Disappointing Bangkok Hotel

jjs217

I am so disappointed that the pre and post cruise tours hotel in Bangkok are for the Sheraton Royal Orchid.  I have stayed there once before and it was nice enough.  However, a luxury hotel in Bangkok is the Mandarin Oriental, Krunthep Wing of the Shangri-La, or the newish Four Seasons.  Even the good old Peninsula is more luxurious than the Sheraton.  I don't understand why Regent doesn't even give us the chance to upgrade to a better hotel.

1 hour ago, jjs217 said:

I am so disappointed that the pre and post cruise tours hotel in Bangkok are for the Sheraton Royal Orchid.  I have stayed there once before and it was nice enough.  However, a luxury hotel in Bangkok is the Mandarin Oriental, Krunthep Wing of the Shangri-La, or the newish Four Seasons.  Even the good old Peninsula is more luxurious than the Sheraton.  I don't understand why Regent doesn't even give us the chance to upgrade to a better hotel.

Why do you let regent book your hotel?  Take the credit and book hotel of your choice. Of course, in the old days when Carlson owned raddison/regent they put us in nice hotels including the regent in Beijing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

If you are not happy with the offering you could take a credit for the pre/post cruise package and then organise your own hotel, transfers and tours

I would do that, but somebody else said on this board that you didn't get a credit when it is a "free included" package.  It's not a deal breaker - I love Regent - I just don't believe that particular hotel is luxury.  It is more of a deluxe tourist hotel.

1 hour ago, jjs217 said:

I would do that, but somebody else said on this board that you didn't get a credit when it is a "free included" package.  It's not a deal breaker - I love Regent - I just don't believe that particular hotel is luxury.  It is more of a deluxe tourist hotel.

Over the years, we have found the experience on the ship is luxury most all the time. The port experience, sometimes the tours and the hotels and now the air are hit or miss. Seems like anything Regent staff does not have total control over can have real misses. But that seems to be the way of the world with subcontractors. Regent is at the mercy of what is available when they go “off ship”.

3 hours ago, jjs217 said:

If you don’t take the free included pre or post you get $750 per person credit. 

8 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

If you don’t take the free included pre or post you get $750 per person credit. 

On this forum there's conflicting info on this.  My TA says no credit for an included 3-day pre-cruise.  I may call Regent tomorrow to get an "official" answer to this, but I'm afraid Regent won't answer b/c the trip is booked through a travel agent.

On 10/31/2023 at 7:53 PM, mwike said:

On this forum there's conflicting info on this.  My TA says no credit for an included 3-day pre-cruise.  I may call Regent tomorrow to get an "official" answer to this, but I'm afraid Regent won't answer b/c the trip is booked through a travel agent.

Did you get an official answer?

4 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Did you get an official answer?

I did a chat on-line with Regent and didn't reference my existing booking so this may not completely resolve the inconsistencies discussed on the forum.

But on a new booking, the chat agent stated a $750/pp credit if one declines the land extension.

6 hours ago, mwike said:

I did a chat on-line with Regent and didn't reference my existing booking so this may not completely resolve the inconsistencies discussed on the forum.

But on a new booking, the chat agent stated a $750/pp credit if one declines the land extension.

It depends on when you delete the credit. The free land is capacity controlled.  So if they are still offering the land excursions -- yes you still can get a credit.   If they closed it out with no more space then no credit.