Crossing the Globe (Kind of) - A Pr1ma (Hopefully) Live'ish Adventure, 11/20 - 12/1

cruiseny4life

23 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I am not a lover of escape rooms. I think the whole concept is silly and don't want to be frustrated by all the different puzzles. 

Knowing this, could you please tell me why I truly enjoyed Pr1ma's 1917 escape room? It was so much fun! With space up to six, it was just my husband and I. We completed the puzzles in 30 minutes. The attendant told us we did a great job. Was he trained to say that? We did solve it, at least! 

Since we had such a joyful experience, we're doing the second escape room today. I'm hoping for a similar wonderful experience. I'm glad NCL installed these and I do think the $15 per person fee is fair. 

Here's a few photos from the first one - nothing is given away by the photos. I bet anyone would have an equally great time! 

20231126_100337.thumb.jpg.3bd9e486beaa048f67225adb72d61b65.jpg

20231126_102319.thumb.jpg.c384d516e99c30e2eb26b5a6664bc1ec.jpg

20231126_102323.thumb.jpg.70cb0edfb9135bc9e11b9cbec7e614ed.jpg

Now, you make me want to try this. 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

8 minutes Haven Lounge to curb. We are picking up our car at Enterprise so we can wander our way home through the Catskills.

Thank you for the great posts.  And, thanks for whetting the appetites of those of us who are setting sail on the Prima.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Already missing the two simultaneous Prima trip reports.  When you have time I hope you come back with a final synopsis of your likes and dislikes of Prima and the food, entertainment, and other happenings and activities therein.

Edited by seemoreroyals
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Y'all, I haven't forgotten to come back here with wrap up thoughts (aka lots of opinions) and a determination on if we will ever sail NCL again. Don't you love cliffhangers?

Life is in the way, so I'm back to my laying low on evenings and weekends here. I don't know what the work week will bring as I won't sign into email or Teams until Monday st 8 AM. I'm on vacation until then! Vacation includes a much needed haircut, shopping, and cleaning up after my mom who watched the place (and menagerie) while we were gone. She's not so into keeping things as clean as we do. Oh where is my room steward?

Anyway, I leave you with normal life - we had too cook our own breakfast today! I was so not into it, missing the menu, server, and cooks. BUT! All was better when my husband pronounced it the best meal he has had in two weeks, even though the sawmill gravy was a wee bit heavy on flour. Under the thick puddle of gravy are homemade biscuits.

20231202_093908.thumb.jpg.085cdc8a618eee8ffdb677c817eb4267.jpg

See you folks soon for the wrap up!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Y'all, I haven't forgotten to come back here with wrap up thoughts (aka lots of opinions) and a determination on if we will ever sail NCL again. Don't you love cliffhangers?

Life is in the way, so I'm back to my laying low on evenings and weekends here. I don't know what the work week will bring as I won't sign into email or Teams until Monday st 8 AM. I'm on vacation until then! Vacation includes a much needed haircut, shopping, and cleaning up after my mom who watched the place (and menagerie) while we were gone. She's not so into keeping things as clean as we do. Oh where is my room steward?

Anyway, I leave you with normal life - we had too cook our own breakfast today! I was so not into it, missing the menu, server, and cooks. BUT! All was better when my husband pronounced it the best meal he has had in two weeks, even though the sawmill gravy was a wee bit heavy on flour. Under the thick puddle of gravy are homemade biscuits.

See you folks soon for the wrap up!

So much foreshadowing there

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Y'all, I haven't forgotten to come back here with wrap up thoughts (aka lots of opinions) and a determination on if we will ever sail NCL again. Don't you love cliffhangers

With the end of your TA and the dueling live reports from you and @mking8288 (as well as his unfortunate discontinuation of his journey), how do you guys expect us to entertain ourselves going forward? I may actually have to talk to Mrs. Schmoopie more, instead of vicariously following you on your adventures. It'll be tough...but I suddenly have a hankering for some hash browns. If only I knew how to cook.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 2
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

With the end of your TA and the dueling live reports from you and @mking8288 (as well as his unfortunate discontinuation of his journey), how do you guys expect us to entertain ourselves going forward? I may actually have to talk to Mrs. Schmoopie more, instead of vicariously following you on your adventures. It'll be tough...but I suddenly have a hankering for some hash browns. If only I knew how to cook.

Find a Jewish friend of yours and wangle a visit to their home for some sizzling latkes starting next Thursday night. The latkes are great with apple sauce, sour cream, or a little sugar

• Like 3

On 11/25/2023 at 9:46 AM, cruiseny4life said:

The Commodore Room is no longer a dining room, but an exclusive art gallery. 

Was on the Prima in November and only remember the art being setup in there for the Art Auction. Was it like this the whole cruise?

On 11/22/2023 at 8:38 AM, cruiseny4life said:

Well, I may have walked out of Donna Summer half an hour into the show. Boring and uninspiring I would call it. To each their own as I saw plenty of folks really enjoying the show!

I'm 100% with you. Donna Summers show was so bad I gave it 30 minutes and left. Meanwhile I was also hesitant about Million Dollar Quartet and thought it was outstanding. Personally it seemed like the actors/actresses in Donna Summers were just mailing in it, while Millian Dollar Quartet felt like it was the most important show they ever played. 

On 12/2/2023 at 10:15 AM, Sugar Magnolia said:

So much foreshadowing there

I may have written it more dramatically than it is. You'll have to wait to see. I've waded through my email inbox at work. In my last position, I would have had more than 2,000 emails and lord knows how many voicemails. This time? 314 emails and six voicemails. Most of those were spam, so the inbox is done. It's back to Cruise Critic! I'm hopeful to wrap this cruise no-longer live up in the next day or two. 

• Like 7

On 12/2/2023 at 10:28 AM, schmoopie17 said:

Uh oh! I hope more lives pop up to keep Mrs. Schmoopie from whacking you on the side of the head. 

On 12/2/2023 at 11:04 AM, UKstages said:

um, i hate to be a curmudgeon, but where are the hash browns?

cutbacks at your humble abode?

Hahahaha - my husband tells me so, but please explain the fact we went to BJ's, Costco, our local grocer, and Home Depot this weekend! The receipts weren't quite CVS receipt long, but they weren't short!

On 12/2/2023 at 2:24 PM, GALSews said:

Find a Jewish friend of yours and wangle a visit to their home for some sizzling latkes starting next Thursday night. The latkes are great with apple sauce, sour cream, or a little sugar

Oooooo, this sounds great! And, I don't need to cook them. I bet they'd be better than any old NCL hashbrown. I did find a ten pound bag of tater tots at the grocery store. I picked them up, looked at them feverishly, then was told to put them back by my husband. My pleas of panic were ignored...alas, no ten pound pag of tater tots at my house!

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, 66Olds442 said:

Was on the Prima in November and only remember the art being setup in there for the Art Auction. Was it like this the whole cruise?

It was just a one day thing...well, at least that's the only time I noticed it. I don't think Commodore was open for lunch during the cruise and this would have been during that lunch time. I never really noticed crowds at Hudson's or Indulge during lunch, so it probably wasn't necessary to have this second main dining room open. It was open for dinner and slammed every night we walked by (aka, not every night, but several)! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I did find a ten pound bag of tater tots at the grocery store. I picked them up, looked at them feverishly, then was told to put them back by my husband. My pleas of panic were ignored...alas, no ten pound pag of tater tots at my house!

We have that ten pound bag in our freezer!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, 66Olds442 said:

I'm 100% with you. Donna Summers show was so bad I gave it 30 minutes and left. Meanwhile I was also hesitant about Million Dollar Quartet and thought it was outstanding. Personally it seemed like the actors/actresses in Donna Summers were just mailing in it, while Millian Dollar Quartet felt like it was the most important show they ever played. 

I'm with you! The dancers seemed to have more pep in their step during Donna Summer. The Million Dollar Quartet players, now they boogied! I didn't realize it, but I am actually a fan of most of the music in Million Dollar - despite my insistence on NCL needing to play more modern music. Donna, well all I remember is the ooooooooOOOOOooooooo from 00:06 - 00:14 on this video. There didn't seem to be much more played throughout the entire 30 minutes I sat there. 

• Like 2

My next few posts will be totally out of order, probably have no semblance of prioritization, and are just a coagulation of my thoughts turned into words. So, I apologize in advance for being a space cadet! 

We went to the second escape room on our last sea day. The year was 1923, I think and we were in the storage room of an adventurer that collected (in the modern day, we'd say "stole") ancient artifacts of the Mayan people. Our object was to solve all the puzzles, in no particular order. There were four of us, well five, but I don't count toddlers as being able to assist in escape room antics. 

Over the course of 45 minutes, we solved puzzles, shook items so sensors would go off, found the cleaning supplies for the escape room, and were frustrated with some of the games. Don't get me wrong. We had a good time, but this room did not provide as much joy as the first room. Maybe it was the other people, but this room seemed to be in worse shape - items missing, a couple puzzles already solved, and an attendant that didn't seem to pay enough attention when we solved an item, but the sensor was broken so nothing happened. 

Anyway, we were successful and found the $15 admission worth the price to be locked in a room with a (thankfully) not crying toddler and it's parents. So....success! 

• Like 5