Luggage Tags

dx052

My girlfriend wanted to know if we get luggage tags or can you download them? Not sure that's a thing with Virgin!! any tips regarding the question. We haven't been on any kind of cruise for a few years now so a bit rusty thanks again. 

21 hours ago, WanderingBrit said:

Sadly there's nothing comparable to the nice red leather tags that Viking sends passengers -perhaps as Virgin prices inch ever closer to Viking territory that will change? 😃

I have 60 super cool luggage tags from my 15 Seabourn cruises in a big drawer at home.  

I used one on my first VV cruise.  With that said the porters in Miami proceeded to attach VV's paper tag to my bag for every cruise I've taken.  They never even looked at my nice Seabourn tag.  They didn't even give a hoot. ;0

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/31/2023 at 5:32 AM, raphael360 said:

I have 60 super cool luggage tags from my 15 Seabourn cruises in a big drawer at home.  

I used one on my first VV cruise.  With that said the porters in Miami proceeded to attach VV's paper tag to my bag for every cruise I've taken.  They never even looked at my nice Seabourn tag.  They didn't even give a hoot. ;0

I dyi my luggage tags for Virgin, just like having a backup tag on the bags. Easy enough to make them in excel.

We usually keep our airline tags on the bags, and of course have the VV attached tags.  I also have a hard plastic tag on each....can't have too many, right?  My logic is that if one tag is destroyed they will still be able to identify  the bag using my name.

On my first Scarlet Lady cruise a few years ago, I arrived at Port of Miami and watched the porter fill out a paper tag and stick it to my roller case. On it went into the porters giant rolling cage for bags.

It never arrived at my cabin! Somehow the paper tag got completely sheared off and I guess I was lucky it even made it onto the ship. After I notified everyone (and their brother) and gave a good description of it, the bag arrived at my cabin 5 hours after I embarked. 

On my second cruise on Scarlet, I repeated the process with the same bag, but this time I added a leather handle tag with my name and cell number on it as well as an Apple Airtag sewn into the inner lining. No problems this time. Live and learn I guess. 🙂

• Like 2

Air tags are great!  Ask anyone who has told the airline where the missing bag is!

Never had a luggage problem on the ship, but obviously it can happen.  Our luggage has generally arrived at our door within 15 minutes of our arrival.  On our current trip, it was "slow," taking a bit over an hour.  If your luggage doesn't show up promptly, let your room host and Sailor Services know well before "sail away."  I'm only aware of one instance where a piece didn't make it onto the ship, but.....

20 hours ago, Fogcityca13 said:

I dyi my luggage tags for Virgin, just like having a backup tag on the bags. Easy enough to make them in excel.

Ditto 

Having done almost 50 cruises, I've learned almost anything can happen 🙂

I do the same thing on other cruise lines too.  If they lose this bag, they are trying very hard to do so...

IMG_3839.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

Apple Airtag sewn into the inner lining

I Airtag my checked bag, carry-on bag, and toiletry bag.  

I did several "Find my" tests during my last cruise as an experiment and discovered the locations were only accurate in the port of Miami and Key West.  Give it a try on your next cruise.

On VV currently, and all I need to do is to leave my cabin to get the "bag is not near you, last seen at" message.  I'll need to pay attention to accuracy.  I do know that my phone gives me a GPS not available signal when I am inside on the ship, so that may be the problem with the bags.  On the other hand, I know it was accurate in a lost bag situation when the airline claimed to not know where one was and they were told "Well, this morning it moved to terminal B at the airport, so maybe that would be a place to start the search "  This was a bag that didn't make it onto the plane during a layover.