Emerald Princess first time on Princess-Canada/New England-Medallion accessory

motheroftwocats814

Hello-

Sailing on Emerald in July 2024. Canada/NE cruise out of Boston.

I am local so getting to the port is easy.

This will be my first time on Princess. We have the premiere package.

With the premiere package we get a medallion accessory. How do I get that and can you choose the accessory?

What are your favorite things about the ship?

Happy cruising

Edited by motheroftwocats814
Added question

• motheroftwocats814 changed the title to Emerald Princess first time on Princess-Canada/New England-Medallion accessory
6 hours ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

Hello-

Sailing on Emerald in July 2024. Canada/NE cruise out of Boston.

I am local so getting to the port is easy.

This will be my first time on Princess. We have the premiere package.

With the premiere package we get a medallion accessory. How do I get that and can you choose the accessory?

Happy cruising

If you're on the July 14 sailing, looks like we'll on board together ;o) The Emerald is a great ship, one of the slightly older but not too small class. We've only been on her once 6 or 7  years ago, and IIRC she had a refurb in 2019, though we've been on her sister ships like the Ruby and Crown many times

Re the Medallion accessory for Premier, it's only a small plastic medallion clip that can be used to clip the disk to a shirt pocket or inside a shirt, as some crew members will occasionally do.  I don't use it as I found it fit the medallion too loosely, and prefer an older style wallet card. As to getting the accessory, once you start the check-in process, you will reach the point where you have to choose the medallion and specify the shipping details. Once you go through the process, the "system" will know that you are Premier, and will show the medallion, the stock lanyard AND the accessory, along with the $0.00 balance owed (unless you choose some other accessory that doesn't come free). If you don't have the Premier plan, then the accessory won't show as a free add-on.  It looks like this, though the ones we received a few weeks ago were solid blue

received_987936689029661-01.jpeg

I'll be disembarking from the Emerald in Boston, just as you are ready to board her! We were on the Emerald years ago but not recently. From comparing the older ship staterooms to the newer ships we've sailed recently, I think the rooms may be larger on the older. At least it seemed to me that the mini-suites were larger on the older ships.

For our medallions, we used watch bands meant for Apple Airtags. There are lots of options on Amazon if you search it. 

Hope you have a great cruise!

Enjoy the grand class ships much better than Royal Class. In my opinion they have a better design.

360 promenade, Lounges - Explorer's, Club Fusion, Wheelhouse Bar/Salty Dog Gastropub, Crooner's, Skywalker's, and the very quiet Adagio Lounge.

Viewing - Lots of nice viewing locations on the upper open decks as well as the promenade. You can walk all the way to the nose of the ship on deck 8.

Pools - 5 of them, Terrace Pool is a favorite of many.

Bars - Vines wine bar is very popular. Your premier package will cover almost all wines by the glass. Vines is also a casual dining location.

Cabins - nice in size. Showers are a little small, but very workable. Balconies are nice size, most are 9ft x 5ft. Deck 10 balconies are 9ft x 9ft partially covered, Deck 9 balconies are 9ft x 6ft uncovered. No information on interior cabins.

Specialty Dining - Crown Grill, steak & chops, Sabatini's Italian.

DR(s) open for breakfast and dinner each day and lunch on sea days. Buffet open every day from around 5am until 11pm. Never closes. International Cafe open 24/7. Room Service 24/7.

Two casual dining locations are the Salty Dog Gastropub in the Wheelhouse Bar (not to be confused with the pool side, no charge, Salty Dog Grill), and Vines. I'm not certain if any other casual dining locations have been added to the Emerald.

Shows each evening in the Princess theater. With the premier package you will have a section of seating reserved up until around 10/15 minutes before showtime for production shows only. For other guest entertainer shows plan on arriving about 30 minutes early. Two theater shows per evening. There will be live music in the lounges each evening. Times will be shown in the daily Patter. Crooner's is very popular with the piano/singer. Wheelhouse usually has soft dance music. Explorer's or Club Fusion usually has rock/top 40 type of music. There will be other musical events that differ each day. Examples might be something like Princess Orchestra plays Dixieland Jazz in the Piazza. Soft Jazz in Adagio. It all depends on what musical groups are on board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, vino100 said:

Thanks for all this info. We are sailing in July too. Is there a separate area for club class dining? I have sailed the Emerald, but several years ago. 

Deck 6 Da Vinci DR, Starboard side. Club Class has been renamed Reserve Class.