Silhouette Delayed Boarding

PGI GUY

10 minutes ago, Cruiser6270 said:

Wow. Lot on board will be frantically booking hotels for Sun night. 

What's likely impact on us TA folk ? Will current passengers get kicked out their cabins mid-Sun so staff can prep them for quick boarding ? Will ship be leaving Sun or have to wait in port til Mon ? So many questions. 

We don’t know any more at the moment, but they will keep us updated. I’ll post if I can when on the wifi!

• Like 2

I should have been on board Silhouette at this time but due to a medical emergency I had to leave at Lanzarote and spend 3 nights in hospital. We had hoped to rejoin the cruise but it sounds like we dodged a bullet there!

Waiting for the insurance company to sort out the claim and get us back to the UK, hopefully Monday. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cruiser6270 said:

so staff can prep them for quick boarding 

Not likely.  Ship will need to be fully provisioned for a TA, and the workers/materials for same will probably be contractually tied to normal work hours.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, FuzzyDuckUK said:

I should have been on board Silhouette at this time but due to a medical emergency I had to leave at Lanzarote and spend 3 nights in hospital. We had hoped to rejoin the cruise but it sounds like we dodged a bullet there!

Waiting for the insurance company to sort out the claim and get us back to the UK, hopefully Monday. 

hope you feel better and ins comes through

• Like 1

My parents are on the ship.

They have just left Lisbon.

They were being told originally that they would have to get off the ship immediately no matter what the time was which seemed extremely unreasonable to me.

I am ready to book them a hotel for Sunday night and a train home Monday morning, I really think they should be allowed to stay on the ship.

I told them to think of it as an extra free night on the ship, but they are very apprehensive re crossing the Bay of Biscay.

Edited by alistairg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FuzzyDuckUK said:

Sorry to hear about your hospital stay. I hope you have smooth trip back home.

• Like 1

Was up north staying with friends.  Got the Celebrity email on Wednesday saying there might be a delay.  Drove to Southampton today from Harrogate in the pouring rain (6 hours).  Checked in to Moxy.  Looked at CC and decided to extend our stay a night until Monday which coincides with the ports schedule that the Silly will leave Monday at 1600.

Can’t believe Celebrity hasn’t notified people yet….🙄

4 hours ago, cnktodhunter said:

I am onboard. We haven’t been told that we are staying on until Monday morning. It’s just speculation.

Southampton port schedule has been updated arrival Sunday 10 PM, Departure Monday 4PM

Any news from the Silhouette?

10 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Southampton port schedule has been updated arrival Sunday 10 PM, Departure Monday 4PM

Any news from the Silhouette?

We are waiting for further news from Captain George this morning once we know how bad the weather in the Bay of Biscay is. That will dictate if we can get to Southampton any earlier.

They’ve offered to reimburse hotels up to £200 on Sunday night.