News on shareholder credit

Sea Hag

On 2/4/2024 at 1:39 PM, suzyed said:

I had no real problem with the app itself....but it did take more than "2 days" for the approval response.
The problem is when I tried to apply it to my October 17th sailing and they told me that it can't be applied until after July 31, 2024.  I wonder if then they will want me to go through the verification process again?

Our next cruise is Jan 9, 2025 and the response was the same as yours, July 31, 2024. That is strange

• Like 1

It’s because the current credit offer expires on July 31st.  They are probably waiting until it is extended (usually sometime in March). This is a annual update that Princess use to ignore but apparently stock perks is sticking to the date.

bc1b7f04-a3e8-4176-91ac-a529290fe45d

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/5/2024 at 9:57 AM, andimark said:

I sent a fax for a Carnival cruise and it went thru, and I sent one for Princess but haven't heard anything back. We shall see...

I finally called the Princess phone number on the shareholder page from CCL and that is no longer in service, but they gave another number to call. After several minutes, the rep told me I had to use stock perks. Now stock perks is having difficulties connecting to my broker.

I contacted Charles Schwab via chat at their website and asked them to generate a letter showing that I own 100 shares of Carnival stock. (Apparently, they get this request often.) 24 hours later, I received the letter via email. This way I am not giving up any additional information and there was no charge.

Yesterday, I emailed hello@stockperks.com, including my name, booking number, etc. and attached the email letter from Schwab. I received an automatic reply stating Stockperks would process my request.

I will report back with whatever happens next. For me, this was much easier than trying to use the app on my phone.

• Like 2

Well, I tried to use the Princess email address that some posters were successful with.  They weren’t happy with the format of the first document so I resubmitted it as they directed.  Following that I received a response telling me that I had to use Stockperks. 
     We have a close family member who recently lost over $9000 that was taken electronically out of one of their accounts so we’re being extra cautious about our financial information.  Fortunately for our relative, they were able to recoup their loss.  They still don’t know how the money was taken.

Anyway, Princess has disappointed me.  At this point, after considering this situation and looking at the stock performance I’m thinking that buying Carnival stock was not the best idea.

2 hours ago, Teechur said:

I contacted Charles Schwab via chat at their website and asked them to generate a letter showing that I own 100 shares of Carnival stock. (Apparently, they get this request often.) 24 hours later, I received the letter via email. This way I am not giving up any additional information and there was no charge.

Yesterday, I emailed hello@stockperks.com, including my name, booking number, etc. and attached the email letter from Schwab. I received an automatic reply stating Stockperks would process my request.

I will report back with whatever happens next. For me, this was much easier than trying to use the app on my phone.

Thank you for this info.  Please report back and let us know if this worked well for you.   I'm still struggling with the app.

On 1/31/2024 at 6:44 PM, travellingnana said:

I tried emailing to the old shareholder request address a few days ago and received a follow up email the next day telling me I had to use the stock perks app. 

On 2/1/2024 at 2:33 PM, 57eric said:

Same.

Same here. I did use the app. Stock applied yesterday. Took about 7 days.

4 hours ago, sailaway5 said:

Thank you for this info.  Please report back and let us know if this worked well for you.   I'm still struggling with the app.

I just received a reply: Here it is:

Firstly, thank you for being a loyal Carnival shareholder and guest.  

In order to submit shareholder benefit claims, Carnival strongly recommends all guests to download the Stockperks app to their smartphones.  The program details and links to download the app are on this page:  https://stockperks.com/carnivalcorp.  You can also find the app by searching for "Stockperks" in your app store.  

Connecting your brokerage account via Plaid is the most efficient and secure way to process onboard claims.  

If you have an issue connecting your brokerage account via Plaid, you can also upload your brokerage statement for validation as follows:

• Select profile (bottom right of the app screen)
  • Select portfolio
  • Select validate portfolio (button should be top of screen)
  • If you’re using an iPhone, you’ll see a range of options (Plaid, Fidelity, Alinea, European, Asia Pacific)
  • You can select Fidelity (as a workaround) 
  • Then follow the steps to upload the image of your brokerage statement

Here's a video you can watch of the process as well:  https://youtu.be/sGyuFPulpJs
Once validated, you can submit your claim via the app and Carnival will process it within 5 business days.

I hope this helps.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Kind regards

Zac

Here is my reply:

Zac,

Are you unable to process this request using the email I sent to you?

I don't know how to use this app or Plaid and I should not have to learn it. It is unnecessarily complicated.

Please let Carnival know that I (and many others) strongly recommend an email alternative, and that we are willing to switch brands over this issue.

Imagine if Carnival had to use this app to sell cruises to the public. They would be out of business in a week!
Instead of taking care of their loyal customers, we are treated like beggars hoping for a scrap!

For many years, we switched to land-based travel. After the two cruises we now have booked, it may be time to go back to land-based vacations, or another cruise line.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, Teechur.  This is exactly how I feel.  Loyal Princess customers and shareholders should not have to go through unwanted third party apps just to get the benefit that we were promised when we invested in their company.  It feels like Princess just doesn’t want to be bothered with applying the benefits from statements that we sent to them directly so they’ve pawned off the task to a third party. Like you, we’ve taken some wonderful land tours recently and have also booked our first Viking cruise.  Our March Princess cruise may be our last.

• Like 2

Bud Light learned the hard way what can happen when you disrespect your long-term customers while trying to attract a new crowd. A $27 billion-dollar faux pas that is still growing.

Perhaps Princess is about to learn a similar (and well-deserved) lesson. They didn't have any problem taking our money, but we have to jump through ridiculous, complicated hoops to get a small loyalty bonus?

It's called, biting the hand that feeds you! Next thing you know they will start charging for pizza!

Oh wait...🤑

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Teechur said:

Bud Light learned the hard way what can happen when you disrespect your long-term customers while trying to attract a new crowd. A $27 billion-dollar faux pas that is still growing.

Perhaps Princess is about to learn a similar (and well-deserved) lesson. They didn't have any problem taking our money, but we have to jump through ridiculous, complicated hoops to get a small loyalty bonus?

It's called, biting the hand that feeds you! Next thing you know they will start charging for pizza!

Oh wait...🤑

UPDATE: I just received an email offering to resolve this from Zac at Stockperks.

It concludes with the following statement:

As an aside, we'll have a desktop version ready in the very near future for any future claims of yours

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2024 at 5:40 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

Anyone else having trouble with Stockperks?  I uploaded my info a month ago, and still don't have my credit for my cruise.  I emailed them all the information about a week later, and still no response.  I've asked for someone to call me and no response?  How do you get through to them to clear up issues?

On 2/5/2024 at 9:49 PM, mevs904 said:

I sent an email to the SBPCL email address on February 1st and at this point I haven’t received any kind of acknowledgment that my email was received.  

On 2/6/2024 at 12:46 AM, racj846 said:

As noted elsewhere in this thread you might have better luck sending an email to  hello@stockperks.com  who now look after processing of shareholder benefits.

I have issues with getting my ownership verification and used the in-app message feature to contact them. 

30 minutes ago, Teechur said:

UPDATE: I just received an email offering to resolve this from Zac at Stockperks.

It concludes with the following statement:

As an aside, we'll have a desktop version ready in the very near future for any future claims of yours

Yeah!!!

• Like 2

I'm pleased to say that my Shareholder credit posted to my upcoming cruise.   I was late requesting it only 2 weeks before sailing.    I did use the Alinea option on my Iphone, and NOT Plaid as others had recommended.   After submitting it, they acknowledged receipt in a couple days and said they would submit to Princess for processing.     It took another 2 days.   

Thanks to all the great advice on this thread I submitted my request to hello@stockperks and received my OBC in my account in 2 days.  Sailing on 2/28 so relieved to get it in time 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, edeco said:

Thanks to all the great advice on this thread I submitted my request to hello@stockperks and received my OBC in my account in 2 days.  Sailing on 2/28 so relieved to get it in time 

Current reports are emails with brokerage statements as attachments are being rejected by Zac when sent to hello@stockperks.com with the reply message to use the APP ,but supposedly a web version is to be released ‘soon’ .

When did you send your email? My friend sent Wednesday Feb 7, 2024 and got the email reject reply to use APP.

44 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Current reports are emails with brokerage statements as attachments are being rejected by Zac when sent to hello@stockperks.com with the reply message to use the APP ,but supposedly a web version is to be released ‘soon’ .

When did you send your email? My friend sent Wednesday Feb 7, 2024 and got the email reject reply to use APP.

Not edeco, but I've   requested  the CCL OBC twice using stockperks "Hello" email with an attachment of  my brokerage statement both times.  Emails were sent on 22 Jan and 6 Feb..  Stockperks acknowledged  receipt of  the email and in two days I was told to redeem my OBC using the app and 2 hours later the OBC was on my booking.   Stockperk's last email telling me to redeem the OBC had this   as their first sentence --  Hi Tina - you don't need to submit your shares for claim - you'll be required to update them every 3 months or so.  Has anyone else received this statement from stockperks?  

Edited by coo359a2

Hi @coo359a2, a little clarification. My friend and I have seen previous posts, where persons do not want to use the APP and have sent email with booking details and brokerage statement in attachment in an email to hello@stockperks.com and they processed the request with no further action required.

Now it seems you will get a reply to use the APP which you did, you used the email to send your brokerage verification, not them same.

2 hours ago, wallyj said:

Hi @coo359a2, a little clarification. My friend and I have seen previous posts, where persons do not want to use the APP and have sent email with booking details and brokerage statement in attachment in an email to hello@stockperks.com and they processed the request with no further action required.

Now it seems you will get a reply to use the APP which you did, you used the email to send your brokerage verification, not them same.

My impression is that you automatically receive the response recommending that you use the app, but if you persist, they will process it via email.

A web version is coming soon, according to Zac.

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2024 at 7:29 PM, Teechur said:

I just received a reply: Here it is:

Firstly, thank you for being a loyal Carnival shareholder and guest.  

In order to submit shareholder benefit claims, Carnival strongly recommends all guests to download the Stockperks app to their smartphones.  The program details and links to download the app are on this page:  https://stockperks.com/carnivalcorp.  You can also find the app by searching for "Stockperks" in your app store.  

Connecting your brokerage account via Plaid is the most efficient and secure way to process onboard claims.  

If you have an issue connecting your brokerage account via Plaid, you can also upload your brokerage statement for validation as follows:

• Select profile (bottom right of the app screen)
  • Select portfolio
  • Select validate portfolio (button should be top of screen)
  • If you’re using an iPhone, you’ll see a range of options (Plaid, Fidelity, Alinea, European, Asia Pacific)
  • You can select Fidelity (as a workaround) 
  • Then follow the steps to upload the image of your brokerage statement

Here's a video you can watch of the process as well:  https://youtu.be/sGyuFPulpJs
Once validated, you can submit your claim via the app and Carnival will process it within 5 business days.

I hope this helps.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Kind regards

Zac

Here is my reply:

Zac,

Are you unable to process this request using the email I sent to you?

I don't know how to use this app or Plaid and I should not have to learn it. It is unnecessarily complicated.

Please let Carnival know that I (and many others) strongly recommend an email alternative, and that we are willing to switch brands over this issue.

Imagine if Carnival had to use this app to sell cruises to the public. They would be out of business in a week!
Instead of taking care of their loyal customers, we are treated like beggars hoping for a scrap!

For many years, we switched to land-based travel. After the two cruises we now have booked, it may be time to go back to land-based vacations, or another cruise line.

I just tried this app, thanks for posting this information.  It was quick and easy.  I got an email saying it could take a couple of days for them to evaluate it.  Then, I assume, they'll give me a way to put in the cruise booking numbers.  It's a new process for me.  I just bought some stock since it's been trading lower this week.

50 minutes ago, tserface said:

I just tried this app, thanks for posting this information.  It was quick and easy.  I got an email saying it could take a couple of days for them to evaluate it.  Then, I assume, they'll give me a way to put in the cruise booking numbers.  It's a new process for me.  I just bought some stock since it's been trading lower this week.

Yes, once you have been ‘verified’, you re open the APP and should see a ‘redeem’ button which will then allow you to provide ship and sailing date info. It will then usually say it can take up to 5 business days to process and your OBC posted.

• Like 1

I was hesitant to use the new procedure but was very pleased. Sent it the account documentation and two days later got a notice it was accepted. Went to the redeem feature and send it dates of my upcoming cruise about 10pm. Next morning when I checked my emails at 9am I had a notice credit had been applied. I check the Princess site and sure enough it showed on my booking. I thought was very easy

On 2/9/2024 at 12:59 PM, Teechur said:

My impression is that you automatically receive the response recommending that you use the app, but if you persist, they will process it via email.

A web version is coming soon, according to Zac.

Today I received a follow-up email from Zac at Stockperks. Here it is:

We have submitted this claim and Princess should process it in the next 5 business days.  

We'll be in touch with confirmations.  

We'll also have a desktop option available in the very near future so you can submit your future claims that way.  

Kind regards

On 2/10/2024 at 2:44 PM, Teechur said:

Today I received a follow-up email from Zac at Stockperks. Here it is:

We have submitted this claim and Princess should process it in the next 5 business days.  

We'll be in touch with confirmations.  

We'll also have a desktop option available in the very near future so you can submit your future claims that way.  

Kind regards

Today I received my $250 in OBC. I'm happy!  I hope they have the desktop option available for my cruise in September.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 10:41 AM, andimark said:

I finally called the Princess phone number on the shareholder page from CCL and that is no longer in service, but they gave another number to call. After several minutes, the rep told me I had to use stock perks. Now stock perks is having difficulties connecting to my broker.

When I emailed Stockperks about the connection problems they got back to me and said to resign into the app and my cruise info would be there. I did, and it was, and this morning I got emails from them and Princess that my OBC had posted - it took the 5 days they said it would. 🙂

• Like 1