Adding Plus or Premium After Boarding

Luv2CtheMouse9

We are going to add one of the packages, but it will be after we board. We will not have an option on this. Somebody else is paying for our cruise, so if we add anything on now, it has to be done through their travel agent. In short, they booked through a company that has been nothing but awful and they have already caused some issues.  I do not want to get into it, but suffice it to say that I will need to wait until Embarkation Day to add the package for both of us.

How do I do that?  Do I need to go to the front desk or can I do that from my phone (app) once we get on board?  And, Can I purchase it for both people in our room or do we have to purchase separately? 

Just now, Luv2CtheMouse9 said:

We are going to add one of the packages, but it will be after we board. We will not have an option on this. Somebody else is paying for our cruise, so if we add anything on now, it has to be done through their travel agent. In short, they booked through a company that has been nothing but awful and they have already caused some issues.  I do not want to get into it, but suffice it to say that I will need to wait until Embarkation Day to add the package for both of us.

How do I do that?  Do I need to go to the front desk or can I do that from my phone (app) once we get on board?  And, Can I purchase it for both people in our room or do we have to purchase separately? 

They will be selling them when you board all over the place.  You both will have to have it added.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Luv2CtheMouse9 said:

When you board, you will see a table and sign in the Piazza, where you can sign up for the package.  The nice thing is, that the employee gets commission.

Or, you can do it on the App too.  Everywhere you go, there’s an ad or opportunity to buy it.  No reason to stand in line at GS.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

They will be selling them when you board all over the place.  You both will have to have it added.

We both want it. I was not sure if I can add it for both of us or if we have to do it on a separate medallion purchase...which would be silly as we will use only 1 credit card. 🙂 

36 minutes ago, Luv2CtheMouse9 said:

We both want it. I was not sure if I can add it for both of us or if we have to do it on a separate medallion purchase...which would be silly as we will use only 1 credit card. 🙂 

Yeah, I would assume so.  You used to could buy stuff for one or both people, but I'm not sure if they handle the plus and premier packages differently.   I doubt it, but I'm sure someone will chime in who has done this.

Just recently did this myself.  You can purchase on the App - it's under Profile > Journey Account > Packages. (hopefully that is the right place, my App is not working right now)

You sign up there for both in the cabin, goes to your shipboard account like any other purchases.

Benefits to doing this is that you don't have to buy it early as part of the cruise, and any OBC you have can go toward it.

@Tedferg - good point about checking in case it doesn't activate immediately.  In our case we purchased the package and then got a drink 10 mins later and it was all working - but YMMV so best to check.  If there are any charges you can just message in the App and they will sort

Edited by Citizenxnz
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Yeah, I would assume so.  You used to could buy stuff for one or both people, but I'm not sure if they handle the plus and premier packages differently.   I doubt it, but I'm sure someone will chime in who has done this.

Plus package which includes WiFi and gratuities must be purchased for both. Standalone beverage package may be purchased for one

1 hour ago, Citizenxnz said:

Just recently did this myself.  You can purchase on the App - it's under Profile > Journey Account > Packages. (hopefully that is the right place, my App is not working right now)

You sign up there for both in the cabin, goes to your shipboard account like any other purchases.

Benefits to doing this is that you don't have to buy it early as part of the cruise, and any OBC you have can go toward it.

@Tedferg - good point about checking in case it doesn't activate immediately.  In our case we purchased the package and then got a drink 10 mins later and it was all working - but YMMV so best to check.  If there are any charges you can just message in the App and they will sort

We did the Plus to Premier upgrade literally seconds after boarding the Discovery a few weeks ago (had to use up some the our OBC). We did it at a table in the Piazza as we walked on board. The gentleman selling it to us was quite clear, when I confirmed with him, that it would "go live" instantly, and it did.  He used one of the employee tablets connected to their system to do the immediate activation. But yes, ALWAYS check your on board account on a very regular basis, mistaken charges are not uncommon.

• Like 1