Princess Platinum Vacation Protection Questions

Sn0cruiser

I’ve been trying to reassure friends who’ve been doom scrolling (don’t ask).  They’re concerned about not being covered with cancel for any reason PVP in the following situations:

1) plane cancellations and delays (especially + PVSA) mean they miss the cruise

2) they are denied boarding for any reason including not having the right documentation 

In these cases, are they still covered by cancel for any reason ?  While their specific concerns may be unwarranted it is easier for me to just confirm they are covered (assuming that’s true).

My only experience of PVP was cancelling around 45-50 days before the cruise and it worked as advertised.

Depends:

1.  Regular (75% FCC) or Platinum (100% FCC)?

2.  Okay with getting to next port later (in case of Hawaii...5 days later)?

3.  Flying EZ Air or on your own?

4.  Covered reason (fare reimbursed minus insurance).

5.  Flying in a day or two early to avoid missing the cruise?

Lots more to consider.

1 hour ago, Sn0cruiser said:

I’ve been trying to reassure friends who’ve been doom scrolling (don’t ask).  They’re concerned about not being covered with cancel for any reason PVP in the following situations:

1) plane cancellations and delays (especially + PVSA) mean they miss the cruise

2) they are denied boarding for any reason including not having the right documentation 

In these cases, are they still covered by cancel for any reason ?  While their specific concerns may be unwarranted it is easier for me to just confirm they are covered (assuming that’s true).

My only experience of PVP was cancelling around 45-50 days before the cruise and it worked as advertised.

My first piece of advice is to read the detailed plan documentation - not just the summary. On Cruise Personalizer, select "Luggage Tag & Travel Summary" at the top of the page. Under Additional Forms & Documents, select "Princess Vacation Protection Plan Description". Under "Princess Vacation Protection - Platinum Plan Details", "Select State" and "Download". I only see states in the United States listed - I don't see provinces in Canada listed. Therefore, I'm not sure if the following applies to Canada as well as the United States.

The applicable paragraph for "Vacation Protection "ANY REASON" Travel Credits" says "In the event that you choose to cancel for a reason not authorized above or for a reason that is otherwise restricted, at any time up until departure, and you have purchased Vacation Protection, Princess Cruises and/or Princess Tours will provide you a travel credit equal to 100% of the non-refundable value of your cruise vacation prepaid to Princess Cruises and/or Princess Tours, for your use toward a future cruise vacation. . . . To be eligible for credits, notification of cancellation must be given to Princess Cruises and/or Princess Tours prior to the ship’s departure."

Note that the only restriction appears to be that you have to notify Princess "prior to the ship's departure."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sn0cruiser said:

Thanks - this helps !

Canadian here and we had Platinum coverage for a sailing we had to cancel 2 weeks prior to our sailing in September.  We used cancel for any reason protection and received 100% FCC within four days.  We did not have flights with EZAir.