Wonder changing Itinerary, now at Coco Cay on Jan 13, 2024 instead of Jan 8. Any other ships effected

rakes5

Just received an Itinerary change for the Jan 7th, 2024 Wonder of the Seas Cruise.

To assist in the refueling process, now visiting San Juan instead of St Thomas, and all port dates changed.

Coco Cay was changed from Jan 8th to Jan 13th. Not sure if any other ships are scheduled for these days. Looked at a couple of web sites that shows who's in port, but they had conflicting information.

Good news, if you were in Coco Cay with us on the 8th. 

Bad news, for both of us, if your there on the 13th.

itin change.jpg

itin change.pdf

• Like 1

The January 21st sailing was changed to this exact itinerary also. My Daughter is on that one she was supposed to celebrate her wedding anniversary on St. Thomas where she was married .

Edited by dbancroft
added text

13 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

The January 21st sailing was changed to this exact itinerary also. My Daughter is on that one she was supposed to celebrate her wedding anniversary on St. Thomas where she was married .

Wasn't aware of a previous itinerary for the Jan 21, 2024 cruise.  When did she book it and when did it change?  We booked in April 2023 and it is the same itinerary posted in the first post. 

Anniversary wishes to you daughter. 

M

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Wasn't aware of a previous itinerary for the Jan 21, 2024 cruise.  When did she book it and when did it change?  We booked in April 2023 and it is the same itinerary posted in the first post. 

Anniversary wishes to you daughter. 

M

She booked last January and was notified of the change in March or April.

On the same sailing and pretty annoyed by this. I specifically chose this itinerary for St Thomas, we’ve already been to Puerto Rico and yes originally we were the only ship at Coco Cay and now it looks like we will be there with another ship. The fact that they announced this change the very day AFTER the final payment/cancellation date is so shady. This is our first time sailing Royal and will probably be our last.

Thus far not affecting the Jan 14th sailing Western). Curious as to why refueling needs to be done in San Juan versus Port Canaveral at the start?  Guess Crown Bay doesn't have refueling capabilities.

@RubySlippers102.  Itineraries do change as you should know. So don't let this dissuade you from RCCL.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Thus far not affecting the Jan 14th sailing Western). Curious as to why refueling needs to be done in San Juan versus Port Canaveral at the start?  Guess Crown Bay doesn't have refueling capabilities.

@RubySlippers102.  Itineraries do change as you should know. So don't let this dissuade you from RCCL.

It’s not so much the itinerary change itself, it’s the fact that they sent out the email the very day AFTER you can cancel with no penalty. Clearly it was already in the works and they waited to let everyone know until they couldn’t change their minds without forfeiting money. I have 3 cabins booked and I would have found a different sailing but I don’t want to lose a big chunk of change so I’m stuck. I’m sorry but that’s shady business practice and I’m not a fan.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, RubySlippers102 said:

It’s not so much the itinerary change itself, it’s the fact that they sent out the email the very day AFTER you can cancel with no penalty. Clearly it was already in the works and they waited to let everyone know until they couldn’t change their minds without forfeiting money. I have 3 cabins booked and I would have found a different sailing but I don’t want to lose a big chunk of change so I’m stuck. I’m sorry but that’s shady business practice and I’m not a fan.

You already agreed via your cruise contract that you acknowledge they can change itineraries. So the timing is mere coincidence.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

You already agreed via your cruise contract that you acknowledge they can change itineraries. So the timing is mere coincidence.

I’m not sure what your point is. I’m well aware they can change the itinerary and I’m not calling them up demanding they change it back or demanding some sort of compensation or something ridiculous 🙄 - but to say it’s mere coincidence when it was announced the morning after the cancellation date is asinine. It’s frustrating and I think being annoyed about it is a natural reaction. If you disagree…I couldn’t possibly care less but ok. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RubySlippers102 said:

I’m not sure what your point is. I’m well aware they can change the itinerary and I’m not calling them up demanding they change it back or demanding some sort of compensation or something ridiculous 🙄 - but to say it’s mere coincidence when it was announced the morning after the cancellation date is asinine. It’s frustrating and I think being annoyed about it is a natural reaction. If you disagree…I couldn’t possibly care less but ok. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

I lost a bucket list Panama Canal cruise due to schedule changes. So swapping St Thomas for San Juan doesn't really register on my scale of cruise frustration.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I lost a bucket list Panama Canal cruise due to schedule changes. So swapping St Thomas for San Juan doesn't really register on my scale of cruise frustration.

Ok? That’s you. Sailing the Panama Canal wouldn’t be my thing at all but I would never downplay your frustrations about your itinerary change just because it doesn’t register on MY scale. Your comment was snide for no reason and contributed absolutely nothing to the conversation but I’m guessing it padded some cruise superiority complex of yours so have at it I guess. 

• Like 2

On 10/10/2023 at 3:20 PM, rakes5 said:

Just received an Itinerary change for the Jan 7th, 2024 Wonder of the Seas Cruise.

To assist in the refueling process, now visiting San Juan instead of St Thomas, and all port dates changed.

Coco Cay was changed from Jan 8th to Jan 13th. Not sure if any other ships are scheduled for these days. Looked at a couple of web sites that shows who's in port, but they had conflicting information.

Good news, if you were in Coco Cay with us on the 8th. 

Bad news, for both of us, if your there on the 13th.

itin change.jpg

itin change.pdf 258.49 kB · 13 downloads

I am on this cruise too. Unless they throw Jamaica and Labadee in there, I don't care. Most of the regular stops are all the same to me. I would be annoyed had I booked private excursions and it was late change. It is the day after final payment, but I certainly would not give up my deposit and cancel because of this. We know changes are allowed and at least occasional, rather than rare. 

Nice to know though, in case I had booked anything! Thanks!

23 hours ago, RubySlippers102 said:

But they also changed itineraries on other cruises after your so your cruise wasn't just singled out.  Things may have been "in the works" for some time, but not finalized. Sadly, your cruise happened to be the first hit.  😬

• 2 weeks later...

Royal should allow people to cancel their cruises without penalty if they make changes to the itinerary after final payment. They effectively have changed the contract I have with them to go to the designated ports that I originally booked for.  It’s like booking a flight to Paris only to be told that our flight will be going to Alabama and I have to be ok with it because the contract states that the airline can make changes to the itinerary. Oh, and it’s non refundable because that too is in the contract.