Special nights on the ship

Amber14

I know I have read about this but can't find it anywhere. We will be on Serenity for 13 nights in Jan. Is there anywhere we can find out which nights are formal and which night is the White Night party now? I can now book excursions and dining so it would help if I knew. Also, does it really matter? On other ships the menu in the main dining room on formal nights was better than the others. Is it like that on Crystal? Thanks!

Edited by Amber14

10 minutes ago, Amber14 said:

I know I have read about this but can't find it anywhere. We will be on Serenity for 13 nights in Jan. Is there anywhere we can find out which nights are formal and which night is the White Night party now? I can now book excursions and dining so it would help if I knew. Also, does it really matter? On other ships the menu in the main dining room on formal nights was better than the others. Is it like that on Crystal? Thanks!

At this point you can't tell which nights are formal. Hopefully, this will be added to the website in-time. You could see if your TA can followup with on board guest services to see if they can obtain the information on formal nights.

As to the formal nights you will likely have two on your cruise.  First one either January 6 (probably) or January 8. These are sea days.

Second one I think will be January 16 also a sea day.

On that first formal night I like Waterside as it has a great menu. I found every night at Waterside the menus are even better than before but on the formal night it's a step up. Waterside is the equivalent of the main dining room. Used to be called Crystal Dining Room before renamed Waterside.

As to white party I would not worry about when it will be held. If you want to get into the spirit of it plan to dress in something white but whatever night it is shouldn't matter where you dine.  The party will be later in the evening.

I hope this helps.

Keith

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

At this point you can't tell which nights are formal. Hopefully, this will be added to the website in-time. You could see if your TA can followup with on board guest services to see if they can obtain the information on formal nights.

As to the formal nights you will likely have two on your cruise.  First one either January 6 (probably) or January 8. These are sea days.

Second one I think will be January 16 also a sea day.

On that first formal night I like Waterside as it has a great menu. I found every night at Waterside the menus are even better than before but on the formal night it's a step up. Waterside is the equivalent of the main dining room. Used to be called Crystal Dining Room before renamed Waterside.

As to white party I would not worry about when it will be held. If you want to get into the spirit of it plan to dress in something white but whatever night it is shouldn't matter where you dine.  The party will be later in the evening.

I hope this helps.

Keith

Wow, that helps so much! Thanks Keith. I have learned so much from you. Your comments and posts always make me even more excited for my first Crystal cruise!

• Like 1

I’m onboard now and the white party was last night. Amazing how many dressed in white, with the ridiculous to the sublime. Perhaps 80%, maybe more. Most attractive outfit was not white at all.

The party was in the Crystal Cove and was at the regular show time. There was no other show.

• Like 2

Same cruise as Amber, the January cruise. I asked at obgs email address and got an answer.

This cruise will have two formal nights with the dates confirmed closely to voyage.

How soon close to your sailing date did anyone of you find out what nights are formal nights? Ask shoreside staff close to the sailing date? Or did Crystal send out emails?

thank you, Kate 

On 11/6/2023 at 6:07 AM, May B said:

I’m onboard now and the white party was last night. Amazing how many dressed in white, with the ridiculous to the sublime. Perhaps 80%, maybe more. Most attractive outfit was not white at all.

The party was in the Crystal Cove and was at the regular show time. There was no other show.

Do people wear their white clothes to dinner also or just to the party/show? We are looking forward to this special night!

45 minutes ago, Amber14 said:

Do people wear their white clothes to dinner also or just to the party/show? We are looking forward to this special night!

I agree with Ibis.

They wear them throughout the evening and my wife and I do as well.

Keith

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amber14 said:

To dinner! We were at Umi Uma and I was seated where I could see everybody as they entered. So much fun!

• Like 2

Thanks for answering my question! Glad to hear you wear the white to dinner...one less outfit I have to pack. Love that they have laundry though. It will be the first time we will be using this and it will really help. No more sweaty running clothes to have to hide in our cabin and then pack to come home.