Anyone been on yacht club

di T

Seems like a recurring comment that everyone keeps mentioning outside of YC the ships are a zoo. I don’t understand, even NCL outside of Haven or Vibe club you are not getting any lounger near the pool after 7am and on sea days the main decks are packed, so what is different about MSC? 

1 minute ago, JustAPilot said:

Seems like a recurring comment that everyone keeps mentioning outside of YC the ships are a zoo. I don’t understand, even NCL outside of Haven or Vibe club you are not getting any lounger near the pool after 7am and on sea days the main decks are packed, so what is different about MSC? 

I don’t either, I did not find it so on my five cruises.  EM

We like sailing aboard the Fantasia-class ships of MSC in Europe. Last year we were in YC aboard the Splendida, and this year's in two Fantastica Balconies to keep costs down aboard the Preziosa. Yes, YC is nice. I think even better than Viking Ocean! But Fantastica was fine for the price paid. Never saw any craziness sailing from Hamburg. We are doing two YC cruises next year with MSC. First is aboard the Splendida again for 9-night Greece/Turkey cruise followed by a 20-night Grand Voyage to Miami aboard the Divina. Pricewise the Grand Voyage is only $100.00 more a night than our usual cruise line's 14-day Tranatlantic.

I also like planning my whole trip with airlines, hotels and trains.

9 hours ago, di T said:

I’m looking at a yacht club cruise for next year followed by a cruise on Accent which we can board from the same port as we disembark MSC,Have never fancied MSC but the Yacht club looks good, anyone with experience of this? Thanks.

I say go for it!  In a couple of months we will be giving MSC Yacht Club a try for the first time on board Seascape back to back/side by side with The Retreat on board Celebrity Summit.  I may try a live thread on the Celebrity board.  Most of our cruising history is with Celebrity ranging from regular verandah to Sky Suite.  Booked the Summit portion of the trip first about a year and half out.  Friends convinced us when they shared the deal they got on a Sky Suite.  I love the Revolutionized Summit.  Added the Seascape segment about nine months out after reading about Yacht Club on a couple of live threads.  Then, we realized the back to back opportunity.  We never would and are not overpaying for The Retreat, but the 5 nights in a Sky Suite on Summit was slightly more money than the 7 nights in a Yacht Club Interior on Seascape with what I foresee as being far better amenities included in MSC Yacht Club.  This is DH’s first test cruise without a verandah, but I think he will survive.  We find we make little use of it anyway.  I wish you loads of enjoyment on Ascent.  The Edge-class ships look stunning.  We won’t try one of these (Beyond) until 2024 in a Sunset Verandah.  I dragged my feet on booking Edge-class since I refuse to book an Infinite Verandah.  Cheers!

• Like 1

Just came back from 1 week on MSC Euribia.

The ship is beautiful and new, although many things were broken od did not work as they should.

Cabin was very nice, and well laid out, with more store room than you will ever need.

you also hear nothing from outside.  The YC service is mostly outstanding, your butlers are just wonderful.   The food is just OK. The buffet on deck 19 is very small,  and the food mostly cold.

This ship is not built for the north sea in the  winter months. there is no roof on the YC upper deck,  so when it rains the whole deck is wet through. In winter it will be too cold to use this deck. Last week October 8th the wind was too strong to sit outside. 

Dining room food was also ok, portions very small  but you can order more. The meat quality is very poor,  steaks and pork tough, many quests complained altough the Italian head waiters believe everything is just perfect. We had a little sea sway on the last night, on both decks 16 & 18   the wine fridges flew open and many bottles were broken, who knows what will happen when the north sea is angry in JAN - March.  

Would I sail with MSC YC again, no it way over priced for what you get.  Also the rest of the ship is just mayhem at times, loud and very over crowded.

happy cruising 

Stephen 

On 10/16/2023 at 1:14 AM, Stem to Stern said:

I say go for it!  In a couple of months we will be giving MSC Yacht Club a try for the first time on board Seascape back to back/side by side with The Retreat on board Celebrity Summit.  I may try a live thread on the Celebrity board.  Most of our cruising history is with Celebrity ranging from regular verandah to Sky Suite.  Booked the Summit portion of the trip first about a year and half out.  Friends convinced us when they shared the deal they got on a Sky Suite.  I love the Revolutionized Summit.  Added the Seascape segment about nine months out after reading about Yacht Club on a couple of live threads.  Then, we realized the back to back opportunity.  We never would and are not overpaying for The Retreat, but the 5 nights in a Sky Suite on Summit was slightly more money than the 7 nights in a Yacht Club Interior on Seascape with what I foresee as being far better amenities included in MSC Yacht Club.  This is DH’s first test cruise without a verandah, but I think he will survive.  We find we make little use of it anyway.  I wish you loads of enjoyment on Ascent.  The Edge-class ships look stunning.  We won’t try one of these (Beyond) until 2024 in a Sunset Verandah.  I dragged my feet on booking Edge-class since I refuse to book an Infinite Verandah.  Cheers!

Well I went and booked! The original plan was Yacht club followed by Ascent ,but the inside Yacht club stateroom on the first leg was sold out..So I decided to book Ascent first followed by inside Yacht club there were two cabins left so I booked! Just means I’ll get flights to Rome and back from Barcelona add a wee stay each side so will be away just over 3 weeks.Looking forward to first time Edge class and first time MSC Yacht club! 

• Like 2

We were on Euribia on the Maidencruise in june, We had a Very Nice stay in the Yacht Club, inside cabin and We Will sail again next week from Hamburg, also Euribia.

In the Night We use the ship outside the Yacht Club. The shows in the the theater, the fantastic Music and show in the Caroussel Lounge on deck 7 and We enjoy to look at the partys in the Galleria.

it is good to Go back to the Yacht club and have a good Night drink and listen to the Music in the Top Sail lounge.

It s a shame not to use the hole ship. It s a fantastic ship with a fantastic Crew. We Cruise again Euribia the 31. March 2024

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 2:56 PM, di T said:

I’m looking at a yacht club cruise for next year followed by a cruise on Accent which we can board from the same port as we disembark MSC,Have never fancied MSC but the Yacht club looks good, anyone with experience of this? Thanks.

Seaview is the sister ship to Seaside, which we've been on earlier this year around the Caribbean in the YC.  The YC is excellent, food was superb as was the service, but outside of the YC is a bit manic and best avoided. The Spa is absolutely fabulous, hot/cold impulse shower to an excellent snow room, we booked an hour every day which is included free with YC.  We tried the water chute ONCE, exhilarating and can't stop laughing.  Don't be tempted to try an Inside cabin, so cramped with little closet space and the shower is really for children, so small unless you get the Handicapped YIN.  

Biggest negative for us was the lack of shade on the Pool deck.....none at all.

Unsure if they are still doing Loyalty match with other cruise lines but if they are well it is worth getting as it will reduce you fare by at least 10%.

Edited by mickey89

The Summit does not have the "ship within a ship" concept that Yacht Club has. I don't think X got that right until the Ascent. BUT Summit is not as big, nor does it carry as many passengers as MSC.

Having been in Yacht Club, we avoid going "OUT THERE" due to the crowds. We went out for the Diamond Party and walked around while the ship was in port and the crowds were off the ship. Other than that, we had our own pool, bar, buffet, dining room, and entertainment. If you want anything from the buffet, the Bulters will get it for you.

• Like 2