Any recent hash brown sightings?

Seas2mountains

On 11/4/2023 at 12:12 PM, mking8288 said:

Here, these should help refresh memories - May 3th on the Epic - nowhere in sights on our Escape in September.  

PXL_20230503_072253884.jpg

Those are the hashbrowns I had on the Epic last month.  They also had fried potatoes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

Here are REAL hash browns as I tried to describe earlier. Now we’re talking…

IMG_9808.png

If you're ever in Anchorage, go to Snow City Cafe. Best hash browns I have ever had. Ever. They were actually cooked and seasoned unlike virtually every other place I've ever ordered them from. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

Lack of hash browns may be why NCL stock down by over 5% today.  Angry cruisers selling their shares and looking elsewhere for their hash browns.

I am definitely dumping my shares as I am outraged, which will also fall in line with my credo to buy high and sell low.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This can't be true, I'm so addicted to those things.  On my 12-day Getaway last March they ran out about halfway through and subsituted tater tots which had the same consistency so I was OK with it.  This may push me to test the waters with MSC out of NYC!  LOL

52741423198_91ffb6a238_k.jpg

52740934286_0c055bd532_k.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, wilmingtech said:

12/9 - But I'll be following your 12/2  "LIVE FROM THE ESCAPE" thread like a one eyed dog in a meat market!

😁😁😁

Wait, have I committed do doing a live report?!?!  Hell, I've never even been on a cruise lol.. Actually that may be interesting to see a newb cruise report 😄

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Wait, have I committed do doing a live report?!?!  Hell, I've never even been on a cruise lol.. Actually that may be interesting to see a newb cruise report 😄

No commitment required, only a compelling persuasion of community encouragement!

But you will be required at the least to report any sightings of hashbrowns.

Edited by wilmingtech
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

None to be had on the Breakaway last week, my wife asked at the breakfast buffet and they said they only had breakfast potatoes (aka home fries). Personally, I think the round crispy hash browns are way too greasy.

Thanks for adding to the confirmations. The grease is what make those little round shredded up potatoes so yummy! But, as I've said elsewhere, at least I'll save some calories/stomach space for more bacon since I won't eat the breakfast potatoes. They're just ho-hum, spiceless, and boring to me. Thank you to your wife!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, sebas030 said:

In fact this is a "RÖSTI",it was invented in Switzerland...not a Hahsbrown 😉 

Then you better inform every diner in the US. That's what they call them...even though my mom called them potato pancakes when she made them.

• Like 4