IC: Is the Cubana Sandwich gone?

EDVM96

28 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

At IC you order a sandwich and they bake it in their oven. You won't get one from display, they come from the kitchen behind. And this is what came out. I was a little surprised as well. I had much much better Cubanas on Princess ships.

Yes, I know that, just like the cookies at McDonald's in their case, but even their food displays don't entice me. Isn't that the point of a display case (or a commercial)? Maybe not so much...cruisers will bypass the included food. Can't figure Princess out.

Edited by cheetosrevil

1 hour ago, cheetosrevil said:

but even their food displays don't entice me.

Hm, I think food display at International Cafe was always very well before Covid. After restart, it was still,well, ok. You can't expect top notch. And now we're here. Sad.

1 hour ago, EDVM96 said:

At IC you order a sandwich and they bake it in their oven. You won't get one from display, they come from the kitchen behind. And this is what came out. I was a little surprised as well. I had much much better Cubanas on Princess ships.

Yes, completely understand. I've had hit and miss in South Florida of all places!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LACruiser88 said:

Being Cuban- born I have to correct the name of the sandwich, it is a Cubano, not a Cubana.  🤷‍♂️

Sorry. Princess called it a Cubana. I want the Cubano back. 😀

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fabby50 said:

I can't remember, does Princess have a sandwich making station on the buffet?  Maybe we can all get our favorites made there?

I don't know about a sandwich making station, but I recall the Discovery had plenty of things to make sandwiches with. I'll be on her two weeks from tomorrow and plan to check it out. We'll see how "cheffy" I become.

18 minutes ago, cheetosrevil said:

I don't know about a sandwich making station, but I recall the Discovery had plenty of things to make sandwiches with. I'll be on her two weeks from tomorrow and plan to check it out. We'll see how "cheffy" I become.

The November 4th one?  I will be too 🙂  I will miss my caprese sandwich if I can't find one, I'll have to get one in port somewhere!

• Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 5:43 PM, cheetosrevil said:

Would like to know if the #6 picture is before all of the cutbacks in quality. I would never get the sandwich you posted--it almost looks like roast beef lunchmeat. I still love Princess, but so many of their decisions alienate loyal customers and I struggle to figure out how they're enticing new ones.

The image from post 6 was taken on 10-12-2022, Ruby Princess........the image below was taken 12-12-2022, Enchanted Princess. Sorry, I didn't take any images of the Cuban sandwich this year. 

Caribbean Cruise Enchanted Princess Cuban Sandwich 12 12 2022 PC120048 lum.jpg

On 10/19/2023 at 8:48 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Being Cuban- born I have to correct the name of the sandwich, it is a Cubano, not a Cubana.  🤷‍♂️

A Cubano without some kind of roast port is not a real cubano :).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1