Work and Wander cruises

uktog

Respectfully, I suspect y'all are overthinking or overanalyzing this.  If any, it may be just a handful of passengers who will use this service.   Perhaps a person will use this offer to convince their workaholic partner to go cruising.

If the internet doesn't work, they will complain and we will hear from those disgruntled passengers online likely not on Cruisecritic, but on some new app or website that young people use.

And by the way, @uktog glad you don't need a monitor or a mouse.   I am so old fashioned that I prefer to use my beloved mouse, keyboard, and external screen as big as possible (two external monitors preferred!!!), but that's just because I work on large spreadsheets, and my aging eyes need bigger displays.   I still miss printing everything and reviewing paper, but I dont use a printer anymore.   I have survived my Azamara cruises by  putting a couple of hours of urgent work using my tiny laptop while drinking a glass of rose in the Patio, and then spending 16 hrs connected to their horrible internet sending my work product.  My point here is:  People have different ways of working.

As @avw stated, I wish them success (even though I dont think there will be many takers).  

• Like 3

20 hours ago, ECCruise said:

My biggest question is logistics.

Say the promotion is just moderately successful, and they book 30 "Work and Wanderers" on a specific sailing.

For the life of me, I can't imagine where they are going to park 30 " included monitors, keyboards, mice and adapters" (their words) plus their users on an Azamara ship without pretty severely impacting the enjoyment of the other 664 pax onboard.

More than moderately successful?  Try finding homes for 60 wanderers, say, and their associated equipment. 

Given that you have to pay a $100 deposit, and it's forfeited if there is any loss or damage to the equipment, then I think they are assuming you will use it in your cabin.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 11:30 AM, uktog said:

It’s so dated as well. How many people who are working remotely use a mouse. Why do I need a monitor if I bring a laptop?

For many they will need to work in a relatively secure environment so IF they were using the ship’s monitor others cannot overlook their screen. How will that be accomplished 

I also thought the image on the PR shot was stupid  - apart from lacking diversity it shows people in work attire at the networking drinks - are people really going to pack all that to work onboard?  Those of us who remote work are past masters now at the “smarter top half” look. A bit more realism is needed on this one. 

I work remotely about 80% of the time, and about 20% in person.

I use a mouse whenever possible just due to the ergonomic improvements it offers over 8+ hours a day on a touchpad...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Can't use anything but a mouse. The pads just drive me nuts!

Phil 

I can only use my own mouse if I’m using one can never use other people’s 

• Like 1