Silhouette Delayed Boarding

PGI GUY

55 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

I don’t know where you are at the moment but we had Storm Babet yesterday. Lots of damage along the Devon coastline, fully understand the later boarding.

It’s due to delay in Portugal due to the storm.

They are having an extra day in Lisbon and missing Vigo all together, so are anticipating late arrival into Southampton on Sunday morning.

• Like 1

Apparently Captain George has sent text messages to passengers who are ashore in Lisbon , asking them to return to the ship, as he wants to leave early, so avoiding the worst of the bad weather.

What happens if you don’t have your mobile phone with you?😱
There are people who say they leave it in the safe, so they get a complete holiday.

27 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Apparently Captain George has sent text messages to passengers who are ashore in Lisbon , asking them to return to the ship, as he wants to leave early, so avoiding the worst of the bad weather.

There are people who say they leave it in the safe, so they get a complete holiday.

Yup that makes me worried my one and only phone is a work one so while they are ok with me taking it abroad they really don't want me using it much 

Silhouette is currently in Lisbon and looking at Windy looks like both High winds and seas off the coast of North West Portugal / Spain.   I would expect they will try to hug the coast and go through the Bay of Biscay.    Going to be a rough ride.  

I was on a rough TA to Southampton to Boston a couple years ago and we had to divert south of the Azores putting us in a day late and  elimination one port and shifting all others by a full day.

Waves --   in white area in the 30 foot range

image.png.199ae63adf7bbe6d337563441d2cf7ac.png

Winds 40 Knots

image.png.4865ed3bb04ac887b51d8716dcec1d5f.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

I'm wondering if they are now dropping Vigo, Spain.   The are still in Lisbon and it's 1:30 AM.    Looks like the storm will pass in the Bay of Biscay by Friday afternoon. 

By Cruisemapper they look like they may be anchored just outside the port.   Just a guess from the map.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm wondering if they are now dropping Vigo, Spain.   The are still in Lisbon and it's 1:30 AM.    Looks like the storm will pass in the Bay of Biscay by Friday afternoon. 

By Cruisemapper they look like they may be anchored just outside the port.   Just a guess from the map.

She is still at the cruise terminal in  Lisbon. Vigo has been dropped.

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I figured that is what they did.   Wonder if the passengers were able to spend the evening in Lisbon.

They were unable to sail as the port was closed due to the weather. I suspect a very late arrival on Sunday.

Just now, BigAl94 said:

They were unable to sail as the port was closed due to the weather. I suspect a very late arrival on Sunday.

Wow... that is going to be a mess.    Think of all the missed flights, hotel reservations, car services etc. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wow... that is going to be a mess.    Think of all the missed flights, hotel reservations, car services etc. 

Port of Lisbon website currently shows Silhouette estimated departure time 22.00 hours tonight.

1 hour ago, BigAl94 said:

Port of Lisbon website currently shows Silhouette estimated departure time 22.00 hours tonight.

Initially, they were leaving 5 am this morning.

I can’t believe how smoothly our cruise went last week.

Only hiccup we had was that Tenerife & Lanzarote days were changed, as there was a a transport strike in Tenerife the day we were due to dock.

31 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

Latest word from the ship is afternoon departure around 16.00 from Lisbon and anticipated arrival in Southampton 21.00 Sunday which is still dependent on the bad weather forecast.

A lot of unhappy TA passengers, who wonder what they will be doing in Southampton tomorrow with cases!!😱

13 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Scary thought, indeed. Perhaps they should rethink that practice. One never knows what emergency info may need to get out to passengers. 

• Like 2

We are onboard Silhouette. Stuck in Lisbon until at least 5pm but that is dependent on a call with the port who may or may not re-open. We weren’t able to get away last night before it closed as crew and guests were still off thinking they had all night.

We’re told arrival in Southampton on Sunday is likely to be 9pm.

49 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Scary thought, indeed. Perhaps they should rethink that practice. One never knows what emergency info may need to get out to passengers. 

yes,  we are  def rethinking that plan..take phone for emergency!

(Hope  passengers, cew and ship are safe!)

on a Carib cruise awhile ago ,  we took  a Celeb excursion to a St Maarten Beach Club. After a great time,  the driver failed to return for us  (about 12 to 15)...NO ONE had a cell ..We had to ask the Beach Club mgr to contact the Celeb Port Agent to send a new Van/ driver..They did  and we made it back..no sailaway delay!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hcat said:

yes,  we are  def rethinking that plan..take phone for emergency!

(Hope  passengers, cew and ship are safe!)

on a Carib cruise awhile ago ,  we took  a Celeb excursion to a St Maarten Beach Club. After a great time,  the driver failed to return for us  (about 12 to 15)...NO ONE had a cell ..We had to ask the Beach Club mgr to contact the Celeb Port Agent to send a new Van/ driver..They did  and we made it back..no sailaway delay!

🫤

That's bad. I always have my phone I just normally have it on airplane mode while traveling because it's not a personal one. But in an emergency I would use it and just tell my work charge me if needed.

54 minutes ago, cnktodhunter said:

We are onboard Silhouette. Stuck in Lisbon until at least 5pm but that is dependent on a call with the port who may or may not re-open. We weren’t able to get away last night before it closed as crew and guests were still off thinking they had all night.

We’re told arrival in Southampton on Sunday is likely to be 9pm.

Wow. Lot on board will be frantically booking hotels for Sun night. 

What's likely impact on us TA folk ? Will current passengers get kicked out their cabins mid-Sun so staff can prep them for quick boarding ? Will ship be leaving Sun or have to wait in port til Mon ? So many questions.