Nassau Atlantis day pass on your own. How I did it and how it is

jean87510

I reserved on the Atlantis website.  $380.  Also filled out Aquaventure waivers prior to arriving.  We decided to take the paradise island ferry over.  This is in the cruise terminal area.  Do not leave the security area!  Costs $7 pp.  Cash only.  A short ferry ride over.  A LONG walk to the ticket entrance!  We showed our enail notification receipt, were given wrist bands and went inside.

This place surprisingly is not crowded.  We went on all the rides easily with zero lines.  We walked on the beach, looked at tbs exhibits.  We decided to buy refillable sodas for $6.25 each.  You do need a credit card here.  There are many shops and restaurants.  There are no vendors.  Place is just breathtaking.  We are still here.  Wifi is great.  No charge to connect.  We brought our towels from the ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Miss Studio said:

Were you able to go to the Aquarium?  Is there an additional charge for it?

We walked around it when we first arrived so yes.  It was very interesting.  It's inside and outside.

I highly recommend downloading their app as it has a virtual map which gives you directions of how to get to places.  There are signs but the app was much more efficient.

4 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

It’s easier to take a taxi, dropped off right in front. Crowds depend on when you are there, we’ve been at busier times so we save the aquarium for the end, after the beach, which we do after the slides.

I suppose if you have difficulty with mobility but then I would bring assistive devices as there is a lot of walking at Atlantis.  When we walked back to the ferry it wasn't bad as we knew where to go.  If trying to save some money and don't mind the walk to Atlantis, ferry is much better.  I'm not a fan of the Nassau taxis (prefer buses and ferries).  But they are easier for some.

48 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I suppose if you have difficulty with mobility but then I would bring assistive devices as there is a lot of walking at Atlantis.  When we walked back to the ferry it wasn't bad as we knew where to go.  If trying to save some money and don't mind the walk to Atlantis, ferry is much better.  I'm not a fan of the Nassau taxis (prefer buses and ferries).  But they are easier for some.

We’ve been charged $5 pp for our family of 7. ETA it’s faster because you don’t need to wait for it to fill up. The taxis don’t bother me much, we have worse here in NJ.

Edited by mjkacmom

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

We’ve been charged $5 pp for our family of 7. ETA it’s faster because you don’t need to wait for it to fill up. The taxis don’t bother me much, we have worse here in NJ.

lol.  I've been charged $15 pp in August.  $30 for a taxi from Paradise Island.  Ferry worked for us.  When we were walking by the taxis, they said Cruise ship?  $20 as a special.  

18 hours ago, jean87510 said:

lol.  I've been charged $15 pp in August.  $30 for a taxi from Paradise Island.  Ferry worked for us.  When we were walking by the taxis, they said Cruise ship?  $20 as a special.  

Cab was $35 for us too, took up the whole car.

6 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Cab was $35 for us too, took up the whole car.

We probably would have done the cab if it was $5 pp each way which it has never been for us for a while in Nassau.  $28 total to and from for the 2 of us via ferry worked.  

18 hours ago, jean87510 said:

We probably would have done the cab if it was $5 pp each way which it has never been for us for a while in Nassau.  $28 total to and from for the 2 of us via ferry worked.  

When you are a family of 7, it’s $35 for the ride, if it were 2 of us, it would be $35 fir the ride. It’s obviously cheaper pp when you have more people.

can you describe what you did there and how much it was per person? Would this adventure be suitable for kids aged 5-15? I would appreciate a link to the booking site, I checked on the atlantis day adventure site and wasn't sure where you booked this adventure.

Edited by jlscott

19 hours ago, jlscott said:

can you describe what you did there and how much it was per person? Would this adventure be suitable for kids aged 5-15? I would appreciate a link to the booking site, I checked on the atlantis day adventure site and wasn't sure where you booked this adventure.

Check the attractions and height minimums, I believe it’s now up to $200 pp. My favorite was the not lazy River (forgot the name), it takes you to many slides while you stay in the tube, and goes over rapids. I’m sure there are youtube videos. There are pools, beach, aquarium, plenty to do. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2023 at 12:42 PM, jean87510 said:

I reserved on the Atlantis website.  $380.  Also filled out Aquaventure waivers prior to arriving.  We decided to take the paradise island ferry over.  This is in the cruise terminal area.  Do not leave the security area!  Costs $7 pp.  Cash only.  A short ferry ride over.  A LONG walk to the ticket entrance!  We showed our enail notification receipt, were given wrist bands and went inside.

This place surprisingly is not crowded.  We went on all the rides easily with zero lines.  We walked on the beach, looked at tbs exhibits.  We decided to buy refillable sodas for $6.25 each.  You do need a credit card here.  There are many shops and restaurants.  There are no vendors.  Place is just breathtaking.  We are still here.  Wifi is great.  No charge to connect.  We brought our towels from the ship.

$380 for how many people?

On 11/6/2023 at 10:57 AM, mjkacmom said:

Check the attractions and height minimums, I believe it’s now up to $200 pp. My favorite was the not lazy River (forgot the name), it takes you to many slides while you stay in the tube, and goes over rapids. I’m sure there are youtube videos. There are pools, beach, aquarium, plenty to do. 

Now known as Rapids River.

On 11/5/2023 at 12:50 PM, mjkacmom said:

When you are a family of 7, it’s $35 for the ride, if it were 2 of us, it would be $35 fir the ride. It’s obviously cheaper pp when you have more people.

The $5pp vans are located at the end of the cruise pier and at Atlantis outside the Royal Tower where the upscale shops are, just before you walk down the stairs to Marina Village.