Scarlet Lady / Live /Solo - Oct 18-22 2023

sid_9169

On 10/20/2023 at 5:49 PM, sid_9169 said:

Truth? I almost wish I was back home instead of here sick on a trip that I've got more than two grand into...

Couldn’t  agree more. I hate when people say that!

I’d look into filing a complaint given the lack of soap and that they knowingly had this issue week before. You deserve some compensation.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, conandrob240 said:

I’d look into filing a complaint given the lack of soap and that they knowingly had this issue week before. You deserve some compensation.

You're assuming that the intestinal distress was the result of onboard sanitation failings, rather than the varied array of food consumed ashore ....

• Like 1

In reference to the above post. I'm pretty sure that whatever I caught was from the ship, whether it was food poisoning or caused by food prep practices such as hygiene or food temperature issues. A couple of weeks ago on Scarlet Lady at least 80 or so people came down with something, and the likelihood of them all eating something at the same place on shore is highly unlikely...

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

In reference to the above post. I'm pretty sure that whatever I caught was from the ship, whether it was food poisoning or caused by food prep practices such as hygiene or food temperature issues. A couple of weeks ago on Scarlet Lady at least 80 or so people came down with something, and the likelihood of them all eating something at the same place on shore is highly unlikely...

Understood, but we don't know that others were similarly afflicted on your cruise?

I was away for a few days and just got caught up again and poof, it's over ! Sorry this turned into a "not so enjoyable" cruise but we definitely appreciate your dedication in taking us along ALL THE WAY!!

Glad you made it home safe and sound. Can't wait until the next one. Thanks again Sid, be well always!!

• Like 6

12 hours ago, WanderingBrit said:

You're assuming that the intestinal distress was the result of onboard sanitation failings, rather than the varied array of food consumed ashore ....

Yes I am. Significant cases week prior. Lack of sanitation options. Even if it wasn’t, just knowing they failed to take appropriate action in response to a sailing with illness would

be enough to prompt me to write a note to customer service requesting some compensation 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

i say it is all from lack of soap. Wash your hands!

• Like 2

On 10/23/2023 at 8:57 PM, conandrob240 said:

Totally agree

• Like 3

Reply from CDC:

Hello and thank you for contacting CDC’s Vessel Sanitation Program.

Vessels are required to have an adequate supply of soap in the public toilet facilities; Section 9.1.1.1.6 of the 2018 Vessel Sanitation Program Operations Manual.

We will forward your concern to Virgin Voyages and follow up during our next unannounced inspection.

Regards,

Vessel Sanitation Program

Edited by Cruisercl
  • Like 12

On 10/26/2023 at 6:45 PM, Cruisercl said:

Reply from CDC:

Hello and thank you for contacting CDC’s Vessel Sanitation Program.

Vessels are required to have an adequate supply of soap in the public toilet facilities; Section 9.1.1.1.6 of the 2018 Vessel Sanitation Program Operations Manual.

We will forward your concern to Virgin Voyages and follow up during our next unannounced inspection.

Regards,

Vessel Sanitation Program

Yeah! On one cruise we were on they pretty much cancelled lunch ship wide so they could get everything just right for that afternoon's "unannounced inspection." 😆

• Like 2

On 10/16/2023 at 4:36 PM, sid_9169 said:

Last week I experimented with a grilled pineapple margarita recipe I read about. I don't have an actual grill, so I just heated up the pineapple slices in the toaster oven. Didn't really get any sort of nice "char" on the outside, but the drink was good. Tonight, I threw a few slices in my cast iron skillet to give it another go. The juice definitely has a charred appearance, so I'm hoping for magic...

PXL_20231016_231009974.jpg

Oooh.  I've got a fun one for you.  Float the pineapple on top of your margarita, sprinkle with brown sugar, drench in a little 151 or higher alcohol and light the sucker on fire.  Sugar will melt and infuse itself with the pineapple.  It's not just flashy -- it tastes great 🙂

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, mk-ultra said:

Oooh.  I've got a fun one for you.  Float the pineapple on top of your margarita, sprinkle with brown sugar, drench in a little 151 or higher alcohol and light the sucker on fire.  Sugar will melt and infuse itself with the pineapple.  It's not just flashy -- it tastes great 🙂

Sounds like something I should try out!... I just squeezed a few limes for regular margaritas just now...

PXL_20231103_213524142.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...