Is the Constellation really a terrible experience?

mustgo

On 10/31/2023 at 10:54 PM, May B said:

I think they may have mastered the challenge if morning fog. They hustle a bit and anrrive around perhaps midnight or 2 am, before the fog rolls in.

Thank you for posting such a detailed post.  Your comments about Tampa and fog was appreciated rated as we have a B2B2B on Connie over Xmas/New Years Eve.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2023 at 8:57 PM, SusieAV8R said:

Thank you for posting such a detailed post.  Your comments about Tampa and fog was appreciated rated as we have a B2B2B on Connie over Xmas/New Years Eve.

I’m on over Xmas! I just hope we have pleasant temps and calm seas. I know we’ll have good to great everything else! By that I mean food, service, entertainment, trivia, decorations, and nod to Xmas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, May B said:

I’m on over Xmas! I just hope we have pleasant temps and calm seas. I know we’ll have good to great everything else! By that I mean food, service, entertainment, trivia, decorations, and nod to Xmas.

Sending you lotsa hugs May B for positiveness! 

• Thanks 1

I am on the ship right now. We are very happy with ocean view buffet. The best variety we have had since before Covid. And we have been sailing at least twice per year. Yes-the ship is ready for new carpets and some furniture but if you look you can find comfortable places to sit.our bed is great.   Bar service has been excellent in most  cases. The entertainment is the best I have had on Celebrity. Sue the Cruise Director planned great entertainment for this 16 Transatlantic.
I do enjoy cruising on new ships but the smaller size of this ship is nice. You get to know more of the crew and fellow guests.

I would definitely sail this ship again. Maybe not a good fit for those that want shiny and new. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, parkey said:

I am on the ship right now. We are very happy with ocean view buffet. The best variety we have had since before Covid. And we have been sailing at least twice per year. Yes-the ship is ready for new carpets and some furniture but if you look you can find comfortable places to sit.our bed is great.   Bar service has been excellent in most  cases. The entertainment is the best I have had on Celebrity. Sue the Cruise Director planned great entertainment for this 16 Transatlantic.
I do enjoy cruising on new ships but the smaller size of this ship is nice. You get to know more of the crew and fellow guests.

I would definitely sail this ship again. Maybe not a good fit for those that want shiny and new. 

Sue is a superstar among CDs. I had read about her but never cruised with her until March. I’m sure she’ll be home with family over the holidays so we’ll miss seeing her on our next Connie.

Mornings in Tampa are sometimes foggy, and on a few occasions, arrivals have been delayed. This a.m. looks like it might’ve been one of those times! Cruise ships sometimes are able to compensate by arriving earlier than originally planned. Today when I look at CruiseMapper, nobody’s in the vicinity, so I can’t test my theory.

Keep enjoying!

Edited by May B
  • Like 1

May B. I agree that this am would have been a fog issue but no ships in Tampa port today.  I believe the Constellation will plan to arrive very late 11/21 or very early am of 11/22.  That may be why the port schedule is listing her at terminal 6 on 11/21, then terminal 3 on 11/22.

parkey—I’m very happy to hear your trip is good to great.  I’m really looking forward to getting onboard next Wednesday for a short trip to the Bahamas.  Thanks for your information.

• Like 1

Has anyone checked the “new” menus for our cruise?  They removed the broiled/ poached lobster.  This sucks.  Added more duck, veal, lamb.  NOPE, never.  The selection of menus items is important to me.  I should not be required to have paid for Tuscan Grill every night of this cruise,  I can hope these menus change again before or when we get on.

On 11/17/2023 at 4:20 AM, parkey said:

Do they have the pizza and pasta at the rear of OV? If so, have you tried it and how was it in your opinion?

4 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Do they have the pizza and pasta at the rear of OV? If so, have you tried it and how was it in your opinion?

The pizza was good.  There are many options and there is also a (very) small antipasto bar there, too.  The pasta station is on the opposite side and is also good with a special offered everyday.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, peanut head said:

The pizza was good.  There are many options and there is also a (very) small antipasto bar there, too.  The pasta station is on the opposite side and is also good with a special offered everyday.

Thanks, good to hear! We are on in a few weeks and looking forward to it as it will be our first time on this ship. 

18 minutes ago, peanut head said:

We've only done E class (Edge) for a TA, how was the crossing on a smaller ship like Constellation?

4 hours ago, JDPCruisers said:

We've only done E class (Edge) for a TA, how was the crossing on a smaller ship like Constellation?

The crossing was a bit rougher this year but it was good 

Food was ok , nothing major to complain about , 

staff was very hard working 

I like m class ship over the E class ships 

• Like 4

Ship is in much better shape than Royal's Radiance class ships around the same age. Constellation does not pack entertainment into the Centrum with few seats like Royal does. Shower area on Constellation is more generous also. Not a small semicircle where you have to raise your arms to fit comfortably. Less passenger capacity on M-class than Royal's Radiance class. No complaints about Connie here.

• Like 4

Pizza is not edible for some of us.  It depends on where  one is from and if Pizza Hut or Giorgio's is the standard one uses. 

The pasta station has such a heavy smell of garlic that for those of us brought up on Italian, not Italian-American, pasta and sauces, it is a no go.

We're booked next oct/nov on a b2b2b from Ravenna to Tampa. Love this size ship. All ships have "cut back" in the MDR (except Oceania and the like$$$$)

I'm looking forward to a wonderful 34 days onboard!

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 8:58 AM, Homosassa said:

Pizza is not edible for some of us.  It depends on where  one is from and if Pizza Hut or Giorgio's is the standard one uses. 

The pasta station has such a heavy smell of garlic that for those of us brought up on Italian, not Italian-American, pasta and sauces, it is a no go.

the pizza and the pasta sauces were not good at all. the alfredo sauce even after  adding parmesan cheese to it was flavorless...The tomato sauces were worse...Now i know why i make all my italian food at home from scratch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/23/2023 at 2:50 PM, ArgoNereus said:

Looking forward to Tuesday.  Connie fits our idea of a ship just as my favorite jeans, a little worn but oh so comfortable.

On 11/23/2023 at 2:50 PM, ArgoNereus said:

Looking forward to Tuesday.  Connie fits our idea of a ship just as my favorite jeans, a little worn but oh so comfortable.

Absolutely love your comparison, ArgoNereus!😄

• Like 1

We did a 10 day on this ship over last Christmas/New Year. Had a great time. The New Years Eve party on the pool deck was a lot of fun for all. First time I've seen midnight in awhile.
MDR food was good, buffet good. Rooms a bit dated, but public spaces on point.

Service was great.

We did have fog on the disembark/arrival day in Tampa. Had to stay anchored outside of the bay, until Noon or so. Wasn't a big deal for us, as we live on the Space Coast and drove over to Tampa. But a lot of others were fretting plane reservations.

• Like 1