IC: Is the Cubana Sandwich gone?

EDVM96

Is the Cubana Sandwich (Ham, Turkey, Cheese, Pickles & spicy Cilantro Mayonnaise) from the International Cafe gone fleetwide?

It wasn't available on the Sapphire in May. It is not available on the Caribbean at the moment.

Some month ago I read in this forum that the Ruby also didn't have it this summer in Alaska.
I last saw it on the Regal in November 2022.

It would be a real shame if Princess permanently removed this nice sandwich from the International Cafe.

0166_20221026_161303.thumb.jpg.24736e67e4e9268015f302c1c2a724d7.jpg

😭

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

It was also gone off the Discovery a few weeks ago. I also noticed that the IC no longer offers any salads. I used to like the Waldorf.

I think the IC didn't offer any salads since Covid restart.
The sandwich limitations seem to be new this year.
The Roast Beef Dijon and Brick Meat sandwiches are also gone.

4 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

But you can get the Beetroot sandwich🙂

😲 🤮

24 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

or to make money...since people are still smuggling booze on board....

That could be. Are there than many people who do?

It seems like an overwhelming amount simply buy the package lately. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fabby50 said:

Do they still have the caprese?  That's my embarkation sandwich 🙂

No more Caprese Sandwich on the Regal in August. And I just checked with someone who just came from the Caribbean Princess. Also no more Caprese Sandwiches there.

So it looks like it's gone, too.
Just simple Ham & Cheese or Salami & Cheese Sandwiches now. Very disappointing.

Edited by EDVM96
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, antsp said:

Chop, Chop, Chop, when will it end. The true colours of Princess will show when the Sun Princess starts sailing. My bet is some shows will have a cover charge 

well... ya.  I don't see spellbound being  no cover charge, but hey....ya can't take it with you when you go.

• Like 1

A Cuban sandwich is delicious and comparing the original post to post 6 I would take the post 6 sandwich every day. They look like completely different sandwiches! IMO most of the IC offerings are lacking and I'm never tempted so I'm surprised by the number of people who love it. Yes, I've eaten a few things there, but they've just been meh.

Edited by cheetosrevil

1 hour ago, cheetosrevil said:

They look like completely different sandwiches! 

You're absolutely right. 1st photo was on the Regal in November. Not enough melted cheese and mayo. Different ships, different variations of everything, even the standard items.

But still better than a plain ham & cheese sandwich which you get now.

Edited by EDVM96
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

No more Caprese Sandwich on the Regal in August. And I just checked with someone who just came from the Caribbean Princess. Also no more Caprese Sandwiches there.

So it looks like it's gone, too.
Just simple Ham & Cheese or Salami & Cheese Sandwiches now. Very disappointing.

Also on Crown Tuna sandwich, Egg salad sandwich and several others   Around 6 in all cant remember them all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

You're absolutely right. 1st photo was on the Regal in November. Not enough melted cheese and mayo. Different ships, different variations of everything, even the standard items.

But still better than a plain ham & cheese sandwich which you get now.

Would like to know if the #6 picture is before all of the cutbacks in quality. I would never get the sandwich you posted--it almost looks like roast beef lunchmeat. I still love Princess, but so many of their decisions alienate loyal customers and I struggle to figure out how they're enticing new ones.

Edited by cheetosrevil

6 minutes ago, cheetosrevil said:

I would never get the sandwich you posted--it almost looks like roast beef lunchmeat.

At IC you order a sandwich and they bake it in their oven. You won't get one from display, they come from the kitchen behind. And this is what came out. I was a little surprised as well. I had much much better Cubanas on Princess ships.

Edited by EDVM96