"Live from" the Majestic Princess November 7-27 with pre- and post- cruise adventures

jwattle

On 11/10/2023 at 7:36 AM, Shaver John said:

11 hours ago, XBGuy said:

I know that the Winemaker's dinner has been evolving over the years, but when I saw the $100 pp levy, I was a bit surprised.

OK, inflation is worldwide, let's take a look at the menu.  It looks like you were started with a pink sparkler that was not on the menu.  I was very impressed when I saw the third wine on the menu--Ornellaia.  Excellent.

The meal looks terrific.  Mrs. XBGuy and I would have enjoyed it.

It was great,  and the charge was 100 AUD, so about $60 USD. It was lovely with the winds,  and presented by Junior,  the sommelier. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mystery Island: It seemed debatable if we would anchor,  as conditions were...poop. We did anchor ️  and enjoyed a bouncy ride over where I think I lost weight from the shaking. We had booked the see through kayak and snorkel. After a 1/2 mile march we came to our site.  The wind were slightly less than hurricane force,  so Tom and I decided that it was a lovely day to lay out on the beach. Another passenger confirmed our decision on her return from kayaking,  said it was miserable. We also enjoyed a bit of a frolic in the water (a swim, get your mind out of the gutter,  you cheeky buggers 😀). 

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, jwattle said:

It was great,  and the charge was 100 AUD, so about $60 USD. It was lovely with the winds,  and presented by Junior,  the sommelier. 

No doubt the old $40/$45 WMD has to be gone as that pricing makes no sense at all in terms of the other SD and Experiential Dining options.  Was there any mention if they do the new Caymus dinner on the ship?

With SD at $39 (CG, Catch), it isn't a stretch to be paying about $64 USD for a dinner with 4 wines.  When I last did one like this, I was able to get an extra glass of the final wine (the Mondavi flagship). 

Thanks for posting the menu.

I am a fan of the UBD - if we happen to have a Balcony.  I think it is up to $110 now (from $100).

This WMD at $128/couple seems not out of range considering other pricing.

Edited by Steelers36

Just now, Steelers36 said:

No doubt the old $40/$45 WMD has to be gone as that pricing makes no sense at all in terms of the other SD and Experiential Dining options.  Was there any mention if they do the new Caymus dinner on the ship?

With SD at $39 (CG, Catch), it isn't a stretch to be paying about $64 USD for a dinner with 4 wines.  When I last did one like this, I was able to get an extra glass of the final wine (the Mondavi flagship).

There was no mention of the Caymus, but they were pouring quite freely. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jwattle said:

Look what we found!

20231111_151823.thumb.jpg.4081e670e5e0b32a2bb9fb90c027fcfc.jpg

20231111_143916.thumb.jpg.2782df5838d4079bcb92976188f0a996.jpg

20231111_143908.thumb.jpg.740f3b3592da9802dc20ef0f776e0e36.jpg

Have you tried them yet? Hoping they have the BFC on the Discovery for the Thanksgiving cruise. Looking forward to hearing your report on the ice cream desserts (if you try them). I’m wondering if you can order one and ask them to leave off the lollipop, twizzles and candy canes? I’m not a fan of hard candy so these would go straight to the garbage. 

@jwattle Carry on! I'll have what you're having - at Harmony, at Bingo and even sitting by the window watching those wild waves! It's almost HH time here on the wet coast AND in Canada, it's a bit cool here with wind and rain. Keep the fun coming this way, please. 

Cheers! I'll take a Belle Glos with Luigi or Taesha for today. Maybe a whispering angel for starters. Thank you!

Edited by CruzeQueen2
  • Thanks 2

Observations of the random sort (because that's my thing 😀)

The Concierge, Darko, and his staff are amazing! 👏

It seems that all or at least most of the full suite guests who frequent the Concierge Lounge have the Premier package. 

There is a core group of 20 of us who are in the lounge every Sebring which makes for a great time!

Evening dining in Reserve has seen people dressed smart casual with no shorts or baseball caps,  etc. I have not the into the MDR to see what is worn there,  nor do I wish to start a dress code discussion.  Just letting you know what I've seen. :)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Observations of the random sort (because that's my thing 😀)

The Concierge, Darko, and his staff are amazing! 👏

It seems that all or at least most of the full suite guests who frequent the Concierge Lounge have the Premier package. 

There is a core group of 20 of us who are in the lounge every Sebring which makes for a great time!

Evening dining in Reserve has seen people dressed smart casual with no shorts or baseball caps,  etc. I have not the into the MDR to see what is worn there,  nor do I wish to start a dress code discussion.  Just letting you know what I've seen. 🙂

Oh, I wish I was there! Hi to all the servers there, in the Reserve Dining Room - Noel, Luciana, Cristina, Camille, Eddie, Gabriel...  and the list goes on! 

Edited by CruzeQueen2
word added
  • Like 2