Epic or Escape - First time with Norwegian

Neonch

Seeking advice on a cruise selection: I'm torn between the Epic and Escape for a 7-day journey departing from Port Canaveral in January 2024. Content with the ports of call on either itinerary, I welcome any guidance or insider tips that could help inform this decision. Having enjoyed four cruises with Royal and another four with Princess, my wife and I—both in our early 40s and embarking on this adventure without our kids—are keen to explore what Norwegian has to offer.

For what it's worth, we booked the Epic for next September. Another couple who has never cruised before was going with us. Long story short, we ended up canceling and re-booking the Escape. Since they were first time cruisers, we figured they would have a better experience on the Escape. (There were other reasons for canceling...itinerary, cost, etc.) but this was a big one).

• Like 1

I never went on the Epic, but was on the Escape in September. The Escape had tons of outdoor spaces that I loved and I found it easy to get wherever I was going. The crew all treated me so well and I enjoyed the food. I would definitely recommend the Escape. 

Prior to that, I was on the smaller ones; The Sun and Jade.

We booked escape over epic for this January, but honestly epic is currently thousands less then the escape and almost had us switch. Be have done breakaway and breakaway+ ships before and came close to switching again only because the 2 bedroom haven was thousands less on the epic 

Will also put a pitch in AGAINST the Epic due bathroom situation in cabin. Husband refuses to sail her again, no matter if the cruise is free. If you do book Epic, look for a room close to public restrooms (eg rear stairwell) so you have a bathroom option,and make sure you’r bed is on the balcony side. You’ll thank me later! 

So convenient we were Spa Balcony and one of us could pop over to the spa and shower there while the other one showered in the telephone booth in the room (NOT a Tardis).

23 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

Will also put a pitch in AGAINST the Epic due bathroom situation in cabin. Husband refuses to sail her again, no matter if the cruise is free. If you do book Epic, look for a room close to public restrooms (eg rear stairwell) so you have a bathroom option,and make sure you’r bed is on the balcony side. 

I've been on the Epic and know the bathroom set-up.  How is using a public bathroom a better option than the one in the cabin with someone you know?

In addition to the bathroom situation mentioned above (which wasn't that big of a deal for my DH of 20 years and me), I felt very cut off from the water on the Epic. The only lower deck that's open has all of the lifeboats on it, so you can only get small bursts of scenery as you walk along. The Waterfront on Escape was lovely for exactly this purpose!