Crossing the Globe (Kind of) - A Pr1ma (Hopefully) Live'ish Adventure, 11/20 - 12/1

cruiseny4life

My guess is that the Cobb salads are pre-made and to give you bacon on your hamburger they'd have to basically take it off the Cobb salad.

My thought would be to ask the Matre D at breakfast if they can save some breakfast bacon for you to have at lunch on your hamburger, or order the Cobb salad and move the bacon!

I know you'll have a great cruise even without the bacon!

Really enjoying your reports and pictures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welp....I've warned the big group on Zuck's page that I may have to break out the Haven robe to wear around the ship. I didn't tell them the robe was doesn't fit around my very rotund belly. Should I warn them?

So many anti-robe, anti-pajama people on that page. 

• Haha 10

22 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

What about those Haven slippers, do they fit you ?? My recollection is that they aren't better than the regular ones in steerage, on request only these days. 

DW love them & got extra unused one on this cruise, will keep them for use on another ship or vacation. 

• Like 1

Just now, mking8288 said:

What about those Haven slippers, do they fit you ?? My recollection is that they aren't better than the regular ones in steerage, on request only these days. 

DW love them & got extra unused one on this cruise, will keep them for use on another ship or vacation. 

They do not! Never have so haven't even bothered. If you'd like a couple pair for someone who's feet they actually fit, they can be yours for the small price of no bare feet on chairs.

😇

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

In order to order something off the Haven Courtyard menu, you must be on the sundeck. I suppose a hot dog or chicken wrap must NOT grace the elegant grace of the Haven Restaurant. 

And the elusive lunch time bacon! Served with the Cobb Salad. Not with a burger. You shall not have bacon. Maybe they dont want to mix ground up cow and strips of pig?

Bacon forward Cobb:

20231128_122828.thumb.jpg.623ce2cb401e8653fa6ba065a92e3a58.jpg

Ahhh NCL....do I still love your product? We shall see.

While I realize these two things are not the end of the world, they should not be happening in the Haven.      If they do not have bacon available for lunch, then someone should go get a nice supply from the MDR kitchen to handle all requested bacon cheeseburgers as most likely you are not the only one requesting bacon on their burger.

Little things added together create a decent size thing........

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Welp....I've warned the big group on Zuck's page that I may have to break out the Haven robe to wear around the ship. I didn't tell them the robe was doesn't fit around my very rotund belly. Should I warn them?

I definitely launch more bombs on Zuck's page just for kicks. Am much more well-behaved here.

Edited by Sugar Magnolia
  • Haha 3

20231128_183837.thumb.jpg.e14e374ebe6406146f2aa852096037b2.jpg

20231128_184051.thumb.jpg.2ebf2709093bd6b74417db65ef557801.jpg

And the best moment of my cruising life created due to rude people. Apparently someone was treated poorly by other guests for wearing their robe in public. So, others banded together to show mutual support!

These cruisers will forever be in my debt for creating a top ten moment in my cruising memories! Kudos to Stefan, our concierge and the photographer for capturing such a lovely view in an inclusive environment. 

To those of you that are rude because some may not wear what you consider appropriate shoes or sleep in public, eat seven entrees and four desserts, or throw a pair of flippie floppies on and march into that specialty restaurant...be kind, treat others with respect, and please don't place your value system on theirs. It's not becoming or "cool."

I'll be forever in the wear what you want, do what you want (safely), and enjoy yourself - in every moment, in every interaction, and wherever you are. 

Robes4eva!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

Just before those in Haven robes marched into the Atrium at 6:45 PM, I was enjoying music. I looked around to see if there was seating. There certainly was! I even plopped down in a seat and my husband did too. Lots of seating, lots of glamorous people enjoying their evening, and plenty of folks running amuk (like me) in their Bahamas shirt and shorts that double as a bathing suit. It was really a pleasant evening. Not too crowded, but enough passerby'ers to make it bustling.

20231128_182825.thumb.jpg.a7b32bc5d966c2c7a859bc4af6704660.jpg

20231128_183017.thumb.jpg.68959448a9fe69bfce3907da7ceb8e90.jpg

Also, busting a myth. You can sit and enjoy the music in the Atrium while seeing the act. I'm not sure why this started months ago, but it's really a well designed space! A little shopping mall for me, but it's a pleasant area!

The act we listened to was Duo Rika. Very good!

20231128_182641.thumb.jpg.b84bf400fb5622f0e8d34f4fee3074d6.jpg

What a way to spend our Tuesday evening! Heading to the spa now for some soothing water and sweats!

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

20231128_182825.thumb.jpg.a7b32bc5d966c2c7a859bc4af6704660.jpg

20231128_183017.thumb.jpg.68959448a9fe69bfce3907da7ceb8e90.jpg

Also, busting a myth. You can sit and enjoy the music in the Atrium while seeing the act. I'm not sure why this started months ago, but it's really a well designed space! A little shopping mall for me, but it's a pleasant area!

The act we listened to was Duo Rika. Very good!

I liked Duo Rika and Familiar Strangers on the Prima. Glad to hear they are still on board.

That space is a better location for the band to enable those sitting above to actually hear and see the performers. The bands on the Viva were still performing from the space near the Penrose Bar so they were hidden from Decks 7 and 8 and also from much of Deck 6 because of that shelf bisecting an already small atrium area.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I liked Duo Rika and Familiar Strangers on the Prima. Glad to hear they are still on board.

That space is a better location for the band to enable those sitting above to actually hear and see the performers. The bands on the Viva were still performing from the space near the Penrose Bar so they were hidden from Decks 7 and 8 and also from much of Deck 6 because of that shelf bisecting an already small atrium area.

What type of music does Familiar Strangers play?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

They are a band from Jamaica and covered Reggae, Ska, Motown, Oldies, etc. The lead singer had the energy and radiance of a supernova and brought down the house every night they performed.

Thank you.  We will make time to see them in just a few short weeks when we get on the Prima.  Listening to the various musical acts throughout the ship is one of the things we really enjoy while cruising.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

Thank you.  We will make time to see them in just a few short weeks when we get on the Prima.  Listening to the various musical acts throughout the ship is one of the things we really enjoy while cruising.

We also enjoyed listening to Familiar Strangers but on a different NCL ship.The one song they either played often or it was a coincidence that we heard it a few times was the song originally performed by Bill Withers called Lovely Day.  When I see the name of Familiar Strangers, I think of that song. 

Duo Rika is also a good and fun option. The male singer likes to dress like Elvis for an Elvis set. You have some good choices if both groups stay on the ship. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Seas2mountains said:

We also enjoyed listening to Familiar Strangers but on a different NCL ship.The one song they either played often or it was a coincidence that we heard it a few times was the song originally performed by Bill Withers called Lovely Day.  When I see the name of Familiar Strangers, I think of that song. 

Duo Rika is also a good and fun option. The male singer likes to dress like Elvis for an Elvis set. You have some good choices if both groups stay on the ship. 

Both are right up our alley.  Wife and I both like all types of music from the 50's to the 70's.  Anything more recent than that not as much.  We have been on several other NCL ships but do not think we have listened to  either FS or DR.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Oh! That makes sense. I have seen performers in another part of the Atrium, but I suppose the beverage package was working, so i dont remember where that where was.

This space they use is really great! You can see and hear, plus traffic isn't impeded. It's me approved!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, vacation44 said:

While I realize these two things are not the end of the world, they should not be happening in the Haven.      If they do not have bacon available for lunch, then someone should go get a nice supply from the MDR kitchen to handle all requested bacon cheeseburgers as most likely you are not the only one requesting bacon on their burger.

Little things added together create a decent size thing........

I agree! At this point, I'm a believer in the Haven concept. There are just small oddities that happen and they do add up. Granted I'm in the cheap seats (HE) and purchased the cruise at almost the lowest rate, but the same things happen to those that spent 10s of thousands in the premier (or is it premium) owner suites. 

Yesterday, a lady ordered a burger with cheese only to find no cheese. I do believe the kitchen is somewhat sloppy with their care of food on this cruise. It just hasn't been up to par with a lot of mistakes happening that shouldn't. Alas, I'm thinking about getting one or two Cruise Next before we get off the ship. Not sure the husband agrees, so we will discuss today while in Bermuda. 

BTW, when are you and the family cruising next?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Thank you @cruiseny4life for the time and effort and giving us an early glimpse of what to expect both good and bad when we board the Prima in a few weeks.  

You are so welcome! I truly enjoy (I'm weird) sharing my adventures. Sometimes I'm not sure others agree, especially when my opinions come out. 

The music onboard is easy to find and plentiful in the evening! I do wish the sets were longer. Theyre 45 minutes each, but I do understand why musicians would need a break. I think you'll like Shane. He plays mostly acoustic and the older songs you're looking for. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Where’s Louie.

When delivered to the room, there is no Louie accompaniment. Not sure how we ate them! We had another Hasuki night!

Husband tried the chicken yaki udon. It was excellent as he allowed me some! Thank you so much for suggesting it. 

We had the same chef as last night. Chef (G)abriel can be found making omelettes on the buffet in the morning or cooking perfect teppanyaki at Hasuki in the evening. 

Another I love you from our chef who recognized us and seemed please we returned to his table.

20231128_173624.thumb.jpg.30cdaf000dc5a7560c7e31d7f48c578f.jpg

Mackey Mouse for the young cruiser we were sat with.

20231128_173803.thumb.jpg.cea9fa7657a9f8764353fe8b233e15d9.jpg

And the yummy Chicken Yaki Udon

20231128_175047.thumb.jpg.aa45e2ab89c11876fe61b9feb99633a3.jpg

Finally, dessert. The ginger is surprisingly good when paired with fruit.

20231128_181714.thumb.jpg.6c79a896f2b36a02042dccc3b2e51602.jpg

I'm truly in awe of these crew members. 12ish hour days, 7 days a week. I would so not want to do that! And they keep a smile on their face the entire time.

Last night, the server explained how Hasuki worked. Didn't every last person (except us) ask him a question that he already covered? Yup! It was an anomaly we didn't have questions. I'm always screwing something up.

For dealing with us, we have to give them grace. So much grace. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, justhappy said:

Just gorgeous ❤️

I haven’t been to Yellowstone NP in many years but I share your love for the area. My favorite thermal feature I hear is no longer active.
I used to sit and watch it for hours. RIP 

Echinus Geyser🙁

Yesssss! Its so acidic! I remember my guide friends talking all about that one as it became dormant. Maybe the future will bring it back. Ahhh. Norris Geyset Basin. I have find memories of doing a "carcass survey" in the back Basin of Norris. Every spring, researchers (and amateurs like me) go out into the off limits area to see how many animals succumbed to the hot water/gasses during the winter. We found none which indicated an easier winter as the bison and ell were able to migrate outside the park. That correlated with what really happened that winter. Ahhh, thanks for bringing back such amazing memories! 

And a few photos from my adventure in Norris that day, March 2016. 

First, a younger, more appropriately sized cruiseny - before all these Haven meals! 

20160325_112601.thumb.jpg.d3520cf8fce0286116c80c0eacffa2ee.jpg

The expedition crew, led by Kerry Gunther, YNP's lead bear biologist.

20160325_112555.thumb.jpg.46e956b0f307d7eec70a74c64bca56cc.jpg

Slightly warm to the touch hot spring - not a Geyser, and no I didn't test the waters. 

20160325_115342.thumb.jpg.332ae168f2b37719c408a655c75ddeee.jpg

Just amazing what colors that thermophiles can make in water that is almost boiling!

20160325_112653.thumb.jpg.28f8128da12f8738f4749ee545245429.jpg

Sorry about the wonderland years detour, folks! Back to the fat Haven self of 2023!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I am posting from our balcony. A strong breeze makes the goosebumps on my knees really stand out. Overhead the moon lights up the ocean. Waves crashing alongside the ship. We not so quietly move through the waters near Bermuda. Bermuda, St. George's Island is visible, if Google Maps is to be believed. 

20231129_061647.thumb.jpg.8b605e0623450d5d8807a3bf4501426b.jpg

I suppose we're circling until the right time to approach or perhaps the captain is hoping the winds die down. Either way, the view is great!

• Like 5