Queen Anne

Minnie29

Just now, Wagtail adventures said:

Yes I also noticed no signatures or identifiers. I went to Clarendon Fine Art gallery to ask if there was a list or guide and they said they didn't know what the art was either, and to check with the entertainment team! They also said some passengers found that the Google Lens app identified the artworks, but I tried that on several stairway pieces to no avail. 

If Clarendon can't make a sale on it, they won't be interested in knowing about it.

• Like 1

There was one stairway piece I particularly liked, but I can't remember which deck or stairway! A curved piece of metal with slashes in it. It was different from every angle, which was a lovely effect as you walked past.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

If Clarendon can't make a sale on it, they won't be interested in knowing about it.

That wasn't the impression I got in this instance. The chap was friendly and seemed genuinely disappointed that Carnival hadn't provided a list of the art onboard. 

Just now, Clewgarnet said:

There was one stairway piece I particularly liked, but I can't remember which deck or stairway! A curved piece of metal with slashes in it. It was different from every angle, which was a lovely effect as you walked past.

I liked this one - is it the one you are referring to, by any chance? Stairway A between decks 8 and 9.

Screenshot_20240813_143511_Gallery.jpg

It's very easy to find out about the art collection on Queen Anne.

According to FAD magazine online it's 'the largest largest curated contemporary art collection at sea:'

There are apparently 4300 original works  The works on the three staircases are by graduates of St Martins, Parsons and Royal College of Art. They are  'Vertical Galleries'.

The steel sculpture in the Pavilion is called Genesis and it's by Sam Shendi.

Really interesting and there are some lovely pieces onboard although I'm darned sure I only saw a snapshot of them.

Edited by Victoria2
added 'verical galleries'
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

It's very easy to find out about the art collection on Queen Anne.

According to FAD magazine online it's 'the largest largest curated contemporary art collection at sea:'

There are apparently 4300 original works  The works on the three staircases are by graduates of St Martins, Parsons and Royal College of Art. They are  'Vertical Galleries'.

The steel sculpture in the Pavilion is called Genesis and it's by Sam Shendi.

Really interesting and there are some lovely pieces onboard although I'm darned sure I only saw a snapshot of them.

Would you believe I actually met some of these Guys & Gals and their proposed Art work for QA,  at an immersive QA event I was invited to attended in London a couple of years ago.

Have to admit, I did keep my opinions to my self as the Fizz was flowing freely and I was looking forward to the complimentary Lobster supper later - didn't want to be thrown out . 😅  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Of the pictures I saw around the ship or even in Clarendon I wouldn't have any hanging on a wall in my house.

Obviously not the same Clarendon on QA that I saw.

I could easily have spent £thousands. I thought the art work was particularly great in this gallery.

Just shows how subjective art is. 🙂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Would you believe I actually met some of these Guys & Gals and their proposed Art work for QA,  at an immersive QA event I was invited to attended in London a couple of years ago.

Have to admit, I did keep my opinions to my self as the Fizz was flowing freely and I was looking forward to the complimentary Lobster supper later - didn't want to be thrown out . 😅  

Well, art students are inevitably art students. I hope they at least got the chance to see their work in situ. 

8 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I could easily have spent £thousands. I thought the art work was particularly great in this gallery.

I have no recollection of the Clarendon art on QA other than a print of the original design for the Rolling Stones logo. Alaska on QE is more recent, and I saw little there that I wanted. I am so tired of Mr. Brainwash! And there was a hideous dog portrait that looked like something Adelaide Tempest would paint! (Professor T, season 1)

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

11 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

I seem to remember you telling us but not about your opinions.

I found some of the art 'strange' [our cabin relief work springs to mind] but some I found wonderful. The Grand lobby grew on me and went from a stark, area to an incredibly elegant, beautiful, but still minimalist lobby thanks to flowers, passengers and the great three story panel which is the focus of the lobby.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Victoria2 said:

I found some of the art 'strange' [our cabin relief work springs to mind] but some I found wonderful. The Grand lobby grew on me and went from a stark, area to an incredibly elegant, beautiful, but still minimalist lobby thanks to flowers, passengers and the great three story panel which is the focus of the lobby.

And a ship model by the Reading Room.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I have no recollection of the Clarendon art on QA other than a print of the original design for the Rolling Stones logo. Alaska on QE is more recent, and I saw little there that I wanted. I am so tired of Mr. Brainwash! And there was a hideous dog portrait that looked like something Adelaide Tempest would paint! (Professor T, season 1)

I could have bought all the Sherree Valentine-Daines originals; Rebecca Lardner too,

Some of the sculptures were to my taste too but I can't remember the artists.

Even one or two Brainwash appealed.

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

The question for me is where is the big Xmas tree going? Does not seem enough room in the Grand Lobby to me unless they clear everything else out! First world problems and all that!

Edited by Pear Carr
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

The question for me is where is the big Xmas tree going? Does not seem enough room in the Grand Lobby to me unless they clear everything else out! First world problems and all that!

Oh probably that'll be stuck in the centre of the dance floor in the 'so called Queens Room' to deter ballroom dancers. lol 😉 

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

Sensible answer, I would have thought on the blue circular carpet in the middle of the lobby with existing furniture rearranged or moved out completely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Like you say how subjective art is I wouldn't give any of it house room.

6 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I didn't find it. Couldn't find the Fincantieri plaque, either. 

Back of the ship deck 9, just above the small stage area, similar position to the plaque on QE/QV

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Pear Carr said:

Maybe this will be a "This was a problem for future me, and now I am future me" issue

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I didn't find it. Couldn't find the Fincantieri plaque, either. 

Fincantieri plaque is on the wall of the Pavilion Club behind / above the stage. 

Edited by Winifred 22
  • Thanks 1