internet - how do I book multiple devices ( I need them active at the same time)?

ghstudio

I would like to purchase internet for the entire voyage for 2 devices at the same time.  I know I can switch devices with one plan, but I need to have two active at the same time.  How do I purchase this.....the web site doesn't give me this option...only one package for me and the other for my travelling companion. 

Do they charge the full price for each of my devices or is there a discount on the 2nd device?

11 hours ago, ghstudio said:

I would like to purchase internet for the entire voyage for 2 devices at the same time.  I know I can switch devices with one plan, but I need to have two active at the same time.  How do I purchase this.....the web site doesn't give me this option...only one package for me and the other for my travelling companion. 

Do they charge the full price for each of my devices or is there a discount on the 2nd device?

Can you piggy back the internet from one to the other via hotspot?

When you login to the ship's wifi on the 2nd device with the same username, it will prompt you to disconnect the 1st device.  Occasionally, it seems to not notice, but I wouldn't count on that.

I believe they also have controls that prohibit your ability to tether your 2nd device to a device already connected to the ship's wifi, thereby requiring you to have 2 usernames/packages.  Whether those controls work consistently or not, who knows.

As my mother used to say, "For money, you can buy anything." I would speak to guest relations to set up two lines, and expect to pay full price for both lines to reduce anxiety/anger levels when they do. If they offer a discount, smile and say thank you. Do you have status with Azamara? If you do, there are significant discounts on internet packages. Keep in mind that connectivity isn't the fastest running two machines just might double your frustration. You might also want to pack a strip extension cord without a surge protector. Good luck, I'm sure they will be happy to help you.

On 10/30/2023 at 6:52 PM, ghstudio said:

Azamara announced a new "Work & Wander" onboard service today. At this time, it is limited to certain cruises where they can support it. You may want to look into that to see if it will be on your cruise and will meet your needs. Apparently, Azamara wants to support people who have needs such as yours. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SeaDayLvr said:

What is the current internet price?   It used to be $19.95 a day but now I am reading it might be $29.99?

Website details seem to have not been updated, not sure when they changed but these were the prices two weeks ago. A one day pass used to be $29.95 but is now $36.54.

IMG_9877.jpeg

Edited by combine
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SeaDayLvr said:

They have increased prices, ouch.  Thank you!

As has almost everywhere sadly . 
I can’t remember anything less than $19.95 for full voyage daily rate for many years. Others with better memories could chime in?

• Like 1