Our Carnival Venezia B2B - 21 days of "Fun Italian Style" (with pics) - 9/23/23

Jamman54

The drive through the mountains on the way to the Pitons is one of the most unnerving I've been on especially in a van. Hair-pen curves with big drops.  One of the most scenic Caribbean islands. Beautiful but yeah I think the Catamaran might be better. I love St. Lucia

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 5

A short time later the Captain pulls into a bay and the first mate drops the anchor……

IMG_9857-XL.jpg

IMG_9865-XL.jpg

IMG_9877-XL.jpg

IMG_9870-XL.jpg

The other catamaran follows us in…..

IMG_9875-XL.jpg

Once we were anchored the vendors on kayaks flocked in. We had known this would be the case by reading the reviews on this excursion, and a simple no would usually work. Some were very persistent, but if they crossed the line the boat crew would admonish them…….

IMG_9871-XL.jpg

IMG_9879-XL.jpg

IMG_9880-XL.jpg

IMG_9882-XL.jpg

We had about an hour here to go swimming, snorkeling, or whatever you wanted to do…..

IMG_9881-XL.jpg

IMG_9888-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 17

You don’t know how rare this is. Patti is actually in the water!

IMG_9922-XL.jpg

We are both back on board now. I’m helping the local economy by buying some coconut…..

IMG_9914-XL.jpg

IMG_9915-XL.jpg

IMG_9918-XL.jpg

This is the catamaran’s bar…..

IMG_9912-XL.jpg

These are the men’s and woman’s heads (toilets, for you non nautical folks)…..

IMG_9910-XL.jpg

IMG_9909-XL.jpg

IMG_9913-XL.jpg

The first mate pulls up the anchor and we resume sailing towards the Pitons…..

IMG_9927-XL.jpg

IMG_9931-XL.jpg

IMG_9941-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 21

15 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I can't believe the vendors follow you all the way out into the water... Even worse than the one's in West Bay beach in Roatan...

I think the ones at West Bay Beach in Roatan were worse. They never take no for an answer! :classic_cool:

• Like 4

We can see the Pitons in the distance…..

IMG_9945-XL.jpg

IMG_9950-XL.jpg

We sail into Soufriere Bay, spin around a few times, and then start to head back….

IMG_9956-XL.jpg

IMG_9957-XL.jpg

IMG_9958-XL.jpg

IMG_9967-XL.jpg

IMG_9972-XL.jpg

IMG_9978-XL.jpg

We begin our journey back to Castries…..

IMG_9982-XL.jpg

IMG_9981-XL.jpg

IMG_9980-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 18

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

You are correct. So many people get car sick on the winding hills of St. Lucia on excursions. You were smart to take the catamaran. 

1 hour ago, Stallion said:

The drive through the mountains on the way to the Pitons is one of the most unnerving I've been on especially in a van. Hair-pen curves with big drops.  One of the most scenic Caribbean islands. Beautiful but yeah I think the Catamaran might be better. I love St. Lucia

We are so glad that we took the catamaran. Initially, we were on the fence about it! :classic_smile:

• Like 6

Oh Wow ! We haven’t been to Barbados or St Lucia since 2017 ! It looks like both have changed so much ! Our first trip to St Lucia ( been 4 times) we took a boat tour and on another trip we took a tour of the island. No sickness at all and what a beautiful island ! We too have been to the Boatyard several times. The water is amazing ! 
I long to go back to both these places ! If they don’t appear with Carnival, I will look elsewhere ! 

Edited by Indiansbaseball
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Indiansbaseball said:

Oh Wow ! We haven’t been to Barbados or St Lucia since 2017 ! It looks like both have changed so much ! Our first trip to St Lucia ( been 4 times) we took a boat tour and on another trip we took a tour of the island. No sickness at all and what a beautiful island ! We too have been to the Boatyard several times. The water is amazing ! 
I long to go back to both these places ! If they don’t appear with Carnival, I will look elsewhere ! 

We are headed to both in February on Valiant Lady with Virgin. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ckmedsec said:

We thank you for all the great info in another fantastic review.  We are heading to the same islands over the holidays with a different cruise line and the info you provided helped us in finalizing our plans.  

Glad to be of help. Enjoy your cruise! 😎

I have a lot of catching up to do but we have been on Venezia since Thursday.  We are in the Terrazza area which I am glad about because the Barano pool and Lido have been crowded.  Our room steward has been great and we have an ice bucket filled twice a day.  Our CD is MarcQ which I have no thoughts about.  
I do get what people say about the buffet.  On Vista class the salad area is separate which is wonderful.  But this ship is all one line and there are so many morons on this cruise who do not understand what it means to flow in line😡.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wsurrette2424 said:

Hey Jamman54.... awesome trip report!

Just curious.... How did you book your all inclusive day at Barcelo in Aruba?  I can't seem to find it on their website... but it looks awesome!  I'll be there in a few weeks...  

Thanks!

Shoreexcursioneer dot com. 

2 hours ago, pe4all said:

Hope you had a great Sunday- even with the NY fb teams doing nada.    Ready to continue reading your adventures!

My Giants are the worst team in the league. I'll be back this evening to finish our day in St. Lucia. 😎

• Like 7