No Show Question

fozzy1975

was hoping somebody could answer a question for me. I booked a cruise today for 2025. I know super early but I want to specific ship in a specific cabin so I did what I needed to do. My question is my son is in college and it is possible in 2025 that he may have an internship and may not be able to go. I was told that if I canceled his reservation prior to final payment then we will only have three in the cabin and they will move us to an 3 person cabin anywhere on the ship! Obviously I don’t want that. Hence the reason for me booking so early. i want my Lido deck cabin! My other option I am told is he can be a no-show at the port, but then I’m charged $250 is that correct? Obviously I want him to be there, but I’m just planning and wanting to know my options in case for whatever reason he cannot. 

17 hours ago, fozzy1975 said:

My other option I am told is he can be a no-show at the port, but then I’m charged $250 is that correct?

From what I gather, if your son is a no-show then you get no cruise fare refunded, but you will get port taxes/fees refunded, and I guess his portion of the auto-grats refunded or not charged.  I'm not familiar with "additional charges" for a no-show.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I would not do anything now.  Too many ‘if’s’.  Rules about cancellation fees are relatively recent, and may change again before you have to make a decision.  EM

What rules are these? A no show is not a cancellation.

Edited by n6uqqq

18 hours ago, fozzy1975 said:

was hoping somebody could answer a question for me. I booked a cruise today for 2025. I know super early but I want to specific ship in a specific cabin so I did what I needed to do. My question is my son is in college and it is possible in 2025 that he may have an internship and may not be able to go. I was told that if I canceled his reservation prior to final payment then we will only have three in the cabin and they will move us to an 3 person cabin anywhere on the ship! Obviously I don’t want that. Hence the reason for me booking so early. i want my Lido deck cabin! My other option I am told is he can be a no-show at the port, but then I’m charged $250 is that correct? Obviously I want him to be there, but I’m just planning and wanting to know my options in case for whatever reason he cannot. 

Getting moved isn't automatic. There is a possibility of being moved if Carnival needs a room that supports what you are in that is now underbooked. Off season cruises this shouldn't be a problem. If you have a booking over spring break or summer then your odds go way up of getting moved.

It may be a little more complicated than that because if the ship is full at the time you need to cancel, there may not be any other cabins available to move you.

Your choice is as complicated as you wish to make it or you can boil it down to a choice between saving a 4th person cruise cost against your desire for a specific cabin.  Either way, you will receive  a refund of port costs, taxes, etc.  

You have some time, follow how full the ship is getting and see if the cabins designed for a 3rd and 4th person are filling up.  That should help determine the odds on getting moved.