Scarlet Lady / Live /Solo - Oct 18-22 2023

sid_9169

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

The day we got on the ship, Scarlet Lady was the only ship in port. Today, it's another very busy day at POM. There's the Celebration right over there, my next cruise in January. Hopefully that one will erase the memory of this one.

PXL_20231022_140134740.jpg

Oh it will, and for all the right reasons! 😁

• Like 17

When I made it through customs, I was able to find a guy in the taxi line to split a cab to the airport. It was win win for both of us, and at least I had some decent conversation on the way. I'm here at the airport now wayyy early for my flight, so I haven't even bothered going through security yet, in case I want to go outside and get some fresh air. I can tell you that the air conditioning here works exceptionally well, bordering on arctic... There's a Versailles Cuban restaurant here, so I might grab one of their Cuban sandwiches rather than the stuff to be found in the concourse. There's also a new sushi place, but I'm dubious of airport sushi. Better or worse than gas station sushi? I'm not about to find out, I've already had food poisoning once this week...

PXL_20231022_153125385.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 15

Tell you the truth, it wasn't half bad, in fact pretty good. I still prefer my sandwich back home, but for airport food I'm giving it a thumbs up... 

As far as the stuff that happened back on the ship, I am definitely willing to shoulder half the blame. I'm pretty vulgar by nature, and it only gets much worse once I have a few drinks in me... Hopefully the Tribe members can handle my filthy mouth when we're on board the Celebration... If a certain someone happens to be reading this, I'm sorry, and I mean that sincerely...

• Like 37

I'm through security, and settling in for a long afternoon waiting for my flight home. It'll be a little more than three hours before boarding even begins, and there's basically nothing to do here at MIA. I'm really not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, but I didn't get paid for four days last week, so missing more days would just mean having an even smaller paycheck to look forward to, and I can't afford that... Boy, this thing really did go sideways, and not in a good way. I hope that everything turns out a lot better in January. 

• Like 19

Travel Safe today Sid...
Hope every minute that passes you start to feel better.
I'd put off thinking about work until after you're home tonight.

Relationships/Friendships can be challenging & the slightest comment or deviation from expectations can at times throw them helter-skelter (speaking from experience)...
Don't be too hard on yourself - I challenge you to instead remember the good/great experiences/memories.
I wouldn't trade my past happy memories w/ an ex (or 2 or 3...), even though we parted ways many years ago...

Cheers to the upcoming Tribe Cruise - You are All going to have an amazing time!!!!

New memories to be made w/ Friends 🙂

Cheers

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 14

Safe travels home, Sid.

Have a nice flight.....the worst from this cruise is behind you. 😎

Your next cruise can only be better....especially with the great Tribe people!  It makes me laugh just thinking about it..lol.

Thanks for the review, not sure I am convinced Virgin is a cruiseline I would want to sail.  The no soap thing just creeps me out with the ramifications of that. JMHO. 😊

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Cruisercl said:

Thanks for the review, not sure I am convinced Virgin is a cruiseline I would want to sail.   

My issue with them is you can't do anything unless you have a cell phone. I prefer doing everything on a desktop with a full size monitor prior to actually boarding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still two hours until boarding time... I've just been sitting over in a quiet corner erasing 90% of the pictures I took this week, so I don't crowd my photo storage. With a bit of luck, I'm hoping to make it home by 8:00 or a little after.

• Like 19

Just now, MeganGC1983 said:

Wow. I’ve never seen it like that on VV. Crazy. 

When I got to that point on the stairs, I just went back up a floor then went all the way aft to sit somewhere and wait for the crowd to die down. Once I didn't see any more people around, I made my way to the gangway, and was probably among the final fifty people off the ship. When I got downstairs to customs, I never stopped walking till I was out on the street.

• Like 17