Penalties to other cabin mates if one of the 3 people cancel?

10-6mom

Hello,

If there is a cabin booked for three people and the third person cancels, other than the deposit and penalties that the 3rd person will be responsible for, will there be any other fees for travelers one and two?

Unless you booked a non refundable deposit then all is returned if cancelled before final payment. If after final payment then refund & penalties are according to the charts in the passage contract which depend on the number of days prior to the sailing and other factors. If booked through a T.A. some T.A.s have a cancellation fee.  

• Like 1

There is no additional charge for the first two people if the third person cancels, unlike the additional single supplement charged if the second person cancels. However, if the first or second person cancels, then the third person becomes the second person at an increased fare.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NavyVeteran said:

There is no additional charge for the first two people if the third person cancels, unlike the additional single supplement charged if the second person cancels. However, if the first or second person cancels, then the third person becomes the second person at an increased fare.

The first person is locked in from what I have read.  However, I believe you can swap 2 and 3 and no more money is owed Princess since they collect from the primary booker.  Then cancel #3 and new #2 owes money internally to former #2 for the fare difference.  But IDK if that juggling is necessary.  I do think it takes care of issues with PCL however.  If nothing else, my missive will stimulate additional posts with details.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Are you before final payment?

Do you (third passenger) have a refundable deposit?

Do you have insurance if past final payment?

Rules for third passenger canceling is different than first and second.

The third person has not yet been booked. Original booking was for a two person room, the booking will need to be changed to a cabin that will accommodate a third person. Sailing is in March 2024, final payment due in December. The third person has a family member who has health issues, which could cause her to cancel her trip. She understands she will lose her deposit and does plan to get trip insurance. My concern is that passengers one and two would be charged. 

As long as you list "possible cancelling person" as third person, you should not have any problems.  Be sure....to book with a refundable deposit (or Future Cruise Deposit, if you have one).  

If she should cancel nearer to the cruise (after final payment/penalties), then she should receive either Future Cruise Credits/cancel for any reason or reimbursement/cancelled under covered reasons; minus insurance.  Regular Protection Vacation Plan will give her 75% back or Platinum for 100%.

Passengers one and two should not be affected by cancellation.  No added supplement and you get to keep your bigger/original cabin.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 10-6mom said:

Hello,

If there is a cabin booked for three people and the third person cancels, other than the deposit and penalties that the 3rd person will be responsible for, will there be any other fees for travelers one and two?

Thanks everyone for all the information! I will let you know if I find out any additional information when I contact Princess!

• Thanks 1