Have you sailed with Captain Kate?

Honolulu Blue

Have you sailed on a ship with Captain Kate McCue in charge?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Have you sailed on a ship with Captain Kate McCue in charge?

• Yes I have!
    • No, but I have one booked
    • No, but I'd like to someday
    • No, no interest
    • Captain Kate McWHO????

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2023 at 04:18 PM

We sailed on a ship that she captained a few years ago. Honestly, I don’t get the fandom. It’s like when we sailed on Royal Caribbean and everyone was all faint hearted over Captain Johnny. Although I do like Kate’s cat, and it was fun to see Johnny ride off on his Harley.

I respect any captain that gets us where we need to be safely and on time, and adroitly handles any issues that arise. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On the Summit in 2016 repostioning from San Juan to Cape Liberty, she attended our Cruise Critic Meet and Greet with a bunch of senior officers in tow. The ship had recently been in dry dock and we were all wanting to talk about the new outdoor movies or upgraded bars. She would answer our questions, but she would prefer to talk about the enhancements to the propulsion and navigation systems. I walked away with a couple of observations: 1. It was clear she was Master of the Ship and the crew really respected her. 2. She was "the real deal". Her promotion to Captain wasn't a PR stunt (though Celebrity took full advantage of it): she seemed very well qualified for the position.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MandL said:

We’re on the Beyond with Captain Kate now. She is one impressive woman. If she was my daughter, I’d be very proud. And, her cat is super cool!  

Any cat would be cool without any fur. Mrs. Whiskerson.  😁

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 3

On 10/28/2023 at 8:56 AM, lv2cruisgrl said:

We sailed on Beyond but she had left the ship for vacation.  We sail Beyond again Nov 13, have no clue if she will be on at that time. Anyone have any info?

We are on the November 13th sailing also.  She will be on vacation. Captain Leo will be the captain.

She was our captain when she first took over Equinox and then we sailed with her again on Edge.  She is very personable and her crew love her.  I personally don't get all the "fandom" surrounding her either.  She tells the same jokes on repeat.  That breed of cat totally creeps me out!   I just want us to get from point A to point B safely and rarely think about who is doing that.  🙂

Edited by spammie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1