Check in Platinum vs room time

chadci

14 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

The only crew by doors are the ones directing you to Lido.  The ones on Muster duty aren't there to police who can go the the rooms and those are only on muster decks

I'm referring to the P/D party - not embarkation. 

• Like 1

Just now, chadci said:

Just to follow up, I did get "the email" and it states that we can go to our room to drop bags. 

image.png.09b661ab5ffc271d96358b0841db2f1f.png

As far as I am able to determine, that is the only place this benefit is documented anywhere (other than on JH's posts every once in a while when it comes up).

57 minutes ago, mz-s said:

As far as I am able to determine, that is the only place this benefit is documented anywhere (other than on JH's posts every once in a while when it comes up).

Correct, the official VIPF T&Cs say "Priority check-in and boarding on embarkation day," so Carnival can change what that actually includes, to potentially remove even being able to drop off your bags before rooms open.

Of course that would also reduce the value of FTTF, which has traditionally only included certain of the P/D benefits.  But would have a mutiny on their hands if they cut baggage drop-off for P/D but continued it for FTTF.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Correct, the official VIPF T&Cs say "Priority check-in and boarding on embarkation day," so Carnival can change what that actually includes, to potentially remove even being able to drop off your bags before rooms open.

Of course that would also reduce the value of FTTF, which has traditionally only included certain of the P/D benefits.  But would have a mutiny on their hands if they cut baggage drop-off for P/D but continued it for FTTF.

They got rid of the early stateroom availability perk without much mutiny so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see baggage drop-off go.

They have no issue reducing the value of FTTF either.

Just now, mz-s said:

They got rid of the early stateroom availability perk without much mutiny so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see baggage drop-off go.

They have no issue reducing the value of FTTF either.

But early baggage drop-off (even if not able to stay in your cabin) is one of the biggest FTTF benefits.  Cutting that takes away too much value from FTTF and at current prices (going up again in 2024) I think demand starts dropping because the remaining benefits aren't worth the price for some. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

But early baggage drop-off (even if not able to stay in your cabin) is one of the biggest FTTF benefits.  Cutting that takes away too much value from FTTF and at current prices (going up again in 2024) I think demand starts dropping because the remaining benefits aren't worth the price for some. 

Having your cabin available as soon as you boarded used to be the benefit of FTTF. Now gone. You used to be able to disregard arrival appointments and show up to the pier whenever you wanted with FTTF. Now gone.

I don't see why anybody would buy it anymore at any price - I mean how long is the line at guest services generally? - but each to their own.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Having your cabin available as soon as you boarded used to be the benefit of FTTF. Now gone. You used to be able to disregard arrival appointments and show up to the pier whenever you wanted with FTTF. Now gone.

I don't see why anybody would buy it anymore at any price - I mean how long is the line at guest services generally? - but each to their own.

We never did buy it, just never saw the value.  We just always got to the port early and when we cruised, I think you boarded in order of arrival, not check in. Same with next week, even with Platinum, we still have a 10:30 arrival time.