Cabin Reviews

OneMoreTime

Hello,

After many years cruising on Celebrity, we thought we’d change things up and try Holland.    Is there anywhere one can find reviews on specific cabins?    Celebrity has a great thread on cruise critic that cruisers submit their reviews of cabins. We’re going on the Rotterdam and would like midship with no known noise issues.   

Thank you in advance.  

• Like 1

As a past Celebrity cruiser, I also miss not being able to look a cabin number up with HAL.  Having taken 20 Celebrity cruises, I was really good about making a contribution to that "cabin information compilation" thread.  If it helps, DH and I stayed mid-ship, Deck 7, on the HAL N. Statendam (sister ship to Rotterdam) in May.  We were in stateroom SS 7101, and it was very quiet!

4 hours ago, OneMoreTime said:

After many years cruising on Celebrity, we thought we’d change things up and try Holland.    Is there anywhere one can find reviews on specific cabins?    ...We’re going on the Rotterdam and would like midship with no known noise issues. 

I swear Cruise Critic used to have member-supplied reviews of specific cabins! It's been a long time since I looked for one; now what I find is an overall review, here:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruise/holland-america/rotterdam/cabins

We stayed in a Vista Suite on the Koningsdam, 4100 -- equivalent on the R'dam of 4098. Loved the location! One staircase up from the Grand Dutch Cafe, elevator-close to much of the rest of the ship. No noise from the elevator despite being across the hall from the "back" of the elevator 'well'. No particular noise at all.

Two things.  Go here:  https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/inventory-assets/ships/pdf-files/HAL-RN-deckplan-all-decks.pdf   and download that pdf.  Then scroll through the various decks and look for staterooms that have other staterooms above, below and next door.  Rooms that have noise will be in areas such as below the Lido Dining, near the World Stage and near the Music Walk (BB Kings, etc).  The second thing to do as mentioned is look through halfacts.com for Rotterdam which is a Pinnacle ship.  However, I'd look at the pdf document first then go to halfacts and see if there are any RECENT posts.  But, sometimes on halfacts, people just post pictures but don't necessarily say anything about the cruise.  

• Like 1