Email address to request shareholder OBC

Hobie

7 minutes ago, Hobie said:

What is the correct email address to request HAL shareholder obc?

I thought I had read that the e-mail address had changed but I cannot find that information.

Thank you.

CCLshareholderHAL@hollandamerica.com

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm.  I just requested my shareholder credit and the email is bouncing back as undeliverable.  Either they've changed the email address or they're having an email server problem.  I'll try it again tomorrow.

12 hours ago, ROUS said:

Hmmm.  I just requested my shareholder credit and the email is bouncing back as undeliverable.  Either they've changed the email address or they're having an email server problem.  I'll try it again tomorrow.

I just sent mine in about 10 minutes ago for a March 2024 cruise.  I have received the auto-response just now and expect the confirmation in minutes to a day or so.

Perhaps the issue is that the incoming mailbox was full so was bouncing as they don't process these over the weekend.  I'd try again soon!

Good luck!

1 hour ago, 0bnxshs said:

Perhaps the issue is that the incoming mailbox was full so was bouncing as they don't process these over the weekend. 

Actually, I think it was my attached pdf.  I attached my brokerage statement as a pdf and, for some reason, their email server didn't like it.  I read the "undeliverable" code that I'd gotten back from them and found statements about suspected spam.

So, I tried it again today and this time I embedded screen shots of those statement pages into the email instead of attaching that pdf.  It went through just fine and I got the confirmation email.  Beats me.

Edited by ROUS

26 minutes ago, ROUS said:

Actually, I think it was my attached pdf.  I attached my brokerage statement as a pdf and, for some reason, their email server didn't like it.  I read the "undeliverable" code that I'd gotten back from them and found statements about suspected spam.

So, I tried it again today and this time I embedded screen shots of those statement pages into the email instead of attaching that pdf.  It went through just fine and I got the confirmation email.  Beats me.

That is rather odd.  I extract the page that lists my CCL holding from the entire PDF document and then redact all the unrelated material on the page and send only this 1 page to them.  I've never had a problem doing this.  I hope yours goes smoothly this time. 🙂

On 11/6/2023 at 1:53 PM, ROUS said:

Same here. Last month, it went as smooth as silk. There just must have been something there that triggered theiŕ server's defenses this time.

It took a little longer than it has for the last few cruises we've taken but I got confirmation last night that my SHB will be applied to my March 2024 cruise.  Hope you've also had a positive outcome!

• Like 1

This is the email I had waiting for me this noon:

CCLShareholderHAL <cclshareholderhal@hollandamerica.com>
To:crystalspin
Mon, Nov 13 at 7:05 PM
Good day Ms. Bond,
Unfortunately we can no longer accept any faxed, emailed or hard copy proof of shareholders eligibility for processing the onboard credit.

We can forward on your comments to our management team, however you will need to create a StockPerks account and upload the required documentation in order to obtain the Shareholder benefits.

Kind regards,
Matt

World Cruise Reservations
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

This is the email I had waiting for me this noon:

CCLShareholderHAL <cclshareholderhal@hollandamerica.com>
To:crystalspin

Mon, Nov 13 at 7:05 PM
Good day Ms. Bond,
Unfortunately we can no longer accept any faxed, emailed or hard copy proof of shareholders eligibility for processing the onboard credit.

We can forward on your comments to our management team, however you will need to create a StockPerks account and upload the required documentation in order to obtain the Shareholder benefits.

Kind regards,
Matt

I can't find the other "CCL/stockholder OBC" thread where I jumped to (correct as it turns out) conclusion that StockPerks was going to be the sole way to request SHB. Some people had gone through the process accepting the BRAID default status which demanded you signin to your brokerage account. That was when I wrote my letter to World Cruise Reservations/HAL!

Someone else later discovered that you do not want that default status but choose ALIVEA option that you won't need to log in, just upload what you would be sending by the old fax method.

Wouldn't it have been nice for "Matt" to have told me that? Instead we depend on CC!

ETA: found the other thread, added the email to it.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I can't find the other "CCL/stockholder OBC" thread where I jumped to (correct as it turns out) conclusion that StockPerks was going to be the sole way to request SHB. Some people had gone through the process accepting the BRAID default status which demanded you signin to your brokerage account. That was when I wrote my letter to World Cruise Reservations/HAL!

Someone else later discovered that you do not want that default status but choose ALIVEA option that you won't need to log in, just upload what you would be sending by the old fax method.

Wouldn't it have been nice for "Matt" to have told me that? Instead we depend on CC!

ETA: found the other thread, added the email to it.

I  am a little confused by your “default” discussion, but how do you get to the “Stock Perks” site?  Thanks!

50 minutes ago, PSR said:

I  am a little confused by your “default” discussion, but how do you get to the “Stock Perks” site?  

I haven't actually done it yet and was repeating the "solution" posted on the other thread. Only it's not BRAID, it's PLAID! (I was thinking BRaid for Broker.) 

StockPerks is an app for phone, either Android or iPhone. Only.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, PSR said:

I  am a little confused by your “default” discussion, but how do you get to the “Stock Perks” site?  Thanks!

Here is that discussion:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2972921-requesting-obcstockperks/

Here is the link-to-the-link, but you need to open on your phone to download from your respective store. Suspect the QR code there will take you straight through.

https://www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp

Edited by crystalspin
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

So, how are people who don't otherwise have a need for a smart phone, and consequently do not have a smart phone, get their stockholder's on board credit? 

I have sent that question to CCLshareholderHAL@hollandamerica.com Have only received acknowledgement so far. Will post the reply, but I think everyone affected should contact them.

I may ask one of my children to handle this for me IF it's not rescinded. Luckily, I already requested the OBC thru February's cruise. Next cruise requires the board to extend the benefit. So I have time to see how this plays out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

I have sent that question to CCLshareholderHAL@hollandamerica.com Have only received acknowledgement so far. Will post the reply, but I think everyone affected should contact them.

Thank you! I'll look forward to seeing their reply/your post about it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

I may ask one of my children to handle this for me IF it's not rescinded. Luckily, I already requested the OBC thru February's cruise. Next cruise requires the board to extend the benefit. So I have time to see how this plays out.

Frustrating to jump through hoops, but since I want the perk, I have chosen to go jump. I appreciate those who jumped first that make my jumping easier - discovering it's app only / no website and no need to provide access to sensitive info being the main things.

So I started the process of creating an account and was immediately hit by my first obstacle - it requires validating email and sends me an email. I used (of course) my personal email which I cannot access on my phone (I can only access work email on my phone); there's no option to receive a text instead. Accessing email requires me to fire up my computer so at least this registration part now results in a game of ping pong as I bounce between phone and computer.

I stopped at that point, decided jumping and ping pong were too much for 1 day and will pick it up again another day since my current bookings all have shareholder OBC. 

I hope if you do end up having to use StockPerks to receive the OBC you will be able to access everything from a phone so your children will more easily be able to help you.

Congrats to those who have successfully navigated the process and good luck to the rest of us.🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@RuthC and others: It seems they are aware and will accommodate those of us without a smartphone - later. In the meantime, I'm glad I requested the OBC for all eligible cruises back in April.

Here's the reply from CCLshareholderHAL@hollandamerica.com

Hello,

Yes we are moving away from this manual application process and are now partnered with StockPerks.

We have not yet announced the method of processing for those who cannot access StockPerks, this will be announced in due course.

Kind Regards,

Holland America Line  
Phone: 800-522-3399
Fax#: 206-501-2620

Here is part of a post from another thread (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2972921-requesting-obcstockperks/😞

I have just spoken on the phone with the Chief Customer Officer at Stockperks and have been given the following information to pass along.

2) They are working on a webpage they hope to have operational by the end of the year in which to enter your information to get your shareholder OBC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

@RuthC and others: It seems they are aware and will accommodate those of us without a smartphone - later. In the meantime, I'm glad I requested the OBC for all eligible cruises back in April.

Thank you at least for the information. I'm glad I don't have a cruise booked that's coming up soon, as my next one is well into next year. 
If they have their website adapted by the end of this year---and if it works better than HAL's does!---then I have time. 
Plan B would be to send my stock verification to my TA and have her send it with the request. $250 is a good chunk of change, and we shouldn't have to stress about how to get it! 

• Thanks 1