sunset veranda

bahi

Hi, While on the Eclipse 10-1 cruise we booked a cruise on the 
Ascent  9 night 8-24-24 Italy.  Booked a sunset veranda AI which I loved on beyond and have never sailed in an IF. It was a app1000.00 pp more than an aqua class cabin all included booked with tips. Should I switch to an Aqua class or CC?  Feeling bit guilty for spending that much more for SV.

Marybeth

6 minutes ago, bahi said:

Hi, While on the Eclipse 10-1 cruise we booked a cruise on the 
Ascent  9 night 8-24-24 Italy.  Booked a sunset veranda AI which I loved on beyond and have never sailed in an IF. It was a app1000.00 pp more than an aqua class cabin all included booked with tips. Should I switch to an Aqua class or CC?  Feeling bit guilty for spending that much more for SV.

Marybeth

All depends, The SV has the real balcony, but with 1000 more than AQ I would have to take the AQ as I know I would get the Thermal Spa pass, I get it on all sailings if not in AQ room.  Plus with the savings can do more specialty dining if you want.  You will get the mixed of balcony vs the IV room and how some people cant stand them, I like them makes the room bigger overall.  The SV tho are wonderful rooms and Italy in the room would be great sailaways each day, but it can also be very hot overall as it really has no great protection.  

It sounds like you are becoming a little more conscious about the extra money.  Just think it through will all the pros and cons and go with your gut feeling.  August is really a very hot and crowded time in Italy, so that might factor into your decision...good luck!  In addition, look at cabin location too.  I just did an SV on Beyond in May with the weather and temps being excellent.  Furthermore, I must have a real balcony to get totally outside and be on the wake.  

Edited by Lastdance

We're booked on an SV early next year on the Silhouette.  When we booked, I think it was about $500 pp more than Aqua class.  For the refuge of the Retreat Deck, Lounge, flexible embarkation, and smaller dining experience in Luminae (and possible Blu) we were willing to pay it.  Not sure I'd do it for $2000. 

It's all about what's important to you.  On the bigger Ascent, you may want that space the Retreat areas provide to get away from the crowds once in awhile.  

Edited by Winemaker_1

19 minutes ago, Winemaker_1 said:

We're booked on an SV early next year on the Silhouette. .  For the refuge of the Retreat Deck, Lounge, flexible embarkation, and smaller dining experience in Luminae (and possible Blu) we were willing to pay it.  Not sure I'd do it for $2000. 

It's all about what's important to you.  On the bigger Ascent, you may want that space the Retreat areas provide to get away from the crowds once in awhile.  

It looks as though you are talking about a Sunset Sky Suite instead of the Sunset Veranda.  😊

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Texed said:

It looks as though you are talking about a Sunset Sky Suite instead of the Sunset Veranda.  😊

Yes, I was.  I didn't realize there was a difference.  Consider me educated.  So the OP booked an aft SV but gets no Retreat for an additional $2K?  That changes the calculus.

We have done both. After cruising almost exclusively in an SV we had to change a date of a cruise and could not get the SV on the Beyond. That was for a Transatlantic last April. We found we liked it much more than we ever thought we would.  Definitely much handier for running back and forth to our stateroom!  It did make the room larger and we just opened up the large window when we wanted to.   We then moved to the SV for the next cruise barely sat out there do to the weather.  A year ago we had an SV on the Beyond in July and we did not even use it as it was too hot to be out there.  For the $$ in Aug we would definitely step down to the IV and save our $$.  
If your anything like us after almost exclusively in SV you may be pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 3