Scarlet Lady / Live /Solo - Oct 18-22 2023

sid_9169

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Well, you know how life sometimes throws a curve ball at from straight out of the blue? I think one hit me last night around 3:00 am. Remember what happened on board Scarlet Lady exactly one week ago today? Well, it struck me, and I've spent most of the night going back and forth to the bathroom, probably at least a dozen or more times...

I couldn't get back to sleep most of the time, so I ended up just lying there hoping whatever it is will just run it's course. It's 9:40 am now, and I'm going to head up to get some coffee. There's an extreme possibility that I won't be enjoying Bimini today, as there's just no way I want to have to be running back and forth to the public restrooms there all day. I don't know if I should try and visit the medical center, as I sure as heck don't want to incurr some kind of huge medical bill. I'm probably just going to "ride it out" for awhile and see what happens.

Even worse, this exact same thing happened to me on the Halloween cruise on the Norwegian Escape six years ago... My very first Live Review, which basically fell apart before it got off the ground.........

Any chance you go ashore in Bimini and find a pharmacy to grab some medicine to help your stomach?  Probably cheaper than infirmary onboard. 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, figmentfreak said:

Any chance you go ashore in Bimini and find a pharmacy to grab some medicine to help your stomach?  Probably cheaper than infirmary onboard. 

There aren't really any stores except for the far South part of the island. I'm just going to tough it out for now and see what happens.

• Like 10

When this happened on the Escape in 2017, I remember thinking to myself "I can't possibly get on the plane home like this. There's no way that I can do THAT in the plane"... Fortunately it passed the day before I had to go home... 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah if that's legit I would be making a lot of trips back to my room to wash my hands. Wear cargo shorts with a bottle of soft soap or something.

It doesn't help for this trip, but they make a little plastic container that has paper thin sheets of soap in it that fits into your pocket. I keep one in my car for when I go the beach or parks around here because the bathrooms almost never have soap. It would be really easy to travel with and perfect for that sort of situation.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

There aren't really any stores except for the far South part of the island. I'm just going to tough it out for now and see what happens.

Between Stuart’s and Joe’s on the opposite side of the road there are a few general stores that will have meds. One lady’s store has everything from hot sauce to wigs. 

3A99D2CB-1D65-4990-8E27-F04B814AF1BA.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CallistaSkye said:

It doesn't help for this trip, but they make a little plastic container that has paper thin sheets of soap in it that fits into your pocket. I keep one in my car for when I go the beach or parks around here because the bathrooms almost never have soap. It would be really easy to travel with and perfect for that sort of situation.

Heading to Amazon now!  I sail in a couple of weeks.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Izzy3168 said:

Heading to Amazon now!  I sail in a couple of weeks.

Yay! Glad to have helped.

These are the ones I have, but I realize not everyone wants a cat shaped soap holder lol. But just to help with what to look for: https://www.amazon.com/KISEER-Portable-Disposable-Washing-Scented/dp/B08N457VG3/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=soap+sheets+for+travel&qid=1697818352&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

They work really well and it's a good amount of soap from the little sheet. I guess they make laundry soap ones too, but I haven't tried out that so I can't speak to how well they work.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Do I even have what it'll take to walk to Joe's? Do I really want to be eating more raw seafood? I guess I've got some stuff to figure out... Sure as heck isn't going to be Ebbie and Pat's...

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 5
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Do I even have what it'll take to walk to Joe's? Do I really want to be eating more raw seafood? I guess I've got some stuff to figure out... Sure as heck isn't going to be Ebbie and Pat's...

😑I bet they have soap in the bathroom with the shark. 

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 7

42 minutes ago, WanderingBrit said:

If they were a traditional shore-based establishment, no soap in the bathrooms would get them shut down.

It should be. There was a cafe in New Orleans I went to once. Went in the bathroom. No soap. Walked out.

And a Jack n the Box in Gonzales. Went in that bathroom and the entire sink was roped off. Out of order. I was with someone that time. Someone who didn't care. He pulled out a germx. "No problem." Yeah but what about the people making that food? Maybe they go wash their hands in the kitchen. Maybe they forget. That was like 10 years ago. Never been back.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 13