Using OBC for Daily Service Charge

gmbhardy

1 minute ago, perakcruiser said:

Just to add that it is (obviously) only possible for bookings where you don´t have to pay the service charge before boarding. Which means basically only US bookings I guess. 

Oh, thank you.  I was not aware of that.  I told my TA to go ahead and pre-pay my gratuities so I don't have to worry about them. 

3 hours ago, JAGR said:

We did the week we were on Meraviglia with you!  Hope all is well.

Yes, all is well. We will be on the Seascape for a B2B starting on Nov.4. Then we have a Celebrity cruise in January to celebrate my 70th followed by a transatlantic on the NCL Joy in February. The coup de grace will be a 28 day B2B on NCL Encore that includes a 21 day Panama Canal cruise and seven day Alaska cruise. I think we’ve gone a little overboard (no pun intended) this year but what the heck, you only live once. I hope everything is well with you too. Till we meet again.

• Like 1

Wife doing MSC next month for first time:

Is there a difference between daily gratuities and Hotel Service Charge?  Allegedly gratuities were done away with in 2019 so has HSC replaced it?

Is Hotel Service Charge mandatory and added to your account or is it included in a booking made in UK?

1 hour ago, moonglum said:

Is Hotel Service Charge mandatory and added to your account or is it included in a booking made in UK?

Both. It is mandatory and you have to pay it with the cruise price before the cruise. Actually on MSC UK website you only see the final price. 

On 10/19/2023 at 9:34 AM, DaKahuna said:

Yes. All shipboard charges go against your onboard account and are subtracted from any OBC in your account. 

Thanks.  Good to know.  I don't have much use for the on board credit, so I am glad it can go toward gratuities.  The rest can go toward those Venchi affogatos.

• Like 1

Just now, Stem to Stern said:

Thanks.  Good to know.  I don't have much use for the on board credit, so I am glad it can go toward gratuities.  The rest can go toward those Venchi affogatos.

We will be on MSC Divina and thus no Venchi chocolate but I am sure I can find one somewhere! 

• Like 1