difficulty on Holland America website

Borge

3 minutes ago, Borge said:

Is anyone else having problems on the website? I just get a spinning circle and no connection.

Are you using an incognito browser window? That is what most of us have had to resort to.

You can also clear your cookies, but it crashes your other signons and wears off very soon.

thanks I tried that and got the farthest yet on the website.

What the heck, I have talked to our agent I use on Holland and there doesn't seem to be any concern, says I can always call and they will look up cruises for me.

I much prefer looking on my own.

• Like 1

I’ve been largely able to avoid problems using Safari (most often the ios version) and not logging in from the main landing page  (hollandamerica.com).  Instead, I click on “Already Booked” on that page and “Manage My Bookings” on the page that comes up, and log in from there (using stored account id and password from my iphone or ipad).

Once you’re in, you can go anywhere - from, in fact, managing bookings to shopping for a new trip, looking at excursions, checking ship details, etc.

Hope this helps a person or two that have been experiencing the troubles logging in.

I came to this forum specifically to see if anyone else is having problems with the website.  I finally had to call the Shore Excursion landline Tuesday to ask if anyone else was having problems and she tiredly said  she'd been hearing lots of complaints.  This makes me so frustrated --- their website has never been great and has always been poor at best.  What exactly is the problem?  Why can't their customers have a great website experience (which would benefit them and us).  To whom should we complain or would it do any good?  Never worked in the past.  Grrrrrrrr.  My world cruise leaves in a few weeks and there are lots of decisions to still be made as far as excursions.  Do you realize there are 47 ports on this WC?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Are you using an incognito browser window? That is what most of us have had to resort to.

You can also clear your cookies, but it crashes your other signons and wears off very soon.

You can avoid crashing your other sign-ons by only deleting the cookies for the HAL site.  To do this, while on the HAL site click on the little lock on the left side of the address line, then the Cookies and Site Data option on the pull down menu and follow the instructions.  Thanks to @POA1 for this trip.

Edited by Toofarfromthesea
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

You can avoid crashing your other sign-ons by only deleting the cookies for the HAL site.  To do this, while on the HAL site click on the little lock on the left side of the address line, then the Cookies and Site Data option on the pull down menu and follow the instructions.  Thanks to @POA1 for this trip.

Thanks for the shout out. There are waaaay too many places where the "delete all your cookies and cache" advice is given out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

Ah, but how do I get on the HAL site?  That's the issue I'm having.  

I have been having issues the last few days. Almost since I booked my cruise lol. I can get to the main page but can't open a lot of the other pages as I get the Error 400 or 412. It is indeed frustrating. Hubby tried removing cookies/cache stuff but still its happening. There are certain pages I can access but the ones I really want to see like the excursions, extras etc I cannot access. Nor can I log into the app. 

It seems my booking is not connected to my account but I can access the booking. I dunno. I'm confused hehe. My weee old brain is no good for it.

9 hours ago, Will_Dieterich said:

Just tried myself and cannot get in.

Had to go the route, as mentioned above, of using incognito and my saved user name and password. 

Just tried to get in.  For a few seconds it looked "normal" like it was connecting, then went to faded background with spinning wheel....

I really need to book excursions, guess I'll be going the incognito route also.