QM2 World Cruise 2024 - Visas and Online Embarkation / E Travel Advisory 72 hours before arrival etc

hariseldon

We are looking forward to going on this World Cruise on QM2 in January 2024, as British passport holders we do not appear to need any visas prior to departing but there are requirements for Electronic Travel Authorities 72 hours before arrival.

ETA for Australia, SG Card for Singapore , Online Embarkation form for Sri Lanka, possibly something similar for Jordan. (Indonesia looks a bit vague but looks like pay on arrival)

Wondered if anyone has done this recently or can advise, would you fill the forms in on the ship before arriving ( relying on ships internet ? ) or can you do it weeks before online in UK before we sail.

Any pointers appreciated.

I noticed that when accessing the Free Internet browsing connected to the ships Wi-fi there were links there for those sites. I never clicked them, but my assumption they are there so you have free access when aboard

3 hours ago, hariseldon said:

We are looking forward to going on this World Cruise on QM2 in January 2024, as British passport holders we do not appear to need any visas prior to departing but there are requirements for Electronic Travel Authorities 72 hours before arrival.

ETA for Australia, SG Card for Singapore , Online Embarkation form for Sri Lanka, possibly something similar for Jordan. (Indonesia looks a bit vague but looks like pay on arrival)

Wondered if anyone has done this recently or can advise, would you fill the forms in on the ship before arriving ( relying on ships internet ? ) or can you do it weeks before online in UK before we sail.

Any pointers appreciated.

I would do them from home in the UK if you can before boarding in case they are problems with the ships internet during the voyage.

Edited by ace2542

6 minutes ago, david63 said:

Some cannot (Singapore for example) as they can only be done a maximum of three days prior to arrival.

I tihnk the worst with that though would be you can't get off the ship in Singapore which is not the end of the world. Unlike U.S or Australia sections of the world cruise. Rejection/lack of possession of those documents would lead to being denied boarding and ergo refund would it not?

6 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I tihnk the worst with that though would be you can't get off the ship in Singapore which is not the end of the world. Unlike U.S or Australia sections of the world cruise. Rejection/lack of possession of those documents would lead to being denied boarding and ergo refund would it not?

Isn’t Singapore one of very few ports outside the US where everyone has to do immigration? I believe they are very efficient, though.

3 minutes ago, NE John said:

Wasn’t there a big disembarkation fiasco in Singapore this year on the QM2 World Cruise? There was an off-site World Club party that turned into a mess because of immigration. 

I remember the fiasco, I don’t remember the reason. If it was immigration, I withdraw my compliment.

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

I remember the fiasco, I don’t remember the reason. If it was immigration, I withdraw my compliment.

It was immigration. 
However, my DW was in Singapore around the same time (Feb) and immigration at the airport was seamless. She also took a cruise out of Singapore to Penang and Phuket and experienced zero problems getting on/off a huge Royal Caribbean ship in Singapore and the other ports. 
It seems like problems only afflict Cunard voyages. 

• Like 1

My inclination is to at least to attempt to do these Electronic Travel Authorities in the week before departure and see what happens…..

It’s helpful to know what people have done previously as it is pretty much the same every year…

On 10/20/2023 at 5:12 PM, Poole Boy said:

You should do what you can ahead of time, eg Australia, rather than wait until you are on the ship ( Its valid for a year). Jordan and Indonesia will be arranged by Cunard on the ship and charge the cost to you on board account.

Not that I am going on this voyage but just to ask the question outloud for the reference of others. What would happen IF the Australia ETA is denied? Traveller would need visa presumably? And presumably not be allowed to board at all?  Or could they board and just miss the Australia bits?

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Not that I am going on this voyage but just to ask the question outloud for the reference of others. What would happen IF the Australia ETA is denied? Traveller would need visa presumably? And presumably not be allowed to board at all?  Or could they board and just miss the Australia bits?

-I would have thought that if an ETA was not granted, then the next step would be a visa. If some one had neither and the ship ( they) was going to Australia, then in all likely hood they would be denied boarding

12 hours ago, Poole Boy said:

-I would have thought that if an ETA was not granted, then the next step would be a visa. If some one had neither and the ship ( they) was going to Australia, then in all likely hood they would be denied boarding

So they could not sail so till the last port before Australia and then reboard after it left Australia?