What is this area at the front of Deck 10 on Crown Princess?

IUBryan

We booked cabin C101 on Deck 10 of Crown Princess for an upcoming cruise. According to all the pictures I have found there are a few windows around the front edge of the white semicircle forward of our cabin, but I can't figure out what would actually be in this area (circled in red on attached map). Does anyone know or have any ideas?

Thanks!

KP_caribe.png

Edited by IUBryan
added more info

12 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

On deck 10???  I thought they were all down on the lower levels.

Not really. I know for sure that Cruise Director staff cabins are forward on deck 11 on this class of ship. Similar ranking staff are also housed in these areas. Another example are the entertainers and entertainment staff. Their cabins are forward on deck 7 in front of the stage area. I expect that other officer level crew would be forward on deck 10.  

6 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I guess I was not thinking of higher level staff officers.  When I hear "crew" I just naturally go to the "working class" for some reason.  Yes, I'm sure the officers and such *are* on the higher levels.  Mental block!

Senior Moment. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, skynight said:

Not really. I know for sure that Cruise Director staff cabins are forward on deck 11 on this class of ship. Similar ranking staff are also housed in these areas. Another example are the entertainers and entertainment staff. Their cabins are forward on deck 7 in front of the stage area. I expect that other officer level crew would be forward on deck 10.  

In general, the higher the level, the higher the cabin, at least when it comes to ship operation. We can be pretty sure the big Kahuna has his cabin a very short distance from the bridge, similarly the Staff Captain  etc. If not on the same deck as the bridge, then steps away one deck down.  Senior non-bridge personnel, like the hotel director etc may be a bit "lower" to be closer to their major areas of influence.

We have cruised in cabin A201 on multiple Princess ships.  A201 the most forward passenger cabin on Deck 12.  (OK, there are four such cabins—two balconies and two insides.)  On our very first Princess cruise we were also curious about what was actually forward of our cabin.  At the end of the corridor just past our cabin was a closed door beyond which it was clear I should not pass.  During the cruise that door was occasionally left open and I noticed a couple things.  The first thing I noticed was a staircase.  Good to know.  In case of a serious emergency, those stairs might be useful.  The other thing I noticed was that there were more cabins down the corridor past that door.  Obviously, these were for crew.

On one cruise I was walking back to my cabin and a few steps ahead of me was a woman with a toddler in tow.  I have seen toddlers—even infants—on Princess cruises, but it is a bit unusual.  I was very surprised when she walked past my cabin and went through that door at the end of the corridor.  I was even more surprised when she unlocked the very first cabin—the one next to mine—and went in.  Obviously, this woman was the wife of some officer, and this officer had enough status to bring his wife and child on this cruise.

4 hours ago, lx200gps said:

In general, the higher the level, the higher the cabin, at least when it comes to ship operation. We can be pretty sure the big Kahuna has his cabin a very short distance from the bridge, similarly the Staff Captain  etc. If not on the same deck as the bridge, then steps away one deck down.  Senior non-bridge personnel, like the hotel director etc may be a bit "lower" to be closer to their major areas of influence.

I was on the Emerald's bridge, sister to the Crown. Directly aft of the bridge are cabins for the bridge officers. Our security guide asked us to be very quiet walking past the cabins as they were sleeping. 

• 4 weeks later...