Extension Cord (not for medical reasons)

1 hour ago, handbellplayer said:

I see that you can request an extension cord for medical needs.  Can we bring on a short extension cord to have a device beside the bed?  We are on Mariner, so no bedside plugs.

I brought on one for a electric clock. They held it during the cruise.  Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Leave it home. Not worth it. 

Requested a extension cord for a Cpap Machine and distilled water. A gallon of distilled water showed up in cabin but never did see the extension cord.

We did however carry an extension cord in our carry on and went through the scanners fine when boarding. No one said a word about it.

I don't think they can tell, we had lap top, laptop power cord, usb cords , phone charging cords etc. They can't tell the difference.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

We have always brought along 2 plain non-surge protected extension cords in our checked luggage with no problems.  If we need them in the room, we use them as needed.  We do coil them up and put them on the counter when we expect the room cleaning to keep them out of the way for vacuuming.  We did have one held at checkin once when wife had one in her carryon.  Now, I do reminder her before each cruise.