Parking at Long Beach

mmpadp

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

I dunno, but for the Sept 10 Miracle Alaska cruise it was all messed up.

Same for my Miracle Sept 24th cruise, it was really messed up and they didn't notify me.I had a 10:00 time and I didn't get on until 11:30.

1 minute ago, TreyB said:

One of the many reasons why (even though we live in California) that we always book and stay at the Hotel Maya the night before a cruise. About a half mile from the cruise terminal with a free shuttle to/from. Hassle free. 

We used to do that on 15 day cruises, but I'm not paying that much as a single and I only live 45 minutes away. It is a great place to stay.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TreyB said:

One of the many reasons why (even though we live in California) that we always book and stay at the Hotel Maya the night before a cruise. About a half mile from the cruise terminal with a free shuttle to/from. Hassle free. 

All our previous cruises out of Long Beach we also stayed at the hotel Maya and took advantage of the free parking and shuttle.  However, this year our friends invited us to stay at their timeshare before the cruise. ... a generous offer that we may regret this time!

• Like 1

They have been diverting parking for a while now (I get a notice ever time I cruise out of that port).  Just not enough parking spaces in their structure anymore.  You can still try, but then you may have to over to convention parking or find an alternate parking spot.  I am fortunate that I live about 30 minutes away from that port and consequently I have someone drop and pick me up.  

1 hour ago, mmpadp said:

Anyone know why carnival is diverting parking at the Long Beach Cruise terminal to the convention center for the October 14, 2023  Hawaii cruise?

How did you find out? It sucks to drop your bags off and then take the bus. I'm going straight to the Convention Center if they do that to me on the Panorama.

10 minutes ago, CruzDayz said:

Same for my Miracle Sept 24th cruise, it was really messed up and they didn't notify me.I had a 10:00 time and I didn't get on until 11:30.

Thanks for the heads up,  We also have a 10:00 arrival.  I guess that may be wishful thinking to get there that early.  Were you able to park at the terminal or did you end up at the convention center? 

1 minute ago, mmpadp said:

Thanks for the heads up,  We also have a 10:00 arrival.  I guess that may be wishful thinking to get there that early.  Were you able to park at the terminal or did you end up at the convention center? 

I got there at 9:15 and sat in a line until 10:00. I then found out that it was closed. The porter that gave me a map gave me and a few other people a map for a place on third and Broadway. I did tip him too, haha. A nice guy at third and Broadway gave me directions to the convention center lot.

46 minutes ago, CruzDayz said:

How did you find out? It sucks to drop your bags off and then take the bus. I'm going straight to the Convention Center if they do that to me on the Panorama.

I got an email from Carnival a few days ago.  Our cruise leaves on the 14th. So not much notice.

They've been doing this for nearly a year, since the Miracle returned from dry dock last November.  The Panorama and Radiance use the parking garage at the pier whereas the Miracle uses the Long Beach Convention Center.  We've done the Miracle a few times and the pier garage was completely inaccessible.  On the positive side, you save a few bucks on parking.

Until recently, you could find discounted parking at several hotels nearby the LBCC for about $100 less per week than the pier.  Unfortunately, those prices have since ended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The parking is diverted to an offsite garage for all the Miracle sailings. We were on the the 14 day to Alaska last month and were supposed to park at the Convention Center but got an e-mail a couple of weeks prior that we would be parking in a garage in a different area of downtown Long Beach. The garage was fine and not in a bad area. We were instructed to drop off our luggage at the port and then park in the garage and ride a Carnival shuttle back to the port. We got there early and everything ran smooth but it was awful on the return. 

When you return take your luggage with you on the shuttle to the parking garage, DO NOT ride the shuttle to get the car and come back to the port for your luggage. I just presumed that was what we were supposed to do and it was a huge mistake. It was chaos in the pick up/drop off area and it took our husbands two hours to ride the shuttle, get the truck and get back to the terminal. The traffic was backed up all the way across the bridge from Long Beach. We were traveling with another couple and had a lot of luggage but my hubby said some people on the bus had their luggage with them. They also waited 30 minutes on the bus before it filled and headed to the parking garage. We will be on the Miracle again in November and will definitely be taking our luggage on the bus when we get off. It’s a 5 day to Mexico so I can pack light, lol! 

Edited by LaRue1975
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CruzDayz said:

You will park in the terminal garage, only the Miracle passengers have to park offsite. There is plenty of room in the garage for two ships but not the third. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TreyB said:

Long Beach Marathon takes place that weekend. Lots of road closures and traffic diversions. 

https://www.visitlongbeach.com/blog/long-beach-marathon/

That is going to affect the Panorama that departs on Sunday. I’ll be on that one too and they have delayed the arrival times with the first appointment at 11:30 instead of 10:00. We do park in the garage though and the race is supposed to clear the port area by 9:30 AM so hopefully it won’t be a big issue. Cruising out of Long Beach has been an adventure lately! 

1 hour ago, Itried4498 said:

They've been doing this for nearly a year, since the Miracle returned from dry dock last November.  The Panorama and Radiance use the parking garage at the pier whereas the Miracle uses the Long Beach Convention Center.  We've done the Miracle a few times and the pier garage was completely inaccessible.  On the positive side, you save a few bucks on parking.

Until recently, you could find discounted parking at several hotels nearby the LBCC for about $100 less per week than the pier.  Unfortunately, those prices have since ended.

Thanks so much for this info. I haven’t been keeping up with Carnival lately. I was last on The Panorama in 2020, then Princess and RCCL started having some very good prices so I have been cruising with them lately. I’m excited to go on the Panorama again.   

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mmpadp said:

I could have reserved my preferred hotel.  Most of the descent park, stay and cruise offers are sold out.

You would have booked a hotel because otherwise, you would have had to park 2 miles away at the convention center and take the shuttle to the port?  Most reports I have seen say that it's really not that big of a deal.

36 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

You would have booked a hotel because otherwise, you would have had to park 2 miles away at the convention center and take the shuttle to the port?  Most reports I have seen say that it's really not that big of a deal.

Yes, it’s a big deal to me.  I would have booked hotel Maya where I could park for free, get a free shuttle to the port; or even walk to the port if need be.

1 hour ago, mmpadp said:

Yes, it’s a big deal to me.  I would have booked hotel Maya where I could park for free, get a free shuttle to the port; or even walk to the port if need be.

The Hotel Maya's parking package includes up to 7 nights.  Additional nights' parking is at $35/night, plus tax.  Even if you got the hotel's lowest advertised rate (which is offered on literally just two days, neither of which has a cruise scheduled the following day), you'd be paying over $650 inclusive.  Most nights you would pay over $900 inclusive.  Hotel Maya has gotten ridiculously expensive.  

I have no idea where you're coming from, but if you're willing to pay those prices, you'd have plenty of options to solve this "problem."  It's a minor inconvenience, anyway.  And given how hectic it can be exiting the garage upon the return, it may ultimately be a better option.

• Thanks 1

Two data points. 

1.  We sailed on the Panorama in June (Saturday departure) and the lot at the terminal was full.  We got no advance notice, although they did give us a map to the Convention Center parking when we arrived at the terminal.

2.  We sailed on the Radiance in October (Monday departure) and there were plenty of parking spaces in the terminal lot, so we parked there.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Petersonfcu said:

Two data points. 

1.  We sailed on the Panorama in June (Saturday departure) and the lot at the terminal was full.  We got no advance notice, although they did give us a map to the Convention Center parking when we arrived at the terminal.

2.  We sailed on the Radiance in October (Monday departure) and there were plenty of parking spaces in the terminal lot, so we parked there.

Thanks for in info.I guess that if there was a three or four day cruise before you, they filled the lot up. I might just go to the Convention Center first now for my Saturday 10/28 cruise. That last block getting in the terminal area was brutal for me with the entitled people cutting in from all sides.