What's Going On With Carnival and Canada/New England?

kerota

Its somewhat similar to this year too. It appears that the Canada/New England cruises is not popular and not selling as good as back in the day so carnival is avoiding that type of itinerary. carnival is following the money of doing the most popular routes

if you want to do Canada cruises you have to jump ship to other cruise lines like Norwegian that does weekly Canada cruises from September to october

• Like 1

Ever since they cut down to just canada (halifax, sydney, st john) or short trips to st john on a 4 day, they haven't sold. The prices were higher and selling better when it was Portland, Boston, Halifax and St John. I'd prefer the NE stops get added back. 

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
2 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

Any news on 2025, @Saint Greg?  I feel like you are “in the know” often.

I don’t have any sources that work for Carnival. The only thing I have that isn’t public involves entertainment which comes from the entertainers themselves.

I personally am looking at doing Canada/New England from Boston which would be with Norwegian or Princess.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t have any sources that work for Carnival. The only thing I have that isn’t public involves entertainment which comes from the entertainers themselves.

I personally am looking at doing Canada/New England from Boston which would be with Norwegian or Princess.

What a QUICK reply!  Thanks.

Was looking at NCL just last night.  It’s been a REALLY long time, since we have sailed them, but I like that one way Boston to Quebec City itinerary.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

What a QUICK reply!  Thanks.

Was looking at NCL just last night.  It’s been a REALLY long time, since we have sailed them, but I like that one way Boston to Quebec City itinerary.

You happened to catch me right when I was looking at my email.

• Like 1

Was looking for same. I cruise solo and only from Manhattan/NY/NJ  area now. I found a cruise on Enchanted Princess from Red Hook that includes Newport so booked for mid September.  Can’t remember last time I was on a non-CCL ship but desperate times….🤷‍♀️🙄

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 3:41 AM, shof515 said:

. It appears that the Canada/New England cruises is not popular

I feel like carnival really missed the mark with this one. RCL had an oasis class ship doing Canada/New England and has plenty of success. Carnival should have put one of their new and shiny (on brand, not “Italian style”) ships in NYC to really attract folks back from the NY market. 

3 hours ago, notscb said:

I feel like carnival really missed the mark with this one. RCL had an oasis class ship doing Canada/New England and has plenty of success.

RCL does do not that many canada cruises with an oasis class ship. currently their website only shows a  mid size ship, freedom class doing all of the canada cruises this year and next year

Oasis class ship only visited Canada once in 2022 and 2023

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, shof515 said:

Oasis class ship only visited Canada once in 2022 and 2023

Right, and it was perfectly timed with the "end" of Covid and return to cruising. Carnival missed that mark and when they did return to NYC they brought an off-brand ship. IMO, it was a mistake on Carnival's part.

Freedom Class is still a newer class of ships and are rightfully a better product offering than Carnival Italian-Style. Carnival needed to put their biggest and best on show in NYC and they just didn't.

Edited by notscb
  • Like 2

On 10/17/2023 at 12:12 PM, Saint Greg said:

Hopefully working on adding Boston back to them. Then I'd be interested.

I would too, but not if the prices are the same as with NCL. Was looking at a Boston to Bermuda cruise for next year and it was something like $5K for a nice balcony room for 7 days. 😱

46 minutes ago, Cruising_Addict said:

I would too, but not if the prices are the same as with NCL. Was looking at a Boston to Bermuda cruise for next year and it was something like $5K for a nice balcony room for 7 days. 😱

I can’t really speak to that since I’m not really in the market for a Bermuda cruise and I don’t really look at the balcony prices either. I know Bermuda from NYC is one of the carnival cruises I booked during the spring sale of 2022 because those were always expensive.

We would be all over a NE and Canada CCL cruise from Boston. DW and I have been on virtually every itinerary in the northern half of the western hemisphere except NE/Canada. Not really interested in NCL or Princess or Royal. But I won't hold my breath on CCL. 😶