The Key - Reduced Pricing.. specialty dining too. Check your pricing

Toddcan

Just a heads up... there are a few threads already started with examples of better-than-average price reductions on some onboard activities and packages.   Just this week, I grabbed a $13pp lunch at Giovanni's, and just today I see The Key at $18.99 per person. I grabbed both.  

The Key includes internet. I previously grabbed a 20% sale on internet, and even compared to that pricing, The Key reduced pricing was only $4 pp/pd above the cost of the internet package, so I pulled the trigger. 

Check your onboard activity/package pricings - they seem to be unusually better-than-average this week.  

BTW, this sailing isn't until Aug 2024. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Toddcan said:

Just a heads up... there are a few threads already started with examples of better-than-average price reductions on some onboard activities and packages.   Just this week, I grabbed a $13pp lunch at Giovanni's, and just today I see The Key at $18.99 per person. I grabbed both.  

The Key includes internet. I previously grabbed a 20% sale on internet, and even compared to that pricing, The Key reduced pricing was only $4 pp/pd above the cost of the internet package, so I pulled the trigger. 

Check your onboard activity/package pricings - they seem to be unusually better-than-average this week.  

Wow, what a great deal!  Wished my cruise was offering that!  Congratulations.

4 hours ago, Toddcan said:

Just checked and the Key is even MORE expensive for Dec. 3rd on Anthem. (still same 25% off it usually shows for sales, so the base price has gone up.). I reserved it for $30.99 in August (reluctantly), now they want $35.99. 

I am new to royal. We have family cruise March 2024. If I get the key for all 4 adults but not 10 year old (she doesn't need the internet), will she still get the dedicated seating with us at the shows/priority tender etc? Or will I have to buy one for her also? I bought voom for 4 adults at $17.99. Our cruise had key for $18.99. I didn't know what key was but sound like internet and extras for a dollar more...good deal

😂 I just found my answer when I clicked through to key purchase. It must be purchased by each guest 6 and over assigned in stateroom. I'll just keep the internet package. It's not worth it to me to purchase. 

6 minutes ago, SUESEABE said:

I am new to royal. We have family cruise March 2024. If I get the key for all 4 adults but not 10 year old (she doesn't need the internet), will she still get the dedicated seating with us at the shows/priority tender etc? Or will I have to buy one for her also? I bought voom for 4 adults at $17.99. Our cruise had key for $18.99. I didn't know what key was but sound like internet and extras for a dollar more...good deal

From the KEY description in the planner

• The Key must be purchased prior to sailing by each guest age 6 or older assigned to the same stateroom.

You get a discount for each additional guest when you purchase the internet for one person and then select how many devices you want on the account. If it is 17.99 for one device you should get each additional one at 11.99 or so. So, it is cheaper to have one account with 4 devices than 4 separate accounts. Check that out in the planner.

Still, the KEY may be worth it depending on how much you value what is has to offer.

• Thanks 1

Important to watch the per person or per day price.  I've notice they'll change that, then change the "sale price".  We got the deluxe beverage package at 30% off, my brother in law got it at buy one get one half off, we actually ended up getting a better deal because the price per day was slightly different.  

Wow!  I just picked up the Key for my October 2024 cruise for $1/day over the internet cost 🙂  Great deals on other things, such as specialty dining lunches, as well.  Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by janabelle61
Fixed cruise date

1 hour ago, ROC2RDU said:

Important to watch the per person or per day price.  I've notice they'll change that, then change the "sale price".  We got the deluxe beverage package at 30% off, my brother in law got it at buy one get one half off, we actually ended up getting a better deal because the price per day was slightly different.  

Buy one, get one half off is actually 25% off each.  You got 30% off, which is better than 25% off.  🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1