Viva Live 21 days, Rome to Miami, plus a few days in Rome

JIMESOPUS

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Liquid sunshine in St Thomas, 

image.thumb.png.9149cbc826f0cf3f3d0dfa6d1fb82e47.png 

Must be cold at home, heater cycling every hour

image.thumb.png.49fedc7befc2a848770876b80e69dedd.png 

The rain the DC area had yesterday has moved north, so not a lot of sun to power panels. (From the local news, .5 mile visibility. How many panels do you have? Our 39 are currently at .2 Kw,

34 minutes ago, GALSews said:

The rain the DC area had yesterday has moved north, so not a lot of sun to power panels. (From the local news, .5 mile visibility. How many panels do you have? Our 39 are currently at .2 Kw,

We have a 3.6 KW system, use natural gas for heat, HW, cooking and dryer. Haven't had an electric bill for almost seven years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Must be cold at home, heater cycling every hour

I'm a bit north of you in Albany, and it is chilly -- in the high 30s. We had snow last night, but it disappeared overnight when the rain came through. Now we just have a little bit sticking to the grass.

Heading further down into the Hudson valley this afternoon to pick up our Thanksgiving pies.

Enjoy the warm weather while you can!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

We have a 3.6 KW system, use natural gas for heat, HW, cooking and dryer. Haven't had an electric bill for almost seven years.

We manage to still require support from grid. One of our biggest draws is charging the electric car. We usually run under 5 kW, even running the dryer. Plug in the electric car and 10 kW. 

• Like 1

I have to say Nelson Martins (GM) is by far the most available, and affable, person in that role that I’ve encountered. He tells a good story, is humorous, gives straight answers (or they seem straight) and is all over the Viva interacting with pax. 
In general I see more higher officers in Viva than I did in Prima.

hope your dinner was enjoyable @JIMESOPUS

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Kevin Fagan goes Big, love it when the performers can go freelance, great show today

I also thought it was a great show. A nice afternoon surprise on a sea day. I might have shed a small droplet when Kevin Fagan sang Bring Him Home from Les Miserable. Also enjoyed their rendition of Aerosmith’s Dream On.

IMG_5537.thumb.jpeg.6e5e18eea0903d70bf78c3eae0363544.jpeg

Edited by Sugar Magnolia
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I also thought it was a great show. A nice afternoon surprise on a sea day. I might have shed a small droplet when Kevin Fagan sang Bring Him Home from Les Miserable. Also enjoyed their rendition of Aerosmith’s Dream On.

Bring Him Home ALWAYS brings me to tears. Les Miz is my second favorite musical right after Sound of Music. Not sure I'll get to see Kevin Fagan on my March '25 Viva cruise though to hear him sing it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Wow… I feel the excitement.  I am so envious of you 😊😊🧐

• Like 1

Enjoying a wonderful day on the balcony when it suddenly started raining, rain with soapy bubbles, was able to quickly retreat back into the cabin, guess the folks next door wasn't so lucky, wish I could understand German

• Haha 5

Jim, in checking out the bars have you found Clarence (Chocolate Cowboy)??

Happy Thanksgiving from a very chilly and foggy Walla Walla Valley.

My friend Ron from Lee, Illinois is on board someplace.

Prayers for the young man needing medical attention.

Happy Thanksgiving

Mandy

• Like 2

Just now, www3traveler said:

Jim, in checking out the bars have you found Clarence (Chocolate Cowboy)??

Happy Thanksgiving from a very chilly and foggy Walla Walla Valley.

My friend Ron from Lee, Illinois is on board someplace.

Prayers for the young man needing medical attention.

Happy Thanksgiving

Mandy

Is Ron the postman? 

Clarence is definitely not on the Viva. Last I heard he is on the Joy. 

Happy Thanksgiving! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Is Ron the postman? 

Clarence is definitely not on the Viva. Last I heard he is on the Joy. 

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Yes, Ron is a retired Letter Carrier

I wonder if Clarence made good on his plan to retire?

Maybe it's just us, or our timing but the experience at Hudson's has been terrible constantly. Today for lunch, service was super fast in seating and ordering our food, 35 minutes later the cheeseburger was still MIA, looking around it appeared that the same thing was happening to others. When the burger finally made it's appearance it was hot but way under cooked. This could be the reason that there is always a line for Commodore Room

• Like 1

Just now, JIMESOPUS said:

Maybe it's just us, or our timing but the experience at Hudson's has been terrible constantly. Today for lunch, service was super fast in seating and ordering our food, 35 minutes later the cheeseburger was still MIA, looking around it appeared that the same thing was happening to others. When the burger finally made it's appearance it was hot but way under cooked. This could be the reason that there is always a line for Commodore Room

I don’t have much patience for a long, drawn out lunch at the MDR, so it’s armed to armed combat for me either at the buffet or at Indulge. The Local I reserve for special late night binging. Perhaps I will try lunch at the Local either tomorrow or on last sea day. Don’t think I will venture out tomorrow in St. Thomas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2