Can you buy premium Wi-Fi by the hour or day on board?

Married90

I am on a 16 day TA coming up and it looks like I may have to do a little office work and upload a file or two about 1/2 way through the cruise.   Normally basic internet works for checking email but if I have to upload a spreadsheet or two I doubt that would be acceptable.   Can you purchase minutes of premium Wi-Fi or a single day ?  

Which cruise line - Celebrity?  WIFI programs run for a period of a few days - also typically consecutively - or for the duration of the cruise.  I don't believe Celebrity would allow you to upgrade for a limited period of time from a basic to premium service.  If you are going to be using WIFI frequently and you will have the basic service, it may be best to just upgrade to premium for the whole cruise it that will be needed critically at some point. 

You may want to check with Celebrity or TA (if you used one) for clarification on this, but I don't believe you can.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Which cruise line?  Programs vary by cruise line.  But typically, WIFI programs run for a period of a few days - also typically consecutively - or for the duration of the cruise.  I am not familiar with any that would allow you to upgrade for a limited period of time from a basic to premium service.  If you are going to be using WIFI frequently and you will have the basic service, it may be best to just upgrade to premium for the whole cruise it that will be needed critically at some point. 

You may want to check with your cruise line or TA (if you used one) for clarification on this.

Well not to sound to stand offish, given I posted this in the Celebrity cruise line board....   We are sailing on the Constellation from Rome.  I am absolutely not going to be using or needing anything more then basic service with this one exception so I have zero interest in upgrading for 16 days to send up one excel file for my church....    Celebrity gives elite and above members a fixed number of premium minutes so I know they offer it, at least in some capacity.  Unfortunately I am not elite yet....

Your best bet is that you will have free minutes if CC Member - Elite 120 free non-continuous minutes and Elie Plus 240 minutes.

If not they do sell the Premium Internet in a 1 Hour continuous un-discounted $34or 24 hour continuous package un-discounted $67.   They are on the expensive side -    The prices quoted were from about 2 years ago and may have changed but will give you an idea.   You will see the prices (discounted by cc level) in the App when you create your internet account.