Villa Vie Residences

Host Jazzbeau

2 hours ago, as3369 said:

On a positive note, Living on a cruise posted that the toilets are operable.  Sometimes the small things are the biggest things.

The toilets are not working in some cabins.

Just now, Leither said:

According to VesselFinder it hasn’t moved for 13 hours now.

1 minute ago, Leither said:

According to VesselFinder it hasn’t moved for 13 hours now.

Or more correctly, that was the last time its position was reported.

its a matter of time until they run out of cash. 125 people on board not paying monthly fees (in lieu of the money the spent for accommodation in Belfast etc.. )

The numbers do not add up ! the costs will eat into, if any left, cash reserves. Not too long before the creditors impound the vessel... Let's remember they are already 10m over their original budget...

Just now, Papadog said:
1 hour ago, TiggerTails said:

Did Bilbao take them off the schedule? 

VV facebook page claims they will be in Bilbao for 2 days.

Itinerary show 1 day...Maybe xtra day to do some repairs.

1 hour ago, Papadog said:

VV facebook page claims they will be in Bilbao for 2 days.

Itinerary show 1 day...Maybe xtra day to do some repairs.

Or for Johan to get off and get some breakfast.

And for the others to have a break from the thin processed square ham slices and the thin processed square cheese slices.  They might yearn for some round slices for a bit of a change. 

😁

Jeff

• Haha 1

I see that their YouTube couples have not being posting as much... What is really going on ? Is there any one who has more inside ?

Why Mike and Kathy left together ? Is there money for fuel, crew etc ? And finally are there more clients other that the 125 ? ..

At the moment it looks like crew outnumbers the passengers.. hmmm 🤔

How long can they go before cash runs out ? Did the managers flee the ship ?

Edited by Giovanni66
edit

The following is from my Marine Traffic app notifications.  I have no other information. 

NOTIFICATION
ODYSSEY has moved away from
GALDAMES (Fire Fighting Vessel)
The two vessels stayed in proximity for 44 minutes.
Time: 2024-10-07 06:12 UTC
Position: N 43° 20.32', W 003° 01.49'
Speed/Course: 0.2 knots / 71°
Area: UKC - Biscay Bay
Source of Position: TERR-AIS

The following information is available to MarineTraffic subscribers only

4 minutes ago, StorylineQuestions said:

The following is from my Marine Traffic app notifications.  I have no other information. 

NOTIFICATION

If you are a subscriber to marinetraffic, do they show the passangers/crew on board ?

Usually ships add that info to their onboard AIS transmitter.

29 minutes ago, Giovanni66 said:

At the moment it looks like crew outnumbers the passengers.. hmmm 🤔

How long can they go before cash runs out ? Did the managers flee the ship ?

It might be that they are simply trying to raise some cash?  Hence both of them. 

There is a powerful argument that they could make to original investors that there is a danger  that if more investment isn’t made available now then their original investment is at risk.   In other words whilst your original investment may be at risk, but by investing more, then they can provide reassurance to new purchasers that the corner has turned and everything is now “OK” and on an “even keel”.

It either works or doesn’t. 

Jeff

28 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

It might be that they are simply trying to raise some cash?  Hence both of them. 

There is a powerful argument that they could make to original investors that there is a danger  that if more investment isn’t made available now then their original investment is at risk.   In other words whilst your original investment may be at risk, but by investing more, then they can provide reassurance to new purchasers that the corner has turned and everything is now “OK” and on an “even keel”.

It either works or doesn’t. 

Jeff

What you describe sounds like a hostage situation. It may work for a while but you would be looking 2 million per month in operating expenses.

I understand that their handful of passengers are on cruise credit and will not pay monthly fees, for a couple of months, to make up the delay/accommodation expenses.  How the expenses will be covered ?

How long will the bank wait before they arrest the ship ? Are they so naive to buy  into this bluff ?

Edited by Giovanni66

12 minutes ago, Giovanni66 said:

What you describe sounds like a hostage situation. It may work for a while but you would be looking 2 million per month in operating expenses.

I understand that their handful of passengers are cruise credit and will not pay monthly fees, for a couple of months, to make up the delay.  How the expenses will be covered ?

How long will the bank wait before they arrest the ship ? Are they so naive to buy  into this bluff ?

I haven’t suggested or implied that what seems inevitable will not happen.  I haven’t suggested that what I have speculated will be successful.  I have simply suggested one option they may be seeking that may explain why both have left instead of staying on board at an important moment.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

41 minutes ago, StorylineQuestions said:

NOTIFICATION

According to VesselFinder, Galdames is a tug and certainly looks like one in the photo, rather than a firefighting vessel. If appeared to be guiding Odyssey into the berth.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leither said:

According to VesselFinder, Galdames is a tug and certainly looks like one in the photo, rather than a firefighting vessel. If appeared to be guiding Odyssey into the berth.

I agree, primary purpose is as a tug.  Many tugs are fitted with firefighting equipment (fire monitors); it's a useful and sensible dual-purpose role for safety purposes.

• Like 1

Just now, d9704011 said:

I agree, primary purpose is as a tug.  Many tugs are fitted with firefighting equipment (fire monitors); it's a useful and sensible dual-purpose role for safety purposes.

most port tugs have Fire fighting capacity.

6 hours ago, Giovanni66 said:

I see that their YouTube couples have not being posting as much... What is really going on ? Is there any one who has more inside ?

Why Mike and Kathy left together ? Is there money for fuel, crew etc ? And finally are there more clients other that the 125 ? ..

You can follow MidLife Cruising on Facebook for updates. They just posted pictures an hour ago.

Edited by Port2PortX
space

29 minutes ago, Port2PortX said:

You can follow MidLife Cruising on Facebook for updates. They just posted pictures an hour ago.

They also posted a live on YT and on TikTok

• Like 1

On 10/2/2024 at 4:16 AM, chengkp75 said:

I fear that even if, by some chance, the company continues its business model, that folks will tire of the "cruise life" experience after 6 months or so, and find their asset has depreciated or few buyers to get them out of the deal.

I was surprised how many people who signed up for LAS were first-time cruisers. How do they know they like cruising for even 3 days let alone 3 years?

On 10/2/2024 at 6:13 AM, UKCruiseJeff said:

If VVR places (unforeseen) obstacles in order to prevent a resale then presumably the existing owner would be on the hook for future monthly payments until a sale has been successful.

That is already how it works. It's on their website. It's no different from a mortgage. You don't stop paying it when your house goes on the market.

VVR also said they would buy your cabin back at a known but depreciated rate. So if you can't find someone to buy it, you can still get out by reselling it to VV. (Now this assumes they have the money and are still in business.)

Personally, I think VVR has an incentive to get people to resell. New owners mean they get to raise the monthly fees. 

On 10/5/2024 at 3:57 AM, UKCruiseJeff said:

Did the LAS customers lose all of their money?  

I have friends who signed up for LAS. They were promised refunds that never came so they did chargebacks for the parts of the fees they had paid via CC. They did get most of it back but not 100%.

On 10/5/2024 at 12:17 PM, UKCruiseJeff said:

At first he was very supportive of Jenny Phenix when he needed her cooperation and sought her trust and posted her two detailed uploads. I found her balanced and reasonable. Then he seemed to turn on her.

In what way?