Late-ish arrivers, what's the first thing we should try?

MujerIsla

Hi y'all. I'm thinking of being a late-ish arriver. I live in the port city (yet this is only my 2nd cruise, because children 🤪), so I won't be in much of a rush. I'm thinking of letting the madness die down a bit before boarding. What would you recommend we bee line to? Will anything not be overly busy? Secret drink/food options we should check out as soon as we get on before everyone else finds them? Thanks!

Kind of depends on how late you board. I think final boarding time is around 2:30 ish.

Guys Pig & Anchor BBQ closes around 1:30, Cucina del Capitano Pasta Bar closes at 2:30 and I think the Blue Iguana Cantina and Lido Market place close for lunch around 3:30.

Also, you'll need to plan to complete your Muster Drill as well

• Like 2

6 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

Please do your muster drill first. It’s fast and easy and the sooner they can stop telling people to go over the PA system, the better for everyone. 

Then get a Guy’s burger or Blue Iguana tacos and a drink of choice.

This all sounds about right.

• Like 1

buffet will be packed, as usual.  sometimes its almost impossible to find a seat.  

if hungry i would recommend Pig or Cucina, folks are much less likely to find those locations day 1.  i hate NOT to get a Guyburger as first thing to eat on the ship but sometimes its just too crowded.  

after 130pm i think we all can access the cabin.  my wife and i really, really like to unpack and store suitcases under bed before venturing out to do things.  sometimes one, or more, suitcases havent arrived but c'est la vie.  

i usually get on the mobile app and see what the sailaway day schedule is.  Breeze is a pretty nice ship ... it was the first one i ever sailed...and lots to do.  

godspeed and fins up! 

• Like 1

I would suggest completing the muster drill. If after 1:30, settle in your room (unpack). There are no real specials to rush to that you will not see the remaining part of the cruise. Explore the ship and become familiar. If you plan to eat in the MDR that night and want to enjoy it, do not over indulge with a heavy guy burger and fries at 2:30 or 3:00 o’clock (there will be plenty of opportunities). Enjoy a cocktail if that is your thing and relax. Do things that you think will be fun and relaxing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

Please do your muster drill first. It’s fast and easy and the sooner they can stop telling people to go over the PA system, the better for everyone. 

Then get a Guy’s burger or Blue Iguana tacos and a drink of choice.

This is my exact plan on Saturday on the Panorama!

• Like 2