What's your 2024 Dress Code and Theme Schedule?

bluemarble

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

That's very interesting that they've posted some of the 2025 dress code schedules already. Your voyage does appear to be a bit sparse on the gala evenings with only two instead of the more typical three for a 14-night voyage. Will want to see if that's going to be the trend toward fewer gala evenings during 2025.

John,

I don’t know if landing 7 days in a row at Ports of Call have anything to do with it. Average departures on each evening are at 6PM except for Barbados at 8PM.

The two Gala's are taking place in the of middle of the two sets of three days at sea heading to the first Port of Call and then heading back to NYC.

Hoping more will be added. The old days, we definitely did have more on the QE2.

Of course, any updates will be forwarded to you for your chart.

We also have 4 of the 7 ports shore excursions posted already. Of course expect more to be added.

7 hours ago, Starburst 21 said:

QV  Sep.16-Sep.30th 2024

Cruise V422

17th. Black and white

21st. Masquerade 

26th. Red and gold 

28th. Roaring Twenties 

Thanks for this. Could I ask you to double-check that Sep 21st date? Since that's a port day in Dubrovnik, I would have expected Cunard to schedule that gala evening for the next day, Sep 22nd, a sea day, as they have done with the other three gala evenings. Now they do occasionally schedule gala evenings on port days. I'd jut like to confirm that they have indeed scheduled a gala evening on your Sept 21st port day rather than Sep 22nd.

5 hours ago, Starburst 21 said:

Hi, I have checked and this is definitely showing as the Dubrovnik day and it is a possible tender day.  Hope this helps.

Docking

POSSIBLE TENDER

Dress code

I've figured out why Cunard is having the gala evening on your port day in Dubrovnik. Your itinerary can also be booked as a 7-night itinerary ending in Trieste on September 23rd. They wouldn't want to have a gala evening on the evening before passengers would be disembarking in Trieste the next morning. Makes perfect sense now.

I've started a new thread titled "Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2024" where I've posted links to my initial versions of the 2024 schedules for QM2, QE and QV. Let's put additional replies about what you are seeing for your voyage's dress code and theme schedule on that thread. You can view what I have documented there to see if your voyage is one for which I still need the schedule. I trust @Host Hattie will want to make that new thread a sticky.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, moondoggie said:

Anyone know what the QM 2 May 5-12 2024 Gala themes are?

TIA!

Yes. bluemarble has posted them all here as usual:

Looks like you have Red & Gold and Masquerade, which seems to be standard Eastbound this year. Note masquerade is Venetian Ball masks, not fancy dress. Of course you don't need to follow either just dress for Gala Evening.

Posted (edited)
On 10/27/2023 at 6:58 AM, bluemarble said:

I would have expected Cunard to schedule that gala evening for the next day, Sep 22nd

All these cruises are also sold as 7-night, 14-night, 21-night, and even 28-night cruises. The next day is the last day for people debarking in Trieste, so no chance of a gala night.

Edited by mahasamatman

4 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

All these cruises are also sold as 7-night, 14-night, 21-night, and even 28-night cruises. The next day is the last day for people debarking in Trieste, so no chance of a gala night.

Thanks correct. I must have misread the schedules originally and didn't pick up on Sep 22nd being the evening before disembarkation for those who book one of the cruises that end in Trieste on Sep 23rd. As you say Cunard would not normally schedule a gala evening on the evening prior to disembarkation if there is an alternative. They don't have an alternative on 2-night cruises such as between Southampton and Hamburg on QM2 or Sydney and Melbourne on QE. But on longer cruises they will schedule gala evenings on port days if necessary.