Best Cuban food near bayside market.

skeeter195

Last year we got in a cab and asked the driver to take us to an excellent yet reasonable Cuban restaurant near Bayside.  He took us to a place that had a big rooster statue out front.  He said the owners of the place owned a fancier place just down the street but this place was just as good.  He was right, it was really good with everything very authentic right down to the mojitos with a piece of sugarcane in it for a stirrer.  It was so good in fact that we ate and drank many mojitos causing the four of us to forget the name.  If anyone knows of which place I speak of please share.  On the other hand though we are open to any place that is reasonably priced with great food.  

Thank you

Last year we got in a cab and asked the driver to take us to an excellent yet reasonable Cuban restaurant

that's a plan I have often recommended to Miami visitors. The best Cuban food is usually at mom and pop places and they are ALL OVER Miami <even downtown>

Consider asking the front desk staff of the hotel if concerned a taxi might take you for a ride .... <where do THEY go to eat> This way works better if using Uber/Lyft vs taxi .......

that said does THIS look familiar:

60b902c243e2543a91f2d705_121572954_3772405456102900_3816093876552171985_o.jpg

several locations around Miami and one just under 4 miles from Bayside in Little Havana. This was a popular place with Miami folks (vs tourists) when I lived in Miami . . . IOW here the locals eat ..... The fancier place down the street at the Little Hav' location is "Versallies .... the worlds most famous Cuban ...." ugh, food is better at La C" IMO and you don't pay for the hype!!!!

Edited by Capt_BJ

That is the place for sure.  Even after many mojitos you can't forget that rooster.  Thanks for the tip about asking a hotel employee where to go.  We will try that first but if all else fails we will go back to La Carreta.

Thanks again Capt

If you are staying at the Intercontinental across from Bayside, La Canita or Mambo Cafe in Bayside are pretty decent.

You can also take a taxi across to Miami Beach, Puerto Sagura in SoBe is what those recommending Mom & Pop type places is all about.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, I think I ate at the same place last time I was in Miami.  I told the waiter I had never had Cuban food and he brought us stop not even on the menu.  One of the best meals I ever had, planning on going again when we are there in December