When are cruise docs available?

mafig

On HAL's website it stated that our cruise docs would be availabe on Oct. 10.  Saturday, Oct. 7, I was able to print out our board pass (the one without the bar code).  Didn't see docs then and don't see them now.  Do they come separate from the boarding pass.

So many questions, I know.  However, I haven't been on HAL for a while and things are different now.

1 minute ago, Haljo1935 said:

Yes, but nothing other than luggage tags need be printed.

But you don't even need to print those. The porters at the dock have generic tags, all you have to do is ask, and they will print your cabin number on them. We have never printed luggage tags since HAL stopped sending them...about 10 cruises now.

Of course, then there is our most recent cruise last month, where we did this, and so did someone else...our single checked bag, and someone else's two checked bags all appeared in our cabin. And their checked bags didn't have any name tags on them!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 4:05 AM, CruiserBruce said:

But you don't even need to print those. The porters at the dock have generic tags, all you have to do is ask, and they will print your cabin number on them. We have never printed luggage tags since HAL stopped sending them...about 10 cruises now.

For peace of mind, I always print mine. Not worth the hassle doing it at the port and I know all the information is correct and easy to read.

One of the many advantages of using a TA (at least the one we use) is that she prints the boarding package including the boarding passes complete with bar code and the luggage tags which are laminated and supplied with zip ties to put them on. We go in about a week before departure and everything is ready for us. She is fairly young so we will probably stop travelling before she retires.

• Like 2