Question about Premium Wi-fi Upgrade onboard

harbourxie

I currently have Classic Wifi package for my Aqua class stateroom. My question is if I can upgrade to the Premium wi-fi onboard for 1 person only and 1 day only. I only need the Premium connection for 1 day 1 device to work remotely from the cruise. 

BTW - What would be the onboard cost for the upgrade? Thanks, 

My current cruise is showing $14.99 per day to upgrade from basic to premium  The part I do not know because I have never done it is whether a single day upgrade is permitted.  I do believe I have seen statements indicating that upgrades are normally not permitted the last day or two of a cruise. 

You best bet would be to wait until you get onboard and ask.  If they will not do it for a single day then you may have to do it starting from the day you need it until the end of the cruise. 

It is possible to purchase for one 24 hour period and for a 1 hour period but very expensive.

Last time I looked 

1 continuous hour was 34.00  and one 24 hour continuous period was 67.00  -  these are undiscounted and may have changed.

If you are Elite or above you will have 1 or more hour of non-continous high speed internet for each cc member with status.

5 hours ago, harbourxie said:

I currently have Classic Wifi package for my Aqua class stateroom. My question is if I can upgrade to the Premium wi-fi onboard for 1 person only and 1 day only. I only need the Premium connection for 1 day 1 device to work remotely from the cruise. 

Watch for sales.  I just was able to upgrade basic to premium WiFi for my 2 cruises at 2.99 a day on Labor Day sales.  Kind of no brainer overall.  Probably will go on sale again on Black Friday time etc.   

I second to watch for sales.  The cost of upgrading during a sale will be less than buying an hour of Premium while on the ship.  Plus you will get the benefits of the Premium for the entire cruise.  The $2.99 a day is a no brainer...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 12:15 PM, harbourxie said:

Let me provided an answer -

I am currently on Summit and the price for upgrade from classic to premium is $40 (should be $10 per day). On top of that, Captain Club member get additional discount. I ended up paying $36 for my upgrade for one device. 

Yes - we can only upgrade for one device. 

No - we cannot upgrade for only one day.